How are you NOT paying for the female companion?

I'm not sure how other cities are, but if you're really on a budget and you're girl is cool with it, there are lots of places that serve beers for $2. I know Lone Star is rarely more than $2 at the bar. Also, if you're trying to be a little frugal, check when certain places have specials. Most bars and restaurants will do some sort of promotion during the week. I know a lot of places do dollar wells on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You're bound to have to pay for something sometime throughout the course of dating, but you don't have to spend a lot. The important thing is that you're showing the initiative to pay and making the gesture--not the amount that you pay.

I'm not sure how other cities are, but if you're really on a budget and you're girl is cool with it, there are lots of places that serve beers for $2. I know Lone Star is rarely more than $2 at the bar. Also, if you're trying to be a little frugal, check when certain places have specials. Most bars and restaurants will do some sort of promotion during the week. I know a lot of places do dollar wells on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You're bound to have to pay for something sometime throughout the course of dating, but you don't have to spend a lot. The important thing is that you're showing the initiative to pay and making the gesture--not the amount that you pay.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just rather not speak on my personal life on here. That is all that is about honestly. I am a private dude so that is why nobody knows my age, location (some might think they do), job, or relationship status.

Making assumptions might be fun for you all but it really doesn't matter to me. I don't feel the need to validate anything on here. I just keep things on a general level.

dc/pitt
28/29
coach at a high school
in a loving relationship w/ a male

I just rather not speak on my personal life on here. That is all that is about honestly. I am a private dude so that is why nobody knows my age, location (some might think they do), job, or relationship status.

Making assumptions might be fun for you all but it really doesn't matter to me. I don't feel the need to validate anything on here. I just keep things on a general level.

dc/pitt
28/29
coach at a high school

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

dc/pitt
28/29
coach at a high school
Reported for flame wars.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

dc/pitt
28/29
coach at a high school
Reported for flame wars.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Whatever the scenario might be, deal with it with a sense of maturity, don't come off like 50$ are gonna break the bank fam...if it is you have no business inviting anyone out to begin with....you invite you pay.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Damn us poor folk cant be seeing the light of day with females man. 
#foreveralone
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Whatever the scenario might be, deal with it with a sense of maturity, don't come off like 50$ are gonna break the bank fam...if it is you have no business inviting anyone out to begin with....you invite you pay.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Damn us poor folk cant be seeing the light of day with females man. 
#foreveralone
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I'm starting to think is not even about the money, but about the EGO. It's more the idea that they are dropping any kind of money on someone they don't know...childish if you ask me.

I'm starting to think is not even about the money, but about the EGO. It's more the idea that they are dropping any kind of money on someone they don't know...childish if you ask me.

Steezy, why is it childish out of all things? How is that sign of maturity that we would rather reserve our resources for someone that has proven their stay/worth? It is just precaution. If a person is economically efficient and they don't want to just spend their money on people that they have no obligation to spend their money on, why are you calling it childish?

I don't understand that at all.

Steezy, why is it childish out of all things? How is that sign of maturity that we would rather reserve our resources for someone that has proven their stay/worth? It is just precaution. If a person is economically efficient and they don't want to just spend their money on people that they have no obligation to spend their money on, why are you calling it childish?

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by ricky409

got a serious question to all those sayin they dont pay for dates and dont drop any bread...

do yall just like doing nice things?

i mean... i just so happen to like going to nice spots to eat, theme parks, gun ranges, jet ski-ing...

more times than not i look at it as "hey, i like to do XYZ... do you wanna come? if not, then i'll most likely find someone else, or do it regardless."

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
This is where I was coming from but I got %*@* for it.
laugh.gif
I feel the same.

People making it out as a trick bag need to re-evaluate what it means to have class when it comes to dating. 

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by ricky409

got a serious question to all those sayin they dont pay for dates and dont drop any bread...

do yall just like doing nice things?

i mean... i just so happen to like going to nice spots to eat, theme parks, gun ranges, jet ski-ing...

more times than not i look at it as "hey, i like to do XYZ... do you wanna come? if not, then i'll most likely find someone else, or do it regardless."

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
This is where I was coming from but I got %*@* for it.
laugh.gif
I feel the same.

People making it out as a trick bag need to re-evaluate what it means to have class when it comes to dating. 

Originally Posted by kilojules64

I don't even like guys taking me out to places that cost a lot of money because it just makes me feel worse if I'm not feeling them. Like if after a couple dates I decide that there's no chemistry and I don't want to see him anymore, I'd feel bad if he has spent a lot of money on me. I'm not cheap with my money but with other peoples money for some reason I'm ridiculous
ohwell.gif

I live in New York though so there are tons of places to get 2 delicious meals and a few beers for $30. I'll pay a couple of times and then if/when I decide I'm not feeling him he's in the hole less than 100 bucks
laugh.gif

Wanna go on a date?
nerd.gif

I'm Italian BTW...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kilojules64

I don't even like guys taking me out to places that cost a lot of money because it just makes me feel worse if I'm not feeling them. Like if after a couple dates I decide that there's no chemistry and I don't want to see him anymore, I'd feel bad if he