I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Well all I know is Michelle and Barack better watch there girls and keep a certain parenting style about them because the elite blacks in DC are unlike anything else.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
They may be alright at Sidwell Friends for a time but if they had gone to NCS it would be over before it even began.
They're already elitists.

NY Denim Seller = Mayor?

from what i've read old money don't like new people in they circle...the Obama's are def. new money and new people to an already well established social circle...

You can be an elitist no matter where you came from.

My kids will have more than what I did, but they will also have the work ethic instilled in them also. Really, I had a lot growing up in a middle class house.I will make sure my kids learn the value of work, saving and the power of a dollar. I won't spoil them to the point they think they are better than anyone.They will know how to hustle, and I'm not talking drugs or sex.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Well all I know is Michelle and Barack better watch there girls and keep a certain parenting style about them because the elite blacks in DC are unlike anything else.
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
They may be alright at Sidwell Friends for a time but if they had gone to NCS it would be over before it even began.
They're already elitists.

NY Denim Seller = Mayor?
from what i've read old money don't like new people in they circle...the Obama's are def. new money and new people to an already well established social circle...
They don't like that at all....but the Obama's symbolize a very uncomfortable change that they want in on now.
tired.gif

Many parents in the ghetto raise their children to the best of their ability but the environment is stronger and more influential.
roll.gif
roll.gif

id chime in on this topic but i dont have enough time . maybe tomorrow at work

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This thread is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen on NT. Just be a good parent and teach your kids good values.

You worship the "devil".

I rest my case.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh and before i go hueyP in LouieV i got a question for you , and i want you to answer this honestly :

you say that you feel like you have the best parents in the world and they did a great job raising you . do you feel like ifyour parents raised u the SAME way and taught you the same values and morals , but you lived in the burbs and went to a private school you would have ended upworse ?

Originally Posted by Prez T

oh and before i go hueyP in LouieV i got a question for you , and i want you to answer this honestly :

you say that you feel like you have the best parents in the world and they did a great job raising you . do you feel like if your parents raised u the SAME way and taught you the same values and morals , but you lived in the burbs and went to a private school you would have ended up worse ?

Exactly. This poor n logic sucks.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Some of you dudes are dumb as bricks.
They can't fathom certain things because they were never exposed to it.

Not every family in the hood is poor or violent or ignorant.

You can go to Bed-Stuy and walk into a West Indian families home and smell some of the most beautiful aromas in the world, see products that you have neverseen before, sit down with a father whose wrinkles and words tell of the years or hard work, exploitation and upstanding living. You can sit at their windowsand see kids slap boxing and crackheads roaming the street. You can see people smile tin the middle of trash and people with very little carry themselves likeroyalty.

You can go to a hood down south and hear stories passed down from generation to generation, unspoiled by the jadenesses of academia. See flowers growingthrough concrete and kids playing basketball on a milk crate, as if it were a thousand dollar hoop.

People as happy under the spray of a fire hydrant as those getting wet in a luxur jacuzzi.

How can you realistically know of those experiences without witnessing them firsthand?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

You can go to Bed-Stuy and walk into a West Indian families home and smell some of the most beautiful aromas in the world, see products that you have never seen before, sit down with a father whose wrinkles and words tell of the years or hard work, exploitation and upstanding living. You can sit at their windows and see kids slap boxing and crackheads roaming the street. You can see people smile tin the middle of trash and people with very little carry themselves like royalty.

You can go to a hood down south and hear stories passed down from generation to generation, unspoiled by the jadenesses of academia. See flowers growing through concrete and kids playing basketball on a milk crate, as if it were a thousand dollar hoop.

People as happy under the spray of a fire hydrant as those getting wet in a luxur jacuzzi.

How can you realistically know of those experiences without witnessing them firsthand?

