In the spirit of Halloween. Post your city/towns urban legends...

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]St. Louis Bubblehead Road (2 different stories)

A secluded street in unincorporated north St. Louis county.[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Urban legend states something to the effect that years ago, people settled near the end of the road.Through years of inbreeding, the descendants of the original settlers developed hydrocephali, or "Water on the Brain," which caused their heads to beover sized, hence the term "bubblehead."[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]This is a relatively famous urban legend in NoCo St. Louis, with many residents convinced of some truthbehind it. Indeed, when you drive to the end of the road there are several "No Trespassing" signs. I mean, A LOT of signs. I've heard of manypeople getting chased off at night by unseen figures in the woods.

[/color] to my understanding the legend has been around for 40-50 years. I was once told that it wasa misunderstanding from actually a different location. Apparently it was around the boys home in by fort bellefountain. there was a home there where there weresome kids with that disease where you aged really quickly and as a result they had really small figures but big heads. people back then not being aware of sucha disease stumbling across these kids and getting freaked out and chased off by security. the story i heard is that a number of kids were placed together in ahome because back in those days when you had a child with a handicap or something you didn't keep it and raise it they were sent to special places. I haveno idea the validity of this story this is just something i heard once. but im sure everyone has their own story,
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]
I'm trying to get my friends to go see it on Halloween and see what happens.
[/color]

samara_well1.jpg

Filmed in Washington.

Just some some tales for Halloween...no legends or anything like that.

"Red"

Many years ago, the walls of Japanese houses were made of thin rice paper. It was thin enough for you to see the shadow ofsomeone on the other side, but you couldn't make out any details. Anyway, one night, a young businessman was walking through a village on the way home. Itwas getting dark, so he stopped at a house and asked the man their if he could stay with him for the night. "Of Course," the man replied, "Idon't get many visitors."

Later that night, as the man was sleeping, he was woken up by a rhythmic tapping. He opened his eyes and saw thesilhouette of a woman dancing (Remember, the walls are made of rice paper). He wet his finger and poked a hole through so he could have a better view. Throughit, he saw a beautiful woman dancing. Her long, black hair covered one side of her face. The man wondered why the old man hadn't told him about her. Hedecided to take one last look through the hole. This time, all he saw was a red glow and nothing else. Thinking nothing of it, the man settled into a deepsleep. The next morning, at breakfast, he asked the old man, "Who was that woman in the room beside me?"

The old man replied, "Woman? There isn't anyone living with me. I used to have a daughter, but we couldn'tfind a suitor for her, as she was born with a deformity. She died in that room."

"What was the deformity?" The young man asked.

"She was born with one red eye."

--THE END--

"Portraits"

A few years ago, there was a hunter named Dustin. He was travelling through some dense forests in northern Washington. It was getting late, so Dustin decidedto find a place to stay. After just a few minutes of searching, he found a large cabin. He was pleasantly surprised to find that it was unlocked. Thinking thathe'd meet the owner tomorrow, he settled into a bed.

While he was laying in bed, he couldn't sleep because of the numerous portraits around the room. They were all incredibly detailed and almost all hadscathing expressions. Some looked contorted in rage, while others had looks of utmost malice. Dustin eventually drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

The next morning, he was awoken by bright sunlight. He wanted to examine all of the portraits in the light. But when he saw them, found that they weren'tportraits, but they were windows.

--THE END--

Not really an urban legend, but a house down the street from mine had murders committed inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Evonitz

Dude lived in my neighborhood and killed 3 girls (that they know of) in his house or something.

If you live in VA you've most likely heard about this. I remember when the girls were missing, there was maaaaad posters and +!+% everywhere with numbersand their pictures. It was weird cuz I was used to random stuff happening around me from where I had lived, but not like on some kidnap, rape, and murder typestuff.

I lived in Heritage Park before I moved. Crackhead and 3am shooting central. But this dude had me like
frown.gif

Milpitas, Ca
Marsh Road
Marcy Conrad, a young teenage girl who was murdered and raped by Anthony Broussard (her boyfriend), was left dead at a bridge on Marsh Road. Witnesses passingby the bridge late at night claim to have seen the ghost of the girl. As the driver looks at the rear view mirror, she will appear in the reflection, but asyou look back, she's gone. It is said that she usually haunts couples that pass by the raod.
This area of Marsh Road is now closed due to the influx of "lookie-loos."

Fremont, Ca
Niles Canyon Road
A "White Witch" is said to appear trying to hitch a ride home. She supposedly died in a car crash on her Prom night back in the 1920's. Whenshe is pick up, she gives the address where she would like to go. When the driver gets there, she is gone. The driver asks the people who reside if they knowanything about it and is told that she is related to them, and has been dead for many years.

