I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood.

markey_mark_wtf.gif

Go back to geting sonned in your own thread about "black enlightenment" and then telling everyone to "ignore user" rather than coming up with a halfway decent argument to back up your views.

I'm on his jock but he remember minor details like this, when I can't even remember his SN.
laugh.gif

OK champ.

You follow me around like Bubbles did Micheal. Theres a thread right on the first page where you edited your post to throw some hate in my direction, when Iwasn't even addressing you.

And the reason that I said that is because people were purposely trolling/spamming and attempting to derail the discussion. There were a lot of opposingviewpoints in that thread.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Back on topic:

How are you choosing to be upper-class? By "coming into money" or however you put it. You quickly stereotype a group of millions with only one comon attribute, yet you yourself are going to be one of them shortly. What makes you different? What makes you fit to stereotype such a large group AND exempt yourself from your judgement? Ridiculous.
Class is not defined purely by the amount of cash you have amassed.

I am voluntarily foregoing the pursuit of that status to pursue a life more fitting to my moral base.

I could care less about being rich. I would rather live off the land than in a Mansion but to help make some tangible change on certain fronts you need money.
Always trying to play with definitions and weasel your way out of what you said earlier.

So by "upper-class" you were not trying to describe people of a certain economic status?

...you are too much. Please.

Upper-class can refer to your financial wealth, persona/ideology or social status. Just like "ghetto" or poor.

Money is not the sole component of class.

If you stopped harping on my every word and critiquing my every post....you wouldn't make that kind of stupid assumption.

I'm well on my way to financial stability. If things fall into place I may be able to live a more affluent lifestyle (if I so choose)....
Congrats on the new venture my dude.
pimp.gif

You follow me around like Bubbles did Micheal. Theres a thread right on the first page where you edited your post to throw some hate in my direction, when I wasn't even addressing you.
laugh.gif
oh the irony.

And the reason that I said that is because people were purposely trolling/spamming and attempting to derail the discussion. There were a lot of opposing viewpoints in that thread.

and remembering that thread is hardly "following you around." it was one of the most prominent threads in this forum for a while, and you had asignificant % of the posts in it. not like i was tracking you down. his "opposing viewpoint" was far from trolling. not only was it well-expressed,well-intentioned, and intelligent, but it was quite relevant with the ideas being presented in the thread. his posts were clearly neither "spam" not"attempts to derail discussion" yet you chose to ignore them and advocate for others to do the same.

edit: so what does "upper-class" mean to you then? i guess i'm "picking on your words" because i like to know what people mean, howsilly of me. considering how the phrase is most commonly used and that this thread seems centered around socioeconomics, it's not exactly strange that iand most others would think you were referring to economic status.

Back on topic:

How are you choosing to be upper-class? By "coming into money" or however you put it. You quickly stereotype a group of millions with only one comon attribute, yet you yourself are going to be one of them shortly. What makes you different? What makes you fit to stereotype such a large group AND exempt yourself from your judgement? Ridiculous.
Class is not defined purely by the amount of cash you have amassed.

I am voluntarily foregoing the pursuit of that status to pursue a life more fitting to my moral base.

I could care less about being rich. I would rather live off the land than in a Mansion but to help make some tangible change on certain fronts you need money.
Always trying to play with definitions and weasel your way out of what you said earlier.

So by "upper-class" you were not trying to describe people of a certain economic status?

...you are too much. Please.

Upper-class can refer to your financial wealth, persona/ideology or social status. Just like "ghetto" or poor.

Money is not the sole component of class.

If you stopped harping on my every word and critiquing my every post....you wouldn't make that kind of stupid assumption.

If money isn't the sole component of class, what are the other components that you (obviously) want to hide from your children? I just don'tunderstand why you would want to subject your children to "the hood." The way u glorify it, it sounds like you know absolutely nothing about it. You probably come from the same neighborhood i come from.

if your children arent going to be in that type of "hood" environment....then why should they have to act as if they are?!?

its all about being well rounded no matter where you are in the world...and being able to adapt and adjust to every situation accordingly...DUUUHHH!

as long as they know their history, culture, and where you came from....then thats what counts, but you cant make them be like you! their gonna be their ownperson and feed off of their surroundings....and when you try to alter that to a certain point, they may not take to you as well as you think...or worst casescenario, start to act out or become a weirdo, because they wont know who they truly are....

take notes patna, cuz you obviously need sum schoolin

I think that when it comes to raising kids in this day and age, besides the morals and value you instill in them, it's crucial for a parent to immersehis/her children in an environment signified by/with DIVERSITY. That's the key to raising a well rounded individual.