They don't every time they post they make it known that they were not expose to the reality of it

You can go to Bed-Stuy and walk into a West Indian families home and smell some of the most beautiful aromas in the world, see products that you have never seen before, sit down with a father whose wrinkles and words tell of the years or hard work, exploitation and upstanding living. You can sit at their windows and see kids slap boxing and crackheads roaming the street. You can see people smile tin the middle of trash and people with very little carry themselves like royalty.

You can go to a hood down south and hear stories passed down from generation to generation, unspoiled by the jadenesses of academia. See flowers growing through concrete and kids playing basketball on a milk crate, as if it were a thousand dollar hoop.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Do you think those kids want to play ball on a milk crate. Even better question, do you think their parents want them playingbball on a milk crate? Yo, get serious, you are delusional as hell. Just because you like being poor doesn't mean everybody does. These are things poorpeople do because they can't afford to do more expensive things. You sound like u enjoyed the hood way too much.

why do you feel these are so necessary have a genuine, humble well rounded child?

playing in the hydrant and crate hoops? really?

This thread is one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen on NT. Just be a good parent and teach your kids good values.

You worship the "devil".

I rest my case.
You didn't prove anything by saying that though.

You worship the "devil".

I rest my case.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yea, this is the second dumbest thing you've said on this thread.

The first: "Assuming being hood is gonna instill decent values in your children"

Second: "Assuming religion or the lack thereof has anything to do with morality or being a decent human being"

I've been on NT long enough to explain my beliefs and I won't do it here, you're either late or were too dumb to understand the first time.

Originally Posted by Prez T

you say that you feel like you have the best parents in the world and they did a great job raising you . do you feel like if your parents raised u the SAME way and taught you the same values and morals , but you lived in the burbs and went to a private school you would have ended up worse ?
Oh...without a doubt.

I know I wouldv'e ended up being more arrogant, spoiled judgmental and individual.

Like I said parenting does so much...your environment does the rest.

I see the way these kids on NT and ISS freak out over material items. Everything is a "must cop"..word? Where you copping all these $150 sneakers at15/16?

My first pair of name brand sneakers were Ewings and I only got those after they went on clearance...but I treated them like they were the rarest Mikes andcouldn't be happier with them. As I got older, my parents bought me $100 Pippens and Air Maxes...but I had to work for it by remaining on the nationalhonor roll. Me seeing how ahrd my pops had to work to make that sacrifice gave me perspective...but to keep it real as I got older and my parents financialsituation got better...I became more jaded and more spoiled as far as materialism and it peaked during High School.

My younger siblings got the same parenting but growing up with more financially stable parents has made them different from me in certain ways.

So even the hood and good parenting couldn't save me from certain moral downfalls but i'm going to make sure to give my children the best grounding andthe most access to life experiences.

I'm spoiling my kids, I don't give a &&&&, their my kids.

My kids going to eat good. Unlike you starving animals.

Being in a struggle is a sign that God loves.
Cause being in a struggle teaches you how to survive.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I'm spoiling my kids, I don't give a &&&&, their my kids.

My kids going to eat good. Unlike you starving animals.

and one of those starving animals will beat out your kids in ...school....career....and LIFE you know why because that starving animal will be hungry and yourkid will be lazy thinking he or she will go through life with things handed to them

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Do you think those kids want to play ball on a milk crate. Even better question, do you think their parents want them playing bball on a milk crate? Yo, get serious, you are delusional as hell. Just because you like being poor doesn't mean everybody does. These are things poor people do because they can't afford to do more expensive things. You sound like u enjoyed the hood way too much.
They don't every time they post they make it known that they were not expose to the reality of it

^
Basically my dude.

Cratehoop > an Olympic hoop.

Son can't even fathom the feelings and experience of this lifestyle because its not of his reality. Making your own hoop, with your own hands and materialsand setting that hoop to the perfect height so that you can reverse dunk and claim crateball dominance in your hood....then being able to laugh at it and takesomething away from the experience is priceless.

Back
Top Bottom