IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Kobe once scored 56 points in 30 minutes 
What is impressive about that? Why don't you count all the times he tried scoring 56 points in 30 minutes and failed... tremendously...?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you try to score 56 points in 30 minutes on 40-50 different occasions in your career, there will be one time when your shot is actually falling at a high clip.

Remember when Bean Bryant tried to score 81 vs. the Warriors earlier this season, but barely scored half of that?

Of course you don't.

If its so easy for a big man to dominate....

Why don't big men dominate today?

And don't give me that "big men aren't taught to be big men" rule cuz that's not eem true...

Starting a tram with players drafted from 90-2000...

1. Shaq... 2. Duncan.... 3. Kobe...

Big Men don't dominate today because they don't play like Big Men...

You got 7 footers out there shooting jumpshots :lol:

What is impressive about that? Why don't you count all the times he tried scoring 56 points in 30 minutes and failed... tremendously...?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you try to score 56 points in 30 minutes on 40-50 different occasions in your career, there will be one time when your shot is actually falling at a high clip.

Remember when Bean Bryant tried to score 81 vs. the Warriors earlier this season, but barely scored half of that?

Of course you don't.

No one does because that didn't happen.

From 03-07 kobe was the best player in the league maybe 08 but 09 we all know who took the crown

What :lol: ? One of the best? Sure. Top 3 even? Sure. But in that timespan you had T Mac, Lebron, A.I., etc. all in their primes and Lebron has been the best in the league since 06' if we're being honest.

The longevity, consistency, and impact that Kobe has shown towards the game can't be ignored. Few players are able to withstand playing in the spotlight of a LA or a NY like Kobe has embraced. Also, the accomplishments can't be ignored. The numbers speak for themselves. The rings speak for themselves. Whether you like it or not, he played with other great players that helped him win but the last time I checked: That's the whole point of being on a team! Jordan is the GOAT but  If you don't think the Pippen's Kukoc's Ron Harper's Rodman's etc. weren't very good in their own right, you must be sippin' that Weezy lean. 

How? Which guard not named Michael Jordan has had as great a career as Kobe in the last 30 years? I'm waiting..... We can argue who was better in their primes but that's a completely different discussion. Magic is the only name that can be mentioned career wise and he himself has given the nod to Kobe. Those with the stats to compare don't have the rings or the longevity. I believe LeBron will soon surpass Kobe but until then, I got Kobe right after Jordan. You gotta look at the whole body of work 
nthat.gif

Kobe aint even in the top 100.
He aint better than any of the original top 50.
Make a modern top 50 and he dont belong on that list either.

Shaq and Phil got him his first 3.
Pau, phil and the refs got him his last 2.
He has horrible shooting %.
81 point game? Against a bum Raptors squad.
Best Laker? Naw. Put his *** behind all the jerseys hangin in the rafters.
Ceballos, Van Exel, Divac, Threatt, Jones, Cooper, Scott, Green, Rambis, Thompson, Woolridge, Horry, Fox, even Sasha were all better Lakers.
HOF? Hell no. That would be an insult to the NBA.

Change thread title from overrated to worst player in NBA history.

Double.

In short, Kobe should have never been in the NBA.
The league would have been better off without him.

Closed.
Shut this thread down.

Last edited:
No one does because that didn't happen.

:rofl: Kobe fans. Y'all crack me up. So Kobe wasn't out there jacking up shots huh? Guess you forgot dude threw up more than 40 shots. Oh let me guess, the classic kobe fan comeback, "he needed to for the team to have a chance to win," when that's been proven false plenty of times, especially during THAT stretch. :smh:

Jesus christ this thread is sad. People giving shaq credit for the first 3, pau gets the last 2. Like damn I see the same dudes praising lebrons 1. If by some standards kobe has 1.5 rings im giving lebron 1/3 of a ring. If u don't like kobe fine who cares but u can't discredit his body of work. Dude is bout to be 35 n is still top 5 in the league, let me guess steroids huh? I feel bad when the next young phenom comes along n all u guys turn your back on kd n lebron. O how they forget

Jesus christ this thread is sad. People giving shaq credit for the first 3, pau gets the last 2. Like damn I see the same dudes praising lebrons 1. If by some standards kobe has 1.5 rings im giving lebron 1/3 of a ring. If u don't like kobe fine who cares but u can't discredit his body of work. Dude is bout to be 35 n is still top 5 in the league, let me guess steroids huh? I feel bad when the next young phenom comes along n all u guys turn your back on kd n lebron. O how they forget
to be fair both orlando and boston put all 5 players on pau which is why he didnt score as much as kobe, it was really the greatness of pau gasol to find the open man (kobe) all those times. but all of kobes shots were open layups so you could have replaced him with the average middle schooler and the lakers would have still won. Lebron on the other hand, people really dont realize how hard it is to go 1v5 while literally carrying the rest of his team on his back, do you know how heavy joel anthony is?!

:rofl: Kobe fans. Y'all crack me up. So Kobe wasn't out there jacking up shots huh? Guess you forgot dude threw up more than 40 shots. Oh let me guess, the classic kobe fan comeback, "he needed to for the team to have a chance to win," when that's been proven false plenty of times, especially during THAT stretch. :smh:

The statement was he tried to score 81. Being that no one can actually prove that he tried to do that how could one remember that? Oh that's right you can't. Carry on

The statement was he tried to score 81. Being that no one can actually prove that he tried to do that how could one remember that? Oh that's right you can't. Carry on
Ohhh okay, we're playing that game?

Why not just lock this thread up because it can't be proven that Kobe "Bean" Bryant is even a top 20 all-time NBA player.

Why not just lock this thread up because it can't be proven that Kobe "Bean" Bryant is even a top 20 all-time NBA player.
no no, it is proven that he tries to score 81 points or more every game he plays.

just think about it...

he has been successful in one game in 17 years

just

ONE

OVERRATED 

1 the statement was incredibly stupid so I responded with equally stupid reasoning.

2 it can be proven. There aren't 20 people with better resumes

3 thread should have been locked a looooong time ago. Instead we have people like yourself spewing absolute nonsense such as Kobe tried to go for 81 against the warriors

Kobe aint even in the top 100.
He aint better than any of the original top 50.
Make a modern top 50 and he dont belong on that list either.

Shaq and Phil got him his first 3.
Pau, phil and the refs got him his last 2.
He has horrible shooting %.
81 point game? Against a bum Raptors squad.
Best Laker? Naw. Put his *** behind all the jerseys hangin in the rafters.
Ceballos, Van Exel, Divac, Threatt, Jones, Cooper, Scott, Green, Rambis, Thompson, Woolridge, Horry, Fox, even Sasha were all better Lakers.
HOF? Hell no. That would be an insult to the NBA.

Change thread title from overrated to worst player in NBA history.

I'm glad somebody said it. Saved me the time.

Better yet, Kobe Bryant should have never been born.
Horrible player.
Imagine how awesome the league would have been post-Jordan w/o this POS trash Bryant.

Better yet, Kobe Bryant should have never been born.
Horrible player.
Imagine how awesome the league would have been post-Jordan w/o this POS trash Bryant.

Are we twins? Horrible player. Terrible person. We ALL would be better without Kobe Bryant in the world.

Back
Top Bottom