Well the best one around me is Gore Orphanage outside of Cleveland in a rural area of Vermillion Ohio,It happened over 100 years ago it was a Orphanage ran byan old man that would beat and rumored to have killed many children and burn there bodies in the fire place,and some how it caught fire and alot of kids weretrapped and burned to death and to this day if you visit the site which the foundation and pillars still remain you can hear children creaming and running anddoors slamming and trust me its true google Gore Orphanage and check it out....this is a ghost caught oncamera at Gore Orphanage...

California - Covina - Zelda's Lagend - In the Early 1900's a young girl around 15 was kidnapped and taken to an underground tunnel by a cult. The cult sacrificed her later that night at the end of the tunnel. No-one has ever made it to the end of the tunnel and if they have they never came out. The legend is of you her five church bells she appears and kills.
Me and my cousins played ghost hunters here a year or two ago and busted this legend. The "church bells" are cars driving overmanholes..the acoustics cause the reverberations to sound like church bells. We made it all the way to the end...though we were scared as all get out
nerd.gif
. Other than getting dirty, we came back unharmed.

In San Antonio there are haunted tracks. [font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]

[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Just south of San Antonio, Texas, in an unremarkable neighborhood not far from the SanJuan Mission is an intersection of roadway and railroad track that has become somewhat famous in the catalog of American ghost lore. The intersection, so thestory goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot. And the curious from allover the country come to this section of railroad track to witness firsthand the paranormal phenomena they've heard takes place there.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The story - at least 20 years old - is the stuff of urban legend and its details vary from telling totelling, but this is essentially it:[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Back in the 1930s or 1940s, a school bus full of children was making its way down the road and toward theintersection when it stalled on the railroad tracks. A speeding train smashed into the bus, killing 10 of the children and the bus driver. Since that dreadfulaccident many years ago, any car stopped near the railroad tracks will be pushed by unseen hands across the tracks to safety. It is the spirits of thechildren, they say, who push the cars across the tracks to prevent a tragedy and fate like their own.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Even today, cars line up at the haunted intersection to see if the legend is true. The driver stops thecars some 20 to 30 yards from the tracks and puts the car in neutral gear. Some even turn off their engines. And sure enough, even though it appears that theroad is on an upward grade, the car begins to roll. It rolls slowly first, then steadily gaining speed - seemingly of its own accord and against gravity - upand over the tracks. This has been tested time and time again, and cars really do roll up and over the tracks - every time.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]But that's not all. The second half of this legend is that if a light powder - like talcum or baby powder - is sprinkled overthe car's trunk and rear bumper, tiny fingerprints and handprints will appear - the prints of the ghost children pushing the car. Many who have tried itswear that indeed they can see the evidence of small children's handprints in the powder.

[/font]

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Even today, cars line up at the haunted intersection to see if the legend is true. The driver stops the cars some 20 to 30 yards from the tracks and puts the car in neutral gear. Some even turn off their engines. And sure enough, even though it appears that the road is on an upward grade, the car begins to roll. It rolls slowly first, then steadily gaining speed - seemingly of its own accord and against gravity - up and over the tracks. This has been tested time and time again, and cars really do roll up and over the tracks - every time.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]But that's not all. The second half of this legend is that if a light powder - like talcum or baby powder - is sprinkled over the car's trunk and rear bumper, tiny fingerprints and handprints will appear - the prints of the ghost children pushing the car. Many who have tried it swear that indeed they can see the evidence of small children's handprints in the powder.

[/font]

wow....

Naked Clown. heard dude is a clown that only wears a trench coat. once dude opens that coat its
fb83587ceeeee7d1803bb8f12c5351268ec4349.gif

i know a girl who is TERRIFIED of this. she'd piss people off and we'd just whisper "naked clown" and she'd damn near cry.

I also heard the story of some Koreans that live under the overpasss on some Troll type !@$% down by Dickerson Courts. dudes was shook to ride bikes under it.somebody dared people to ride under it, and they did attempt, but they only road halfway and turned back like @%*+ this!!
laugh.gif

also heard reports/slight verification(
eyes.gif
) about a half human/half dogsighted 'round Dickerson Courts also. my friends mom was tellin us about it. im stittin there listin how the genes/chromosomes and !@$% wouldnt match. butas yall know hood %%+!%# dont wanna hear all that scientific stuff. his aunt was like "yeah whatever that !@$% aint true" so my friends mom calls hermom and puts her on the phone to tell the story of what she seen over there. my friends aunt was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
. i dont know what was said on the phone but it made her a believer.

