- Import Cars Vol. JDM -

wow, monday, that yellow s2000... ridiculous! carbon kevlar rear diffuser, hard top, ridiculous camber...
eek.gif

^Ahh, someone tell me what rims those are on the EM1 with the BYS front and the white EK, I was looking into those and then forgot what they werecalled
embarassed.gif

Also what were those 4 spoke rims on that Ej1 with the rusted hood called. I remember my cousin had them on his gsr but damn I forgot...

Edit: Nevermind, I just remembered - they're SSR type X's

anybody know where i can purchase a h22a euro- r transmission and all complete for a decent price ?? and for car heads will my car components function work ifi install it in my accord here in the us ????

matte black skyline
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-btw anyone know where on the web to look for color code paint? w/ example of the color...thanks

Originally Posted by fishinthesky

Originally Posted by jae oh en

i got some 3mm spacers from the advans i was running. i was hoping the works would clear with the 3mm, but they still just barely scape the face of the brakes. i'm ordering some 5mm spacers right now...

it sucks cuz they are the perfect offset and are completely flush with the fenders. my joints are going to be poking out now
laugh.gif
what offset are those works out of curiousity?
+38. on a IS300, that offset gives you a flush fit. it'll be +33 after i get my spacers on though..getting my fenders rolled next weekalso...should be fun : \

i saw a matte blacke GT-R EXACTLY like that. i ran into him a couple weeks ago. it's pretty sick. i always rev on super fast/exotic/super cars just to seeif theyll get mad and push their car a bit. i revved on the gt-R and didnt get a reaction
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LTMS206

is 300z a JDM?

IF SO whats good with some z's
no, they are known as Fairladys in Japan..JDM means Japan Domestic Market, only cars sold in japan essentially. About 99% of the cars posted orUSDM.

Are we talking about the Z31 or Z32 300z? The VG30DETT is an awesome car, and its N/A counterpart is a nice car aswell. They are just heavy imo.

if u cop a WRX, is it mandatory to get an STI?
no, and yes. Depends what you want. Some people buy the STI wing and made a "faux sti" then upgrade all sorts of stuff to get around thesame power levels. Ironically, if you get a turboback exhaust and tune, your car is up there with the STI. The only thing about the WRX's is the reallycrappy transmission.

Angel

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

NT help me find a good price on a s13 sr20

you want the car with an sr20 or just the sr20? Remeber, there are two versions of the sr20, the black top and redtop with the latter being the faster one.

Angel

Good luck with your search. I just bought an S13 hatch. I plan on doing an engine swap sometime soon, but I cant decide what I want to swap the motor with. I'm new to the sport, so I'm still learning a lot, but if someone could sway me in one direction or another, I'm listening...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Good luck with your search. I just bought an S13 hatch. I plan on doing an engine swap sometime soon, but I cant decide what I want to swap the motor with. I'm new to the sport, so I'm still learning a lot, but if someone could sway me in one direction or another, I'm listening...
The sr20 is the logical choice if you want a reliable car with some power. I think they get around 230hp for black top and 210hp for redtop. Thisruns around $4000-5000 depending on shop. If you want a straight drag monster, the logical choice is the rb26(or 25) from the skyline. Of course, thisrequires alot of work and the engine alone would cost double that of the sr20. Then factor in the transmision(which you will need), engine mounts and awholelot of fabrication probally around $7500-10,000 for the work. It comes down to your budget first, then what are your long term goals. Oh, and take this advicefrom me. Owning a JDM car is a pain in the ++% when it comes to parts. Since no one actually carries stuff, you have to order it abroad.

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

you want the car with an sr20 or just the sr20? Remeber, there are two versions of the sr20, the black top and redtop with the latter being the faster one.

Angel
red top since its a tad cheaper and I got a pignose, the single cam isnt enought lol.

I seen some good deals on nico but I dont feel comfortable buying a engine off a forum

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

The sr20 is the logical choice if you want a reliable car with some power. I think they get around 230hp for black top and 210hp for redtop. This runs around $4000-5000 depending on shop. If you want a straight drag monster, the logical choice is the rb26(or 25) from the skyline. Of course, this requires alot of work and the engine alone would cost double that of the sr20. Then factor in the transmision(which you will need), engine mounts and awhole lot of fabrication probally around $7500-10,000 for the work. It comes down to your budget first, then what are your long term goals. Oh, and take this advice from me. Owning a JDM car is a pain in the ++% when it comes to parts. Since no one actually carries stuff, you have to order it abroad.

Angel

Cool. That's basically what I've heard. RB's are more expensive, but have more power. I'm finding myself becoming more interested indrifting every day, so I think I'm leaning toward building a drifter. I'll probably end up doing a SR20 swap. Thanks for the advice! I'll keepNT posted on my project.

I would recommend the redtops because they are less likley to be as abused as the black tops. If i were to buy a used engine, I would still tear apart toinspect it. This gives you some options to work on internals, if you want to atleast. The thing with JDM engines is no one knows the actual history. They areseperated and shipped here, with little to no history of the car they came from. Regardless of where you buy it, its the same deal. Still illegal if theydon't pass emissions.

ATLien Seeko, the common DRIFT setup for the 240is the rb25. its cheaper, but around the same power and comes from a RWD car. Some bolt ons and engine managment and you'll be around 300hp... RB26 is moredrag oriented because of the vast options.

Angel

Back
Top Bottom