IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

[quote name="Nako XL"]Michael Jordan played with Rip, Stack, Oakley, and Laettner.  Couldn't make the playoffs.  Twice.

Lebron made it to the finals with less. Hakeem won a chip with less.

How can Jordan be the best player ever?

Hell Jordan has NEVER won ANYTHING without another hall of famer and Phil Jackson coaching.

Jordan couldn't even sniff the finals without the best small forward in the world on his team.

Overrated.  Lebron > Jordan.
[/quote]True. But... do the pre-Finals years count for anything at all? No, they weren't championship years, but there were some pretty decent seasons there for the Bulls.

Scottie Pippen is a hall of famer and arguably the BEST small forward ever.  Has Nash ever been the clear cut best point guard in the nba at any point?  Is Dwight Howard currently a hall of famer?

Pippen isn't considered the GOAT basketball player.  Jordan is.  But... like I said Jordan could never win **** without Pippen.  Was winless in the playoffs before him and could never even make the playoffs after.

Jordan is overrated.

Ummm Pippen lost that claim the moment a guy that you Kobe fans love to hate stepped onto an NBA court for his 5th season on. Stop it! And umm, Nash winning the MVPS made him a clear cut best pg at that time. Dwight Howard is way too young to be in the HOF. I don't even know where you trying to go with that one. Oh that's right, trying to discredit Dwight as if he hasn't been the best center in the L for the past couple years.

I didn't even think of Lebron I was dumbfounded this dude was alluding to Scottie Pippen being better than Larry Bird.

[quote name="CP"]Basically what I figured. No one could actually make the point, or refute the claim that Kobe's overall game, defense included, matches up pretty well with Magic.

Ride Shaq
Phil made them great
Pierce, Kidd, Vince comparisons
Misses a ton of shots
And style

Those replies, those can be added with ease. None of these "basketball minds" in here could speak on the players themselves tho. Couldn't refute my point about the holes in Magic's game, just gloss over them and pretend the point was never made.
Exactly.

Except not at all. :lol:

I made a point... many times... about the unquantifiable impact Magic had. I've mentioned the complete lack of talent that other players were surrounded with. If a good debate relies on responses and rebuttals, there have definitely been both responses and rebuttals to the gaudy stats you have posted.

If you don't want to acknowledge those responses, that's understandable. But they definitely happened, whether you acknowledge them or not.[/quote]

Yo man, I gave you and Cartune credit for your arguments. :lol:

The stuff you quoted was for the rest of these clowns doin nothin but posting smileys and ****. When it came to actual comparisons they were left standin there holdin their ****s with nothin to say.

"I hate when skillsets get brought up".

Well what the **** these players get drafted at 18 for,their mental makeup? :rofl:

I mean, when comparing great players across generations, who would ever eval guys on their skills, or God forbid, talent on the court? :lol: :lol:

So nah man, you and Tune brought your points, made a good debate, credit to both of you.

Injured Dwight
Injured 39 year old Nash
Injured 33 year old Pau
36 year old Jamison
32 year old Artest
While Kobe himself is 34.

Goin on their 6th month playin together.

It's the same thing, clearly.

Stop with this tired *** excuse as if they were doing ANYTHING before the "injuries." Oooh let me guess, "new system" right? Funny how it wasn't a "new system" when the Heat were struggling in the beginning the first year the Big 3 joined but now since it's Kobe, EVERY excuse is used by the same people, no less. HILARIOUS!

DWIGHT WAS COMING IN OFF BACK SURGERY AND NASH BROKE HIS ******G LEG IN THE SECOND GOD DAMN GAME WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????????

Injured Dwight
Injured 39 year old Nash
Injured 33 year old Pau
36 year old Jamison
32 year old Artest

Stop with this tired *** excuse as if they were doing ANYTHING before the "injuries." Oooh let me guess, "new system" right? Funny how it wasn't a "new system" when the Heat were struggling in the beginning the first year the Big 3 joined but now since it's Kobe, EVERY excuse is used by the same people, no less. HILARIOUS!

DWIGHT WAS COMING IN OFF BACK SURGERY AND NASH BROKE HIS ******G LEG IN THE SECOND GOD DAMN GAME WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???????????

16 and 12 and Dwight has missed what 6 or 7 games?

Injured Dwight
Injured 39 year old Nash
Injured 33 year old Pau
36 year old Jamison
32 year old Artest

16 and 12 and Dwight has missed what 6 or 7 games?

and he was healthy enough to play in the All Star Game :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Let me guess, you all have watched Dwight play this year 3 times.