as if Dickerson Courts aint scary enough

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Just south of San Antonio, Texas, in an unremarkable neighborhood not far from the San Juan Mission is an intersection of roadway and railroad track that has become somewhat famous in the catalog of American ghost lore. The intersection, so the story goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot. And the curious from all over the country come to this section of railroad track to witness firsthand the paranormal phenomena they've heard takes place there.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The story - at least 20 years old - is the stuff of urban legend and its details vary from telling to telling, but this is essentially it:[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Back in the 1930s or 1940s, a school bus full of children was making its way down the road and toward the intersection when it stalled on the railroad tracks. A speeding train smashed into the bus, killing 10 of the children and the bus driver. Since that dreadful accident many years ago, any car stopped near the railroad tracks will be pushed by unseen hands across the tracks to safety. It is the spirits of the children, they say, who push the cars across the tracks to prevent a tragedy and fate like their own.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Even today, cars line up at the haunted intersection to see if the legend is true. The driver stops the cars some 20 to 30 yards from the tracks and puts the car in neutral gear. Some even turn off their engines. And sure enough, even though it appears that the road is on an upward grade, the car begins to roll. It rolls slowly first, then steadily gaining speed - seemingly of its own accord and against gravity - up and over the tracks. This has been tested time and time again, and cars really do roll up and over the tracks - every time.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]But that's not all. The second half of this legend is that if a light powder - like talcum or baby powder - is sprinkled over the car's trunk and rear bumper, tiny fingerprints and handprints will appear - the prints of the ghost children pushing the car. Many who have tried it swear that indeed they can see the evidence of small children's handprints in the powder.

[/font]
I've heard this story so many times.

well...my city (Detroit) is known for Devil's Night. People used to set the city on fire every October 30th, up until they really cracked down in the90's when they passed some Act in the city...

the was more than 800 acts of Arson around the Holloween of 1984, the embodiment of ignorance....

Originally Posted by daprescription

Fremont, Ca
Niles Canyon Road
A "White Witch" is said to appear trying to hitch a ride home. She supposedly died in a car crash on her Prom night back in the 1920's. When she is pick up, she gives the address where she would like to go. When the driver gets there, she is gone. The driver asks the people who reside if they know anything about it and is told that she is related to them, and has been dead for many years.

I've been to a lot of places, so I know a few, but here's a couple:

1. The "Brown Van" - Basically, it's a van that drives around the neighborhood that all the kids arescared of. Basically, the legend is that it used to be a van for kids that skipped school. It's supposed to take the kids to the police station. Then thelegend transformed into something else. Apparently, the van snatches kids and NEVER brings them back. When we were little, we used to play bball in the street.Somebody would be like "
eek.gif
there go the Brown Van!!!
eek.gif
" and everyone would scatter like roaches.

2. The "Bumpa Booty Buster" - Don't ask me how this one got started
laugh.gif
. It's a hobo that catcheskids off guard, pulls them into dark alleyways, then pumps them in the booty until they die.
roll.gif
I'm dead serious though. We used to be shook walkinpast dark streets and alleys.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Just south of San Antonio, Texas, in an unremarkable neighborhood not far from the San Juan Mission is an intersection of roadway and railroad track that has become somewhat famous in the catalog of American ghost lore. The intersection, so the story goes, was the site of a tragic accident in which several school-aged children were killed - but their ghosts linger at the spot. And the curious from all over the country come to this section of railroad track to witness firsthand the paranormal phenomena they've heard takes place there.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The story - at least 20 years old - is the stuff of urban legend and its details vary from telling to telling, but this is essentially it:[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Back in the 1930s or 1940s, a school bus full of children was making its way down the road and toward the intersection when it stalled on the railroad tracks. A speeding train smashed into the bus, killing 10 of the children and the bus driver. Since that dreadful accident many years ago, any car stopped near the railroad tracks will be pushed by unseen hands across the tracks to safety. It is the spirits of the children, they say, who push the cars across the tracks to prevent a tragedy and fate like their own.[/font]

[/font]
I've heard this story so many times.
I've seen this on Discovery channel or one of the likes, and they did it on a van, and it worked and had fingerprints on the back
eek.gif

[/font]

[/font]
We got one of those in San Diego. Basically the same story but at an intersection and the bus was hit by a semi or something. It's known asGravity Hill and it's off the 805 South, take the Mira Mesa Blvd/Sorrento Valley exit. I've tried it numerous times and it works. A lot of people arguethat it's just a gravitational/magnetic anomaly.

If you watch any of those "America's Most Haunted Houses/Places" you've heard of The Whaley House. It's also in San Diego and wheneverthey do a top 10 of most haunted places it is always like #1. Too much stuff happened there for me to mention so just google it..

Aint really no urban legend or nothing but these guys...
story.jpg

Ruined my Halloween and homecoming that year
indifferent.gif
, had the wholestate of Maryland and DC ducking and hiding whenever a white van drove by.

And these steps from the Exorcist are in Georgetown, real steep and hard to walk down unless you're gripping the rail.
sick.gif

275688086_e1c4192729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom