How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

i was watching some reruns the other day. 

they subtly revealed the  mothers name in the episode where ted, robin, and barney spend thanksgiving in  a strip club.

found the video

That was just ironic imo. He told the kids a story of him meeting a girl in a strip club.. implying that their mother was once a stripper.. Hence the shock. The name is just irony, or added to the later seasons.

I hate HIMYM. Real ****. They put me through so much stress week after week season after season just hoping Ted finally brings it home for the good guys who always finish last. I cared more about him finding love than myself finding love. And they give us that ******** ending! And then they kick us in the balls a second time by giving us the PERFECT ending 6 MONTHS LATER!!!!

Yes I'm mad!!!

Haha they want us paying for an ending that's been up for months on YouTube that was edited by a fan

Trolls

I haven't seen the NT late pass in years, but I saw NPH got married this weekend.  Had no idea that he was in a relationship with Scooter.

Much better, but the ending was only one (big) problem with the finale, at least in my opinion. I'm still upset where they took the stories after the wedding ended.

Last edited:
Pineapple incident has been solved
laugh.gif

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyorley/how-i-met-your-mother-pineapple-mystery-solved#kho7lw
I miss this show man

NT, I finally finished season 9 on Netflix.

I like how they ended the series. The characters all got what they deserved. Ted got the family(wife and kids) he's always wanted. He also eventually ends up with Robin. Robin gets to do the traveling and news job she always wanted. Barney grows up finally and has a child. Marshall and Lily end up happily ever after which is expected.

I thought they ended it great. I haven't seen the alternate ending so Idk what happens but from reading the comments on here I am assuming it was better? Anywhere I can find the alternate ending?

Last edited:
NT, I finally finished season 9 on Netflix.

I like how they ended the series. The characters all got what they deserved. Ted got the family(wife and kids) he's always wanted. He also eventually ends up with Robin. Robin gets to do the traveling and news job she always wanted. Barney grows up finally and has a child. Marshall and Lily end up happily ever after which is expected.

I thought they ended it great. I haven't seen the alternate ending so Idk what happens but from reading the comments on here I am assuming it was better? Anywhere I can find the alternate ending?

Ted ending up with Robin and the mother dying is the ultimate jimmie rustler. I'm sorry. It ruined everything

Kix28 the alternate ending is just the og cut minus all the scenes after the train meeting.

In a way it rustles my jimmies more than when I saw the og ep because it is a lazy way of giving the fans what they wanted.

Reactions: Ube
Kix28 the alternate ending is just the og cut minus all the scenes after the train meeting.

In a way it rustles my jimmies more than when I saw the og ep because it is a lazy way of giving the fans what they wanted.
yeah you're right.

I still like how they ended it the original way. The alternate version is stupid and seems just ehh.

I think either way it would be a good ending. I like this ending because it gives Ted the wife and family he's always wanted and he gets Robin. I also wouldn't be mad if it did end the alternate way. This show was worth the watch and time spent. HIMYM :smokin

Man they made the mom perfect throughout the last season and then kill her off.

At first I did want Robin/Ted but if they went all the way and not this cop out where they only end up when there is a divorce and a death.

It worked really great with Tracy as they both wanted the same thing. It definitely should have ended with them under the umbrella.

If Ted and Robin were suppose to be together why didn't they just end up together. Like the show would've been that much better if they never said Robin was the mom or not but the audience always knew. Instead Ted and Barney know what Robin tastes like :x

To me writing Robin as barren was the ****** up part.

One thing for her not to want kids, ****** up to take away the option from her completely. Before that I always figured maybe Ted wears her down at some point if Barney had stayed with Nora or the striper.

Lol that barren Robin storyline was personally one of my favorite episodes. To the kids not being real and disappearing, to her crying and breaking down after Ted surprised her at the apartment, and to Ted finishing with, "Kids, your Aunt Robin was many things, but alone wasn't one of them."

Back
Top Bottom