Ask ANYbody how Dwight has been legs wise this year.

:lol: :lol:

Let me guess, you all have watched Dwight play this year 3 times.

Ask ANYbody how Dwight has been legs wise this year.

Dwight has been hobbled, but hes still putting up 16 and 13 and is still the catalyst for the Defense. Pretty sure theres only 1 other center putting up those numbers, if even.

Last edited:
That speaks to the C position, but you should know he's had trouble even dunking the ball early in the year and in back to backs he can't move for the second game.

I'm not here to make excuses, we haven't played well thru all the injuries, but those posts were acting like Nash, Pau, Dwight been playin all year. And that's ********. The 4 of them barely have 5-7 games together this year. That's my only point. Not an excuse for us sucking, we have no one to blame for that but ourselves.

Ummm Pippen lost that claim the moment a guy that you Kobe fans love to hate stepped onto an NBA court for his 5th season on. Stop it! And umm, Nash winning the MVPS made him a clear cut best pg at that time. Dwight Howard is way too young to be in the HOF. I don't even know where you trying to go with that one. Oh that's right, trying to discredit Dwight as if he hasn't been the best center in the L for the past couple years.
I didn't even think of Lebron I was dumbfounded this dude was alluding to Scottie Pippen being better than Larry Bird.
Ok.

From 1990-1998, who was the best small forward in the nba?

You're nit picking that point because you're stuck.

Fine.  Pippen was mediocre.  Jordan couldn't win **** without a mediocre small forward.

theyre on National Tv weekly
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Did you watch the game where he had to come out because he couldn't feel his legs?

Then missed the next game?

Oh, but he's the same Dwight.  Ignore that he's playing poorly too, going 6 for 18 against the suns last night to get that 16 and 11.

But that's Kobe's fault.

Last edited:
Did you watch the game where he had to come out because he couldn't feel his legs?

Oh, but he's the same Dwight.  Ignore that he's playing poorly too, going 6 for 18 against the suns last night to get that 16 and 11.

But that's Kobe's fault.

No one said he was the same Dwight as before. But hes still putting up 16 and 12 shooting 56%. You brought up his worst shooting game of the season acting like he's shooting 33% for the season. No other center is putting up 16 and 12 while shooting 56%. Dudes acting like Dwight is pulling a Kwame Brown for the season.

Last edited:

But that's Kobe's fault.

No one said he was the same Dwight as before. But hes still putting up 16 and 12 shooting 56%. You brought up his worst shooting game of the season acting like he's shooting 33% for the season. No other center is putting up 16 and 12 while shooting 56%. Dudes acting like Dwight is pulling a Kwame Brown for the season.

laker fans smh

Some of you Kobe riders are straight up pathetic.

Consistently degrading his supporting cast, when he clearly has played with the most talent since Pau came to LA.

Overrating other great players supporting casts to make Kobe look good. Guy even said Pippen was the GOAT at sf. GOAT :lol:

Presenting memes that arent even accurate, trying to amp up Kobe. Having other guys coming in agreeing with an inaccurate meme cause it makes Kobe look good.

And thats just in the the last few pages.

And yall wonder why some people think Kobe is overrated.

:smh:

But that's Kobe's fault.
people said "kobe is playing with dwight, nash, artest, pau, and antoine jamison."

the response is "all of those people are hurt and/or old."

the rebuttal to that was "dwight's not hurt" which of course raises the reply, "he complained early in the season that on back to backs he couldn't feel his legs, and last night he shot 33%.  How is that Kobe's fault?"

Now all of a sudden we're gonna argue Dwight, Nash, and Pau are balling at their usual all star levels like it means...

You know what? forget it. I'm tired.

You're right.  No one who thinks Kobe is a top 15 player in history knows anything about basketball.

Based on the arguments in this thread, Kobe may be overrated. 

But if that's so, then according to the same flimsy arguments, then so is Jordan.

Lebron >>> Jordan.

Last edited:
And if you don't think Pippen is one of the 1-5 greatest small forwards ever and a top 5 player in the league for the entirety of the 90s you're an imbecile.

75% Dwight = same as playing with 33-34-35 year old Kareem + 23-24-25 year old Worthy while Magic himself was 22-23-24.

NT clown logic.

Quote someone because I can't find it in the last two and I can't find where people are comparing Dwight and Nash to kareem and Worthy either.

But I jus read lebron is 1b to mike when he retires.... NT disgust me

Back
Top Bottom