I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Religions won't make your kids good people.

Raising your kids hood won't make them better people either.

I don't subscribe to any religions...so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

What in this post would make you think that I believe that solely raising your kids hood will make them better people? Y'all making up your own points and arguing with them. Some of this stuff is not even based on what I posted.

If I have 10 million in the bank at 35 and 2 children,....please believe they are spending the weekends with their family in the Stuy, they'll be going to one of the top rated public school programs in the city....not a private school, they will be going to Harlem Day and the Labor Day Parade, they will be taking the train and bus like everyone else, they will have a system of work reward that promotes accountability & hardwork and they will get enough much love, unerstanding and compassion to fill three lifetimes.
let's say your kid turns out to be an intelligent, ambitious kid, and the public schools aren't challenging him and he wants to go tocollegiate or dalton or whatever, what do you do? you sound like a dictator here- "my kid will go here, do this, etc." why not let the kid live?life teaches you much more than a parent ever will. and location of family aside, a weekend in bed stuy does not somehow make a kid better than if he spentthe weekend in southampton. good experiences can be had in any setting.

I get what ure gettin at OP, my daugther aint gon have all the riches and privileges of the well off. Me and my girl arguin about the first car she gon get.She talkin bout gettin her a 5-7 series Beamer and I keep sayin she aint have it. I'll help her buy her first car w/ a matchin system so whatever she savesfor it is what I'll match and we'll go from there.

I want her to understand that from me and her mother bustin our +#$ in school and what not is the reason we'd be wealthy. She won't get whatever shewant or do whatever she want like her mother and I experienced. I don't want her bein spoiled and what not then get out on her own and be shocked by thechange or become a Hilliary Banks.

It's sad to see grown +#$ men in college
smh.gif
don't know how to wash clothes. Girls get pissy drunk and don't care about %%%%#% ***! up b/c mommy anddaddy will replace it.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Originally Posted by ninjahood

http://www.thelifefiles.c...uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg src="http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg">

"Id do good %%%+ like take kids from the ghetto

Show them what they could have if they never settle

Take every white kid from high class level

Show em what christmas like growin up in the ghetto"
pimp.gif

Lol we already know where you stand on the topic. This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
to be 100% honest, nah i ain't ever leavin da hood i love my culture and love being around my dominican people and let's just say i'm weeeell off finanically then i let on NT,

cuz at da end of da day you don't talk about what u got..you show it be prospering & succeeding around people who are failing.....my problem with people claiming something

is wrong with da hood in da first place. i prefer my life 100% unfiltered....that way when i conduct myself in da suburbs da aura and swag speaks for itself...i done seen plenty

in my life and i wouldn't trade it to be snobbed up in a gated community. that way of life is a facade for da silver spooners or da mamory gland suckers....

My kids are growing up just da way i did, instill some CORE values in them and show em that your skin and blood already put you at a disadvantage, don't pick up a shovel

and HELP them bury you...be a FIGHTER, make sure you WANT IT MORE then da next person. and they gonna be blood thirsty animals in whateva they put they mind to

whether its school, sports, books, etc. giving to em all makes em super spolied and out of touch with life's realities.

laugh.gif
There they go, passing judgement on us again...like we lazy and undriven ppl..where do they come up with this stuff?

psssh i don't care who you are..ain't no middle class born kid gonna grind and hustle HARDER then a kid that comes from a home thatsee's devastation and dismay on a daily

basis and never had nuffin.some of da smartest people on earth never even seen a class room and are self made millionaires.....

my cousin makes close to 100K a year...his parents came from humble beginnings and because of that and wanting to provide for himself he grinded and nowhe's good...

and son STILL lives in da depths of harlem.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

How will they have a middle class lifestyle, but be hood?

Just because you go to hood places, and public school does not make you hood
laugh.gif

Y'all don't get it.

Hood is a mentality as well as a location.

Jay-Z is hood but he ain't in the hood.

Jadakiss grew up in a middle class family and levitated to the hood....he's certainly hood.

I have partners whose parents are politicians in NYC and they are hood as hell.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Religions won't make your kids good people.

Raising your kids hood won't make them better people either.

I don't subscribe to any religions...so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

What in this post would make you think that I believe that solely raising your kids hood will make them better people? Y'all making up your own points and arguing with them. Some of this stuff is not even based on what I posted.

