I Used To Visit Niketalk Multiple Times Per Day

I visit this site maybe once a week now. Used to visit it several times a day also but NT is falling off due to the fact it takes 2 minutes to open up a !%%!##* thread and then about 3-5 mins to make a post. Half the time I wanna post something I just end up exiting out the browser or go somewhere else. NT been wack anyway after the banning of PYP's.

Bodybuilding.com is where I stay now..that site is comical.

I visit this site maybe once a week now. Used to visit it several times a day also but NT is falling off due to the fact it takes 2 minutes to open up a !%%!##* thread and then about 3-5 mins to make a post. Half the time I wanna post something I just end up exiting out the browser or go somewhere else. NT been wack anyway after the banning of PYP's.

Bodybuilding.com is where I stay now..that site is comical.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

people ignore the stickies...
I've posted links in threads just like this time and time again... people dont' want to look for info.... they just want things fixed.

...not that I blame them...but at the same time... when people are barking orders saying "fix it already" I'm not apt to reply positively... so I just don't reply
I agree but I still think it should be stickied. It wouldn't hurt by any means.
I agree, it can't hurt.  For those of us who pay attention, the information will be there.  And for those who don't pay attention, you can insta-ban them.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

people ignore the stickies...
I've posted links in threads just like this time and time again... people dont' want to look for info.... they just want things fixed.

...not that I blame them...but at the same time... when people are barking orders saying "fix it already" I'm not apt to reply positively... so I just don't reply
I agree but I still think it should be stickied. It wouldn't hurt by any means.
I agree, it can't hurt.  For those of us who pay attention, the information will be there.  And for those who don't pay attention, you can insta-ban them.

In terms of loading speed, NT hasn't been THAT bad lately...But the worst is when you post in a thread and right after you look in the thread, your post isn't even there.
smh.gif
Then like 5 minutes later, the thread will be on the top of the page with your new post. Seriously, Yuku can't %$+%%#$ fix a problem as obvious as that?

In terms of loading speed, NT hasn't been THAT bad lately...But the worst is when you post in a thread and right after you look in the thread, your post isn't even there.
smh.gif
Then like 5 minutes later, the thread will be on the top of the page with your new post. Seriously, Yuku can't %$+%%#$ fix a problem as obvious as that?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

you think we're not in the same boat as you are?....
But my question is what is being done about it?  If this had only been going on for a month or two, I would accept the answer of "we're in contact/working with Yuku".  But this has been going on for over a year.  Is something else being done, or has the staff become complacent with the fact that this is just a bad platform?  I don't want to sound ungrateful.  I understand the staff does not get paid, and we get the access this site for free.  But I just feel we as a community deserve better than this.  I would hope wheels are turning behind the scenes for a solution to all of this.
"post in the Yuku support thread!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
what a damn joke.
Yeah it's pathetic. Your best bet is to find other general discussion boards to post on, that's what I did.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. After a while, the empty "we're disappointed too" rhetoric gets repetitive and stale.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

you think we're not in the same boat as you are?....
But my question is what is being done about it?  If this had only been going on for a month or two, I would accept the answer of "we're in contact/working with Yuku".  But this has been going on for over a year.  Is something else being done, or has the staff become complacent with the fact that this is just a bad platform?  I don't want to sound ungrateful.  I understand the staff does not get paid, and we get the access this site for free.  But I just feel we as a community deserve better than this.  I would hope wheels are turning behind the scenes for a solution to all of this.
"post in the Yuku support thread!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
what a damn joke.
Yeah it's pathetic. Your best bet is to find other general discussion boards to post on, that's what I did.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. After a while, the empty "we're disappointed too" rhetoric gets repetitive and stale.

Yeah there are perfect setups for comedy that go by untouched because of yuku letting other fools swoop in and ruin it.

Yeah there are perfect setups for comedy that go by untouched because of yuku letting other fools swoop in and ruin it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Nba Finals was was a mess on here.
Joined twitter b/c of this
laugh.gif

It seems like what's slowing down the site is the fact that there is like a 2 year cache of every thread/post. There really is no need for this, just make an article on the NTWikia for all the significant events that transpire on here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Nba Finals was was a mess on here.
Joined twitter b/c of this
laugh.gif

It seems like what's slowing down the site is the fact that there is like a 2 year cache of every thread/post. There really is no need for this, just make an article on the NTWikia for all the significant events that transpire on here
laugh.gif

Thanks for all of those excerpts Dirty. I have to admit I have been pretty lazy in terms of searching on what's going on with NT's server problems these days.
I don't think I've ever had a problem that was not back to normal within the day. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it's slow...so what? It works. And on top of it working, we donate dollars to people who actually need it. Are some of you actually proposing we cut those donations and use them to go from a 10 second page download to 5 [not literal]?

In my decade here on NT, perhaps I've learned a thing or two about priorities, but members on here really need to take a step back and think about what the issues really are. 

Just my random thoughts...

Thanks for all of those excerpts Dirty. I have to admit I have been pretty lazy in terms of searching on what's going on with NT's server problems these days.
I don't think I've ever had a problem that was not back to normal within the day. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it's slow...so what? It works. And on top of it working, we donate dollars to people who actually need it. Are some of you actually proposing we cut those donations and use them to go from a 10 second page download to 5 [not literal]?

In my decade here on NT, perhaps I've learned a thing or two about priorities, but members on here really need to take a step back and think about what the issues really are. 

Just my random thoughts...

Block non registered users from viewing the site until some sort of solution to the problem is made. Sure ad revenue would go down, but it's not going to matter when you can barely post as it is.

Block non registered users from viewing the site until some sort of solution to the problem is made. Sure ad revenue would go down, but it's not going to matter when you can barely post as it is.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

That would KILL nt.

Back
Top Bottom