I'd like to think that I'm a well rounded individual, so i'll use myself as an example. I went to what would be considered a "hood" HS,by all accounts, during the fall and spring semesters. During the summers however, I was privileged enough to attend one of the New England's finestboarding schools (Choate Rosemary Hall). There, as expected, I encountered the rich, spoiled, arrogant--you know, the socio-economic "elite". Hadthese been the only people at Choate, I would've probably hated my time there. Interestingly enough, that was NEVER the case.

Instead, I was able to meet kids from all over the continental US and the World. Though we each hailed from diverse backgrounds, amazingly enough, ourcollective experiences as teenagers growing up in a world that seemed to either belittle us, or overpraise us, was definitely a unifying aspect. That was justone of the many things "learned" by being in a diverse environment--

I had "local diversity" during the academic school year at my hood HS--even though blacks and hispanics > all other races. During the summershowever, I had "global diversity" via interaction with teens from all over the US and World.

Point of emphasis--a diverse environment affords a certain education no parent can instill, at least effectively, in their child(ren). Kids that grow up in ahomogenous environment will always be ignorant and uncultured, regardless of their socio-economic status. Just as well, kids that are exposed to people andexperiences from all walks of life will always hold and have some intangible quality over their uncultured, aforementioned peers-- regardless of theirsocioeconomic status.

He's not serious with this thread, he just wanted to see what you guys would say.

If you cared about your children you would want them out of the hood at any cost.

some of the wealthiest people i know are the most down to earth people i know. you can't generalize like that at all.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I During the summers however, I was privileged enough to attend one of the New England's finest boarding schools (Choate Rosemary Hall).
lol you went to choate. good school but that name always cracked me up for some reason. and you guys were the "wild boars"
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can understand you wanting your children the be appreiative, but if you're part of an affluent tax bracket how exactly do you plan on going about raising"hood" kids? I mean, one could make the argument that they'll never truly be hood, as you put it. Anyone can witness life in the hood.But there's a fine line between viewing something and hoping it will humble you, and actually experiencing life in the middle/lower class.

I plan on humbling my kids by exposing/teaching them of the harsh nature of poverty. But I think it's important to have my kids see the rewards of hardwork.

I During the summers however, I was privileged enough to attend one of the New England's finest boarding schools (Choate Rosemary Hall).
lol you went to choate. good school but that name always cracked me up for some reason. and you guys were the "wild boars"
roll.gif
roll.gif

you went to choate...?

what grad year?

Guaranteed that 80% of the people in this thread have never lived in a "hood" .

Y'all making it sound like the inner city areas are the worst places to live ... nah , they're the best places to learn .

They teach diversity . Not being exposed to these areas can lead to ignorance of what is actually going on (which I can see in this thread) .

smh.gif

I dont know all about that, IF you have the right parents, the diversity comes, but there are just as many sheltered people in the hood as there are shelteredpeople in the burbs.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Y'all making it sound like the inner city areas are the worst places to live ... nah , they're the best places to learn .

They teach diversity . Not being exposed to these areas can lead to ignorance of what is actually going on (which I can see in this thread) .

smh.gif
Kneesh....just be quiet.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Tell me about it...and as for the "boar" mascot, don't even get me started. I mean, they have a giant boar statue, with real fur and everything,just chilling in the athletic center. There's definitely an element of surprise when you first see it, personally speaking, but over time, it almost seemsto become part of the environment...

Definitely had great moments there though. Curious, did you go to a similar school/rival school?

smh.gif

i wonder if anybody takes anything you say serious.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

roll.gif
roll.gif

you went to choate...?

what grad year?

I only attended Choate during the summers. I wasn't a student during the academic school year (fall x spring).

smh.gif

you can have diversity w/ being in the hood tho...just ask most military kids...again...you don't have to walk by bums and whatever everyday to be awareof problems going on outside your own neighborhoods...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

smh.gif

i wonder if anybody takes anything you say serious.

yeah, he's an idiot...and obviously knows less than anybody about the "inner city."

Back
Top Bottom