If I have 10 million in the bank at 35 and 2 children,....please believe they are spending the weekends with their family in the Stuy, they'll be going to one of the top rated public school programs in the city....not a private school, they will be going to Harlem Day and the Labor Day Parade, they will be taking the train and bus like everyone else, they will have a system of work reward that promotes accountability & hardwork and they will get enough much love, unerstanding and compassion to fill three lifetimes.
I keep bringing the religion thing up because Huey V whatever keeps responding with "You worship the devil, your opinion doesn't matter.Not in those words. I wasn't even responding to you at first those responses were for Huey, i copied an pasted them a second time hoping we would finallyget the point.

The synopsis of what I'm tryna say in this thread....

Affluent or hood, nothing is gonna guarantee how your kids turn out. There are terrible, lazy, poor people who don't even "appreciate where they camefrom or stay true to themselves when/if they finally make it. In the same token there are spoiled rich kids who don't know the value of hard work but Ialso know rich kids I went to school with who worked their butts off to make a name for themselves regardless of their parent's wealth.

It comes down to parenting and leading by example, that's all I'm trying to say. Maybe Huey needs to explicitly give me a definition of hood, becauseif it's the "hood" I'm thinking of. I don't see how any good can come out of it.

Somehow I jumped from arguing with Huey to arguing with you? Are you the same person?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Y'all don't get it.

Jadakiss grew up in a middle class family and levitated to the hood....he's certainly hood.

Oh you talking about friends like mine who have rich parents but stay on the North Side (RSD knows what I am talking)....PASS.
You consider cats like Common and Dave Chapelle hood? .....Cuz I don't.

If hood is a state of mind as well as a place, what do they need to be in the hood for then?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

"Pressure can bust pipes...pressure can also make a diamond"

If you are rich, will your children be born with the proverbial silver spoon in their mouth?
NO.

Two of my very close friends coming from VERY VERY wealthy families (as in, one of them has their own chopper type wealth), but they're both very down to ear, both very driven, both hard working, stay away from things that could harm them or their career.

And that comes from good parenting, not from money.
x2. The richest kids I know are also the humblest, most inviting, down-to-earth, non-judgmental folks I know.

http://www.thelifefiles.c...uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg src="http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg">

pimp.gif

Lol we already know where you stand on the topic. This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
to be 100% honest, nah i ain't ever leavin da hood i love my culture and love being around my dominican people and let's just say i'm weeeell off finanically then i let on NT,

cuz at da end of da day you don't talk about what u got..you show it be prospering & succeeding around people who are failing.....my problem with people claiming something

is wrong with da hood in da first place. i prefer my life 100% unfiltered....that way when i conduct myself in da suburbs da aura and swag speaks for itself...i done seen plenty

in my life and i wouldn't trade it to be snobbed up in a gated community. that way of life is a facade for da silver spooners or da mamory gland suckers....

My kids are growing up just da way i did, instill some CORE values in them and show em that your skin and blood already put you at a disadvantage, don't pick up a shovel

and HELP them bury you...be a FIGHTER, make sure you WANT IT MORE then da next person. and they gonna be blood thirsty animals in whateva they put they mind to

whether its school, sports, books, etc. giving to em all makes em super spolied and out of touch with life's realities.

laugh.gif
There they go, passing judgement on us again...like we lazy and undriven ppl..where do they come up with this stuff?
psssh i don't care who you are..ain't no middle class born kid gonna grind and hustle HARDER then a kid that comes from a home that see's devastation and dismay on a daily

basis and never had nuffin.some of da smartest people on earth never even seen a class room and are self made millionaires.....

my cousin makes close to 100K a year...his parents came from humble beginnings and because of that and wanting to provide for himself he grinded and now he's good...

bro no offense but 100k is not a lot, and how the hell are you gonna say "depths of harlem" like it isn't a middle-class,gentrified-to-hell neighborhood these days?

work ethic and wealth are not mutually exclusive, please don't try to argue otherwise. and you seem to be acting like the only attribute worth anything isthe drive for money.

"Pressure can bust pipes...pressure can also make a diamond"

Love this quote.

I agree with the OP, however, raising your children in the "ghetto" and expecting them to gain the same values and experiences you did just won'thappen.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
psssh i don't care who you are..ain't no middle class born kid gonna grind and hustle HARDER then a kid that comes from a home that see's devastation and dismay on a daily

my cousin makes close to 100K a year...his parents came from humble beginnings and because of that and wanting to provide for himself he grinded and now he's good...

That maybe true, but that doesn't mean we don't be on the grind. We have a differnt type of motivation, not letting the family down. My father is adoctor, and i'll be damned if I'm not as successful or more successful than him when its all said and done. That is the goal.

laugh.gif
You're a clown.

You are the one making the most insulting and outlandish statements in this thread and then running behind a victim role talking about people passing judgmenton you.

!*+%.

I'm guessing the whole point of this was that, he's not going have his children be spoiled. They're going to work hard and they have to earn thingsif they want it. Also, they need to know that world is not full of rich people and that there are people that aren't in their situation.

laugh.gif
You're a clown.

You are the one making the most insulting and outlandish statements in this thread and then running behind a victim role talking about people passing judgment on you.

!*+%.

You gonna move your pops out the hood?

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

bro no offense but 100k is not a lot,

laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States

Of course, the answer to your question depends on whether you are looking for "individual income" or "household" income. This final Wikipedia article suggests that 5.63% of individual Americans made more than $100,000 in 2005.

and compound da fact that my cousin is a Dominican...... im sorry we not cakin like ya silver spooners
laugh.gif
grin.gif

That maybe true, but that doesn't mean we don't be on the grind. We have a differnt type of motivation, not letting the family down. My father is a doctor, and i'll be damned if I'm not as successful or more successful than him when its all said and done. That is the goal.

very true

laugh.gif

Y'all don't get it.

Oh you talking about friends like mine who have rich parents but stay on the North Side (RSD knows what I am talking)....PASS.
You consider cats like Common and Dave Chapelle hood? .....Cuz I don't.

If hood is a state of mind as well as a place, what do they need to be in the hood for then?
War is a state of mind and can also be found at certain locations on a map but to truly understand the mindframe of war...don't you have to bein one?

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

bro no offense but 100k is not a lot,
laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States

Of course, the answer to your question depends on whether you are looking for "individual income" or "household" income. This final Wikipedia article suggests that 5.63% of individual Americans made more than $100,000 in 2005.

and compound da fact that my cousin is a Dominican...... im sorry we not cakin like ya silver spooners
laugh.gif
grin.gif

grin.gif

sorry no. $100,000 is not a lot, especially after taxes, in manhattan, which, last i checked, is where harlem is. national avg should be compared with thenational cost of living, which is significantly lower than that of manhattan's.

you're not gonna be living UES, UWS, etc. thats my point....your cousin is not living in some place where he's outdoingeveryone/"shouldn't" be living, which is what your post made it seem like. and way to ignore the rest of my post. i was in no way trying tpinsuly or belittle him.

p.s. way to bring race into it. not every dominican lived in a broom closet in washington heights. no need to drag them all down with you.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

so going to public school, a couple parades a year and taking the subway = hood ???

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is why I asked Beautiful Haze what exactly his definition of "hood" was.

There's a better way to make sure you kids don't turn out spoiled, don't spoil them. I know Ben Carson's son and he's one of the mostfrugal people I know because his parents didn't spoil him. Although Ben Carson is wealthy he was able to raise 3 hard-working and ambitious sons. Justexercise good judgment as a wealthy parent, learn when to say no and don't spoil them. Raising your kids "hood" is a bit extreme imo.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

laugh.gif
You're a clown.

You are the one making the most insulting and outlandish statements in this thread and then running behind a victim role talking about people passing judgment on you.

!*+%.
You're a clown, you're defending your alternate sn
nerd.gif
I guess business is slow in Syracuse and moving across the streets from your parent's loft couldn't have helped your "rich" ego
indifferent.gif
Blah, blah, blah, blah...you and Mdresident sound real feminine with all of these personal attacks.

Parent's loft and getting rich off of Syracuse?....you're just babbling....I don't even know about what.

laugh.gif
You're a clown.

!*+%.
nerd.gif
I guess business is slow in Syracuse and moving across the streets from your parent's loft couldn't have helped your "rich" ego
indifferent.gif
Blah, blah, blah, blah...you and Mdresident sound real feminine with all of these personal attacks.

Parent's loft and getting rich off of Syracuse?....you're just babbling....I don't even know about what.

why don't u just stay in the hood, we don't want u in our plush suburbs and gated communities. Go cop ur dad some Lebrons, u owe it to him.

laugh.gif
You're a clown.

!*+%.
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom