How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

I did, a week ago. They put it up early on Hulu. I'll be honest, my reaction was meh. But I'm going to continue giving it a chance. Hopefully it'll hit its stride and I'll fall in love with it like I did Himym.

It felt like one of those things where a "movie" or 2 hour event sets up the show to come, and the actual show feels a little different. At least that's what I hope.

Last edited:
The one thing I'm concerned about already is that they've put a time limit on the show already. Apparently, they've only date for a yr or something like that. So the whole show is going to be about that whole yr?

How would you stretch that out for multiple seasons? Lol

But yea maybe, hopefully after all that setup it'll be different.

I thought that too... I figure they'll probably break them up, follow them apart, and eventually get them back together if it lasts more than a season.

I'm also worried that the pilot was like a full on chick flick. Hoping that they finished setting up the story so they'll introduce more jokes/gags/funny buddy characters to make it a little more sitcomish

I think NBC's other new comedy, Marry Me, looks pretty good based on the trailer... the two leads are longtime comedy writers/actors so I think it'll be good.

You know what hit me? Rules of Engagement was like an early prototype of HIMYM :lol: :smh:

The Tick was a docuhey Marshall

His wife was the watered down older Lily

Then the other couple was Ted and Robin but just dumber and already newlyweds

David Spade was bizarro Barney.

Indian guy I guess doesn't count :lol: :smh:

They're both in beds!

Hell they even line up so maybe the Tick was just male Lily while the wife was female Marshall :lol:

Last edited:
I like how you just call him the tick and not by his real name

I'm surprised you're not calling him the wheelchair dude from family guy.

Last edited:
I thought that too... I figure they'll probably break them up, follow them apart, and eventually get them back together if it lasts more than a season.

I'm also worried that the pilot was like a full on chick flick. Hoping that they finished setting up the story so they'll introduce more jokes/gags/funny buddy characters to make it a little more sitcomish

I think NBC's other new comedy, Marry Me, looks pretty good based on the trailer... the two leads are longtime comedy writers/actors so I think it'll be good.

I'll look into Marry Me. I'll do anything to find that show that can fill me himym-less heart.

Yall catch A to Z? Cristin :pimp: :evil:

and this Joanie loves Chachi looking dude reeks of Ted Mosby with his destined to be and fat stuff. Plus it seems the producers angle to pitch this and hook viewers is by having the narrator, Peg Bundy, tell us at the end their relationship will last 8 months and change not necessarily hinting if they break up or get engaged or sadly if one of them dies.

Cristin the only reason why I'm remotely interested in that show. If it was a different female lead... Lol

A to Z's premiere was very meh, as already stated...

but i have nothing better to do so I figure Ill watch it.

Finally finish the series not sure what I think about the ending. 9th season wasnt that funny, I can will say that. On to another TV series in my back log!

Last edited:
So I did a quick run-through of Season 9 and here's what I thought:

- The Mother (Tracy) is the perfect girl for Ted. She has a very low body count (2 exes, according to what we see and how nerdy/geeky/innocent she is). They could NOT have the Mother being a thot or a random bop.

- For reference, her first true love died, she gets proposed to by another dude and rejects him, and then she meets Ted. I personally don't think Ted is her end game; it was that first dude that died.

- The season finale was just incredibly stupid with them writing off Barney/Robin's marriage and re-upping Ted/Robin. But the true constant in the show was Robin being the end game for Ted.

- Are we really supposed to be surprised that Robin ends up alone? I called this immediately when they began portraying her as a tomboy thot with multiple bodies. Maybe that's why Barney/Robin divorced? He gave up his career for her and became a simp and she couldn't stand it. In the last 2 minutes of the finale, we see old Robin alone with her 5+ dogs and old Ted getting the dried up yambs.

There's a lot I really liked about this show, but damn, they really goofed on the ending by trying to make it super realistic/depressing. The fan outrage was so loud that they released an alternate happier ending a few days after the finale.

Last edited:
Robin was def a thot.

Tracy was cute. When they did that umbrella initials crap it was corny, but cute :lol:

Can't believe they killed her off.

Robin was def a thot.

Tracy was cute. When they did that umbrella initials crap it was corny, but cute :lol:

Can't believe they killed her off.

:lol:
during that scene I said out loud "This is the perfect girl for Ted, she's on his level in all categories including corniness"

This was more garbage than the Sopranos finale. Show fell off after the 3rd season anyway

This is one of those rare sitcoms/comedies that I flat out haven't rewatched since the finale. 

I kind of want to now despite the obviously poor planning and bad ending, good thread bump 
laugh.gif

This is one of those rare sitcoms/comedies that I flat out haven't rewatched since the finale. 

I kind of want to now despite the obviously poor planning and bad ending, good thread bump 
laugh.gif
im the opposite. despite the horrible ending, himym is probably one of the only shows i can rewatch 100 times and not get bored with it

Back
Top Bottom