I never knew that......

288627586_1511364242630612_414088218680386593_n.jpg

timePersonOfTheCentury.gif

He won person of the Century as voted by Time magazine and millions of votes in 1999. But originally the voters had Jesus Christ and
iu

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair in the top spots.

The media and magazine ultimately stated that the votes for Flair and Jesus violated the "spirit" of the title. and were removed.

Third Place (before the removal) was Hitler. Argument for Hitler was the Time's explicit criterion that the persons chosen should have the greatest impact on this century, for better or worse.

after the removal and the final results had
120px-Portrait_Gandhi.jpg

ghandi (2nd) and
153px-FDR_in_1933.jpg

FDR(3rd)

I thought about making this (random facts) thread for the sports section but ehhh.

-If you’re on the NY Yankees you’re not allowed to have a beard or moustache

-there’s a deluxe big bathroom in the Atlanta braves players locker rooms that’s only allowed for players who have been on the team for at least four years

I looked it up and don mattingly was benched because his hair was too long and he didn’t want to cut it.

The yankees allow you to have a mustache. Can’t have any other facial hair except very short stubble and that little soul patch like stanton. It’s a very outdated rule and wonder if they would trade or release a player who didn’t want to follow it.

yup. that's what they did to gerrit cole

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F8baee5c0-7566-11ec-aacf-0736e08b15cd.jpg

Muslim isn't a language but a cool fact nonetheless.

Arabs make up less than 15% of all Muslims.

Countries with the largest Muslim populations are Indonesia and India, both with over 200 million adherents. Nigeria has 100 mil+.

Back
Top Bottom