How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

The story was good. I'm not saying it wasn't but overall, especially in hindsight, I didn't like it since she ends up with Ted.

At the time I was kinda still hoping she'd end up with Barney and have kids but they switched up to shut the door on her having Ted's kids and pulled this old ppl getting married later in life stuff.

This show will always be appreciated.

******* Ted :smh:

I prefer the alternative ending. He brought it home for the good guys. :pimp:

To me writing Robin as barren was the ****** up part.

One thing for her not to want kids, ****** up to take away the option from her completely. Before that I always figured maybe Ted wears her down at some point if Barney had stayed with Nora or the striper.
I think it was really fitting for her character, though. It was definitely rough to see.

At the end of it all, she was just focused on her career. I found her character to be the most realistic (e.g. slept with a lot of guys, ends up successful in her career but lonely).

Last edited:
That was a great story and very touching.

The writers probably put that in there with the ending in mind. I think they could have made the main Robin ending work if they had just paced it out or revealed it differently. The scene where Robin runs into Ted and the kids as toddlers alluded to all of this, but I don't think it had the right impact.

Last edited:
Ha, shows what you know, Marshall can't even have wet dreams about other women without feeling guilty =)

Well played. But do recall, if lily were to go Marshall said he'd go ham on the beat

Last edited:
There was definitely an episode that specifically addressed this. I don't remember it too well. Lol

It had something to do with Robin and Marshall hanging out, just the two of them for the first time, and it got awkward. Why? I can't remember :lol:

Last edited:
There was definitely an episode that specifically addressed this. I don't remember it too well. Lol

It had something to do with Robin and Marshall hanging out, just the two of them for the first time, and it got awkward. Why? I can't remember :lol:

I think it's when they're stuck in the car from the snow storm

If Ted and Robin were suppose to be together why didn't they just end up together. Like the show would've been that much better if they never said Robin was the mom or not but the audience always knew. Instead Ted and Barney know what Robin tastes like :x
I wanna know what Robin tastes like :frown:

Yea :lol: Marshall always saw unattractive women as a walrus. They went to dinner and got hammered and he started to see her as a mermaid and he started freaking out :lol: then she barfed.

Show was so good until season 8 :smh:

Last edited:
It was manatee's not walruses :lol: that one also had Ted on the boat with The Captain where he thought he was gonna kill him :lol:

There was another episode in the last season where they came up with a hypothetical scenario that Lily's life was at risk and the only way to save her was for Marshall to kiss Robin, needless to say it ended poorly for Lily :lol:

I need to find that again

Last edited:
Not going lie, it's just hitting me that I don't have Himym to look forward to on Monday nights.

I have modern family on Wednesdays, still, thank god.

I'm hoping I'll fall in love with Selfie or A to Z lol as well to fill that sit com void

There are other good shows out there but they're not sit coms, it's not the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom