I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Mangudai954 wrote:

Being that I was as well im always curious to hear what others have to say about their experience.

It was cool for the most part...at one point my lil brother was the only black kid riding the bus for like two years
laugh.gif
I never had a problem talking to anyone so I was friends with everyone. I could have named all the black kids in 8th when I was in 8th grade. Of course most of them came from a school that had closed down. As I got older tho me and my non black friends drifted apart. I don't really talk to any of them any more but of course that has lil to do with race. In our HS the white kids ate on the second floor cafe and 'everyone else' ate downstairs. Why I dont know just the way it was. There were very little race problems at our school but it was very segregated looking back.

Would you care to share your experiences sir?

It was pretty humble, being one of the few black kids in the neighborhood I witnessed a lot of ignorance and often found myself being "the black guy"and would get weird questions every now and then. It was cool though, I had a little crew and we'd rip and run around doing stupid $$+* chasing !%! likekids our age did. Most of the white kids when I was really young didn't have a real perception of black kids (or black people for that matter) so some ofthem would feel they had to treat me different or were scared of me. It wasn't bad for the most part but I did experience racism(mostly from white girls)that would actually get upset if someone brought me around because I dressed "ghetto" but you already know what that really means. Having the copscalled on me by people ON my street saying I look like I don't belong around there or cops bsing saying I match some sort of description and asking me ifim selling green. People screaming __ from their cars etc
smh.gif
The high school I went to though was a melting pot, you had your rich kids from places like hawkslanding going there and then you had kids coming in from the city from places like melrose or sunland and people really got along. The biggest jock was coolwith the weird geeky kid and he was cool with the kid who was know for selling rocks etc.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

You are an idiot, you obviously never even stepped foot in the hood. Have u been to a city like dc, or bmore. That stuff is disgusting dog, i don't know what kind of hoods they have where you are from, but its really grimey out here. (well obviously not in my neck of the woods)

Dude , you are so clueless . Look at my screenname ! I'm from CHICAGO , a city with one of the highest death rates in the US .

Stepped foot in the hood ? I LIVE in the hood . You're just making yourself look more dumb .

lol righhhhhhhhht..i'm the dumb one. Care to elaborate on why i have the hood Skewed?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

OP has a good point.

A person who has never witnessed or seen the hard life can never understand how it truly is.
No one has answered why you have to witness these things to be a humble, genuine, well rounded person.

I might be wrong but

If a person hasn't witnessed the struggle or just have a small taste of what others live through they could never truly understand the other side. Thereality of your child will never be the same as yours but one can hope to teach hem and maybe show them were you came from.

It is really difficult to make your child go through the same things you went. I guess a person can only TELL them what it was like, because I am sure if theparent has the money the last thing they want for their children is to pass through the turmoils they went through growing up.

Many factors contribute to a well rounded person and exposing them to the things that could be is just a small part inmaking a "well rounded person". Parenting is what truly defined the child's character in the end

what good would all the experience be if the parent just sits back and waits for another similar story to unfold. If the parent wants to expose them to thehood... then they should be vary weary of what exactly they witness..... cause the hood can eat anyone up/

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

It was pretty humble, being one of the few black kids in the neighborhood I witnessed a lot of ignorance and often found myself being "the black guy" and would get weird questions every now and then. It was cool though, I had a little crew and we'd rip and run around doing stupid @+%$ chasing $#+ like kids our age did. Most of the white kids when I was really young didn't have a real perception of black kids (or black people for that matter) so some of them would feel they had to treat me different or were scared of me. It wasn't bad for the most part but I did experience racism(mostly from white girls) that would actually get upset if someone brought me around because I dressed "ghetto" but you already know what that really means. Having the cops called on me by people ON my street saying I look like I don't belong around there or cops bsing saying I match some sort of description and asking me if im selling green. People screaming __ from their cars etc
smh.gif
The high school I went to though was a melting pot, you had your rich kids from places like hawks landing going there and then you had kids coming in from the city from places like melrose or sunland and people really got along. The biggest jock was cool with the weird geeky kid and he was cool with the kid who was know for selling rocks etc.

i feel you...my FIRST day at school (5th grade) in the states a girl called me the n word...i was ready to knock her +*% out all the way up tograduation...i def. got the stupid hair and church questions but they really didn't know better so i didn't get too upset

Son, the same genuineness that comes from being "hood," won't exist in the terms your talking if you are rich. If your child is growing up ina financially stable tax bracket, they aren't going to be hood period. My father came from the projects in the Bronx, but I have grown blessed because ofmy father's been able to be successfull.

As a child who has never really had to care about money his whole life for the most part, why would it would be impossible to really know what hood is became Ihave the stability of my parents.

And for the record, none of my friends even come from remotly as affluent situations as I do, but for me to really pertend like I know what it is like to haveto survive on Ramen for weeks like some of my friends have it's not going to happen.

You want to them to empathize for the with the hood but you don't want your child to be hood.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by kidposite

roll.gif
@ you people saying that only the "hood" has diversity
laugh.gif
I'm convinced most people in this thread including OP don't know what the "hood" is. If you did you wouldn't wish it on anyone much less your children. Stupidity.

You don't know what "hood" is or you wouldn't have attached "the" in front of it.

And again...you are a "devil" worshiper.

The height of stupidity.

"hood" the adjective and "the hood", the noun or place carry the same essence.

and about the devil thing...learn how to read or just in case you missed my first response.

Yea, this is the second dumbest thing you've said on this thread.

The first: "Assuming being hood is gonna instill decent values in your children"

Second: "Assuming religion or the lack thereof has anything to do with morality or being a decent human being"

I've been on NT long enough to explain my beliefs and I won't do it here, you're either late or were too dumb to understand the first time.

I heard you little spiel about your infatuation with the principles of LeVayan Satanism but you're a moron if you think that any sole religion has a monopoly of those tenets.

You hate religion so much that you adopt satanism...another religion.
1. I don't hate religion.....I hate the hypocrisy of it and the damage it does.

2. LaVeyan Satanism is technically not a religion although Lavey claims it is. I don't have a deity. I thought I was already passed this. I am a glorifiedatheist, I am not a Theistic satanist, google is your friend. READ!!

Let's stick to the topic at hand.....him coming at me on some "you're a devil worshipper $$% is weak" and has nothing to do with anything. Ithink you're smart enough to know why by now.

Religions won't make your kids good people.

Raising your kids hood won't make them better people either.

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
He can't leave. He literally can't leave because he's stuck in that little %*# room with no room to move.

roll.gif

These jokes have been going on for 4+ years ... y'all dudes are stupid .
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
He can't leave. He literally can't leave because he's stuck in that little %*# room with no room to move.

roll.gif
I always wanted to know how he got internet access in that hole..dead!@*, how he post on nt? library? I know verizon and comcast dont service his cave.

I don't want my kids to experience all the pain and hardships of the hood I grew up in(although sac isn't even hood.) But I plan on teaching my kidsrespect, understanding, modesty, humbleness and all the good stuff by spending time with them and being a good parent. Also talking to them, even littleconversations can help a kid grow up and be understanding of everything. Teaching them to become open minded is possible without taking them into the hood.

How will they have a middle class lifestyle, but be hood?

Just because you go to hood places, and public school does not make you hood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
hi .

this is the dumbest idea in the world.

if you have it why not show them the bright said of life. learning experience my $## and stupid stereotypes. yes all peopple with money are rich snobbydouchebags, including yourself apparently
indifferent.gif

they dont need to be born with a silver spoon just because you have money and they also don't need to be in or around the ghetto to get perspective onlife.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Originally Posted by ninjahood

http://www.thelifefiles.c...uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg src="http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg">

"Id do good %%%+ like take kids from the ghetto

Show them what they could have if they never settle

Take every white kid from high class level

Show em what christmas like growin up in the ghetto"
pimp.gif

Lol we already know where you stand on the topic. This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
to be 100% honest, nah i ain't ever leavin da hood i love my culture and love being around my dominican people and let's just say i'mweeeell off finanically then i let on NT,

cuz at da end of da day you don't talk about what u got..you show it be prospering & succeeding around people who are failing.....my problem withpeople claiming something

is wrong with da hood in da first place. i prefer my life 100% unfiltered....that way when i conduct myself in da suburbs da aura and swag speaks foritself...i done seen plenty

in my life and i wouldn't trade it to be snobbed up in a gated community. that way of life is a facade for da silver spooners or da mamory glandsuckers....

My kids are growing up just da way i did, instill some CORE values in them and show em that your skin and blood already put you at a disadvantage, don'tpick up a shovel

and HELP them bury you...be a FIGHTER, make sure you WANT IT MORE then da next person. and they gonna be blood thirsty animals in whateva they put they mind to

whether its school, sports, books, etc. giving to em all makes em super spolied and out of touch with life's realities.

QFT. makes no sense to me...if they live a middle class lifestyle, they'll be...middle class...

i think OP is skewing hood.

Religions won't make your kids good people.

Raising your kids hood won't make them better people either.

I don't subscribe to any religions...so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

What in this post would make you think that I believe that solely raising your kids hood will make them better people? Y'all making up your own points andarguing with them. Some of this stuff is not even based on what I posted.

If I have 10 million in the bank at 35 and 2 children,....please believe they are spending the weekends with their family in the Stuy, they'll be going toone of the top rated public school programs in the city....not a private school, they will be going to Harlem Day and the Labor Day Parade, they will be takingthe train and bus like everyone else, they will have a system of work reward that promotes accountability & hardwork and they will get enough much love,unerstanding and compassion to fill three lifetimes.

laugh.gif
hi .

laugh.gif
I be in the "hood" all the time, and went to public school for most of my life, yet I would NEVER classify myself as hood. I was born in thehoodest of hoods "North Philly" where I wouldn't be caught dead walking there after 8. However, I was raised in the Midwest where raising afamily was WAY more logical, I mean why would I send my kids to be around that?...Makes no sense, but hey it's his life, and his kids.

I have a 4 month old sister, and best believe she is going to private school, and will be the farthest from hood I can imagine.

Originally Posted by mdresident

http://www.thelifefiles.c...uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg src="http://www.thelifefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/mase.jpg">

"Id do good %%%+ like take kids from the ghetto

Show them what they could have if they never settle

Take every white kid from high class level

Show em what christmas like growin up in the ghetto"
pimp.gif

Lol we already know where you stand on the topic. This n LOVE the hood and he ain't never leavin.
to be 100% honest, nah i ain't ever leavin da hood i love my culture and love being around my dominican people and let's just say i'm weeeell off finanically then i let on NT,

cuz at da end of da day you don't talk about what u got..you show it be prospering & succeeding around people who are failing.....my problem with people claiming something

is wrong with da hood in da first place. i prefer my life 100% unfiltered....that way when i conduct myself in da suburbs da aura and swag speaks for itself...i done seen plenty

in my life and i wouldn't trade it to be snobbed up in a gated community. that way of life is a facade for da silver spooners or da mamory gland suckers....

My kids are growing up just da way i did, instill some CORE values in them and show em that your skin and blood already put you at a disadvantage, don't pick up a shovel

and HELP them bury you...be a FIGHTER, make sure you WANT IT MORE then da next person. and they gonna be blood thirsty animals in whateva they put they mind to

whether its school, sports, books, etc. giving to em all makes em super spolied and out of touch with life's realities.

laugh.gif
There they go, passing judgement on us again...like we lazy andundriven ppl..where do they come up with this stuff?

laugh.gif
hi .

laugh.gif
I be in the "hood" all the time, and went to public school for most of my life, yet I would NEVER classify myself as hood. I was born in the hoodest of hoods "North Philly" where I wouldn't be caught dead walking there after 8. However, I was raised in the Midwest where raising a family was WAY more logical, I mean why would I send my kids to be around that?...Makes no sense, but hey it's his life, and his kids.

I have a 4 month old sister, and best believe she is going to private school, and will be the farthest from hood I can imagine.
Huh ?

I'm just saying hi foo .
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
hi .

laugh.gif
I be in the "hood" all the time, and went to public school for most of my life, yet I would NEVER classify myself as hood. I was born in the hoodest of hoods "North Philly" where I wouldn't be caught dead walking there after 8. However, I was raised in the Midwest where raising a family was WAY more logical, I mean why would I send my kids to be around that?...Makes no sense, but hey it's his life, and his kids.

Huh ?

I'm just saying hi foo .
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Hi Kneesh
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom