I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Guaranteed that 80% of the people in this thread have never lived in a "hood" .

Y'all making it sound like the inner city areas are the worst places to live ... nah , they're the best places to learn .

They teach diversity . Not being exposed to these areas can lead to ignorance of what is actually going on (which I can see in this thread) .

smh.gif

i wonder if anybody takes anything you say serious.

yeah, he's an idiot...and obviously knows less than anybody about the "inner city."

actually, he's a 16(i think) year old girl that thinks she knows everything about life. when 80% of the time she posts she doesn't make sense or istalking out of her *#%.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

so what does "upper-class" mean to you then? i guess i'm "picking on your words" because i like to know what people mean, how silly of me. considering how the phrase is most commonly used and that this thread seems centered around socioeconomics, it's not exactly strange that i and most others would think you were referring to economic status.

I'm not going to address the other part because I'm not trying to get in a petty back and forth...but why would I "abhor" having cash and saythat I plan on being rich in the same statement?

Use a little bit of gray matter.

The character and moral value of a spoiled upperclass upbringing is what I have spoken out against and promised to keep my children away from.

Some of y'all are dense.

He's not serious with this thread, he just wanted to see what you guys would say.

If you cared about your children you would want them out of the hood at any cost.
smh.gif

My kids aren't going to grow up in the hood.

If it wasn't clear enough, let em try to simply it.

"Hood", "ghetto", elite", etc. are more than just locations or descriptions of a persons level of wealth. They are mind states. Mychildren will be well cared for and provided for but they will have experience being around family, friends, locations and events that exemplify the essence ofa "hood" upbringing.

There are upper-middle class families that chose to live in the "hood" for their own reasons. You know the kid that always has the newest jordans andclothes in a school full of students who live in the projects...Except I am not going to have my children in the hood 24/7 as their home, they will attend thebest public schools in their district, I will not spoil my kids or myself with unnecessary extravagance by living in a mansion in the sticks and I will makesure that they remain grounded by gaining an authentic experience with the best of "the other side of the tracks".

Y'all making it sound like the inner city areas are the worst places to live ... nah , they're the best places to learn .

They teach diversity . Not being exposed to these areas can lead to ignorance of what is actually going on (which I can see in this thread) .

smh.gif

there's a difference between exposing your children to something, and choosing to raise your children in an environment that is nothing less than poison.

if your neighborhood is "a good place to teach" then it's not as hood as you think it is.

no rational person who has grown up in poverty in an inner city would ever choose to force that life on their children if they could help it.

to say otherwise is stupidity.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

smh.gif

you can have diversity w/ being in the hood tho...just ask most military kids...again...you don't have to walk by bums and whatever everyday to be aware of problems going on outside your own neighborhoods...
eyes.gif
i'd say cities in general have a great deal of diversity, not only "hoods."

unless "diversity" is a code word for blacks and hispanics.
smh.gif

seriously i'd say middle-class urban neighborhoods have much more diversity than the poorest ones, which seem to be largely racially divided.

I overstand what you're saying. But I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about what you're saying. It makes sense. I've thought aboutthis a lot growing up and I agree with it. I'd want to send my kids to South Carolina and Brooklyn during the summers to experience their culture(Gullah)and also to interact with completely different classes of people. Pretty much everything I'd say has been said by Antigen. But I also understand the trainof thought that you can raise a child to be well rounded and not have them in the hood for certain periods of time. It seems to me that you liked the way youwere raised and its worked well for you so you wish your children to experience the same. If anything, I think that's great and it make total sense. If itwasnt for me hanging out in hoods when I was younger, my father, and older brother who was Godbody instilling certain things in me at a young age I thinki'd be a completely different person. For the worse? I dont know but I wouldnt be in tune to certain things. I think we're going to see what happenswhen you arent exposed to these things when the depression really hits.

All jokes aside Kneesh, I think you talk sometimes just to talk. Like that little kid in the hall who would always butt into your conversation back in school.

Why don't you make them do things like community service that will expose them to that sort of environment without doing any harm. I understand whatyou're saying, you just worded it horribly.

smh.gif

you can have diversity w/ being in the hood tho...just ask most military kids...again...you don't have to walk by bums and whatever everyday to be aware of problems going on outside your own neighborhoods...
eyes.gif

smh.gif

seriously i'd say middle-class urban neighborhoods have much more diversity than the poorest ones, which seem to be largely racially divided.

it probably is...thats part of my def. since i'm black living in a majority white area...

not everybody can handle "the hood" as good as others. what worked for him doesn't mean it'll work for his kids.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I overstand what you're saying. But I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about what you're saying. It makes sense. I've thought about this a lot growing up and I agree with it. I'd want to send my kids to South Carolina and Brooklyn during the summers to experience their culture(Gullah) and also to interact with completely different classes of people. Pretty much everything I'd say has been said by Antigen. But I also understand the train of thought that you can raise a child to be well rounded and not have them in the hood for certain periods of time. It seems to me that you liked the way you were raised and its worked well for you so you wish your children to experience the same. If anything, I think that's great and it make total sense. If it wasnt for me hanging out in hoods when I was younger, my father, and older brother who was Godbody instilling certain things in me at a young age I think i'd be a completely different person. For the worse? I dont know but I wouldnt be in tune to certain things. I think we're going to see what happens when you arent exposed to these things when the depression really hits.

All jokes aside Kneesh, I think you talk sometimes just to talk. Like that little kid in the hall who would always butt into your conversation back in school.

agreed

smh.gif

eyes.gif

smh.gif

it probably is...thats part of my def. since i'm black living in a majority white area...

Were you raised there?

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Back on topic:

How are you choosing to be upper-class? By "coming into money" or however you put it. You quickly stereotype a group of millions with only one comon attribute, yet you yourself are going to be one of them shortly. What makes you different? What makes you fit to stereotype such a large group AND exempt yourself from your judgement? Ridiculous.
Class is not defined purely by the amount of cash you have amassed.

I am voluntarily foregoing the pursuit of that status to pursue a life more fitting to my moral base.

I could care less about being rich. I would rather live off the land than in a Mansion but to help make some tangible change on certain fronts you need money.
Always trying to play with definitions and weasel your way out of what you said earlier.

So by "upper-class" you were not trying to describe people of a certain economic status?

...you are too much. Please.

Upper-class can refer to your financial wealth, persona/ideology or social status. Just like "ghetto" or poor.

Money is not the sole component of class.

If you stopped harping on my every word and critiquing my every post....you wouldn't make that kind of stupid assumption.
You continuously sound dumb. So now you don't care about being "rich" yet you felt the need to include the fact you'll be rich off a loft in Syracuse in your OP?
laugh.gif
Upper class is based on money and money alone, I agree that a poor family from anywhere USA can have more class than the guy 15 miles away in the gated community, however you would be a complete @$+$%!% to think that "social class" isn't based on the amount of money you have or pretend to have.
nerd.gif
And speaking of "stupid assumptions" revisit your original post and every subsequent post since then.

Wow.

And y'all are gigging on Public school...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In societies where classes exist, one's class is determined largely by:

Chill out on the reply button for a minute fam.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

smh.gif

there's a difference between exposing your children to something, and choosing to raise your children in an environment that is nothing less than poison.

if your neighborhood is "a good place to teach" then it's not as hood as you think it is.

no rational person who has grown up in poverty in an inner city would ever choose to force that life on their children if they could help it.

to say otherwise is stupidity.
This is what you guys aren't getting .

He said he was going to expose his kids , not make them live .

Originally Posted by kidposite

roll.gif
@ you people saying that only the "hood" has diversity
laugh.gif
I'm convinced most people in thisthread including OP don't know what the "hood" is. If you did you wouldn't wish it on anyone much less your children. Stupidity.

i don't exactly agree with the stick them in the ghetto talk...

but i will make my children work for what they want.

if i'm doing well financially, i will NOT spoil my children and give them whatever they want.

i want my children to be respected by their peers, and spoiling them will not do that...

smh.gif

eyes.gif

smh.gif

Were you raised there?

yeah...even overseas my parents chose to live off base so we live with a bunch of white germans
laugh.gif
it was fun tho...

why?

How exactly do you plan on getting the message "we have money, but for the sake of your upbringing, our family will not put that great of an emphasis onthat fact" accross to your kids?

Are you essentially going to "tone it down" when it comes to things like houses, cars, etc?

why are people still saying that he is stupid for wanting to raise his kids in the hood...he does not want to his kids to live in the hood, he just want themto see that there are two sides of the fence and he wants his kids to experience both

Originally Posted by LLC Money

smh.gif
Being solely exposed to those areas obviously leads to the same ignorance
smh.gif
Thus we have you posting.

OP is so quick to back peddle out of a legitimate argument
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
I'm done with this thread, clearly this little girl just wanted the attention and to get off to the fact that he had a thread go 10 pages
indifferent.gif
Keep winning at life sir.
laugh.gif

Remember that our President came from the same area I live in ...

& I'm also doing well for myself academically , so I really don't care what "LLC Money" thinks about me ... clown .

why are people still saying that he is stupid for wanting to raise his kids in the hood...he does not want to his kids to live in the hood, he just want them to see that there are two sides of the fence and he wants his kids to experience both

Thank you Keith ... they just don't get it .

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by kidposite

roll.gif
@ you people saying that only the "hood" has diversity
laugh.gif
I'm convinced most people in this thread including OP don't know what the "hood" is. If you did you wouldn't wish it on anyone much less your children. Stupidity.

You don't know what "hood" is or you wouldn't have attached "the" in front of it.

And again...you are a "devil" worshiper.

The height of stupidity.

smh.gif

eyes.gif

smh.gif

Were you raised there?

yeah...even overseas my parents chose to live off base so we live with a bunch of white germans
laugh.gif
it was fun tho...

why?

Being that I was as well im always curious to hear what others have to say about their experience.

My kids aren't going to grow up in the hood.

If it wasn't clear enough, let em try to simply it.

"Hood", "ghetto", elite", etc. are more than just locations or descriptions of a persons level of wealth. They are mind states. My children will be well cared for and provided for but they will have experience being around family, friends, locations and events that exemplify the essence of a "hood" upbringing.

There are upper-middle class families that chose to live in the "hood" for their own reasons. You know the kid that always has the newest jordans and clothes in a school full of students who live in the projects...Except I am not going to have my children in the hood 24/7 as their home, they will attend the best public schools in their district, I will not spoil my kids or myself with unnecessary extravagance by living in a mansion in the sticks and I will make sure that they remain grounded by gaining an authentic experience with the best of "the other side of the tracks".
*blinks*

See you think you can control that kind of environment but you can't. You are just a provider. Your kids will do what they please in the end and make thereown choices.

Back
Top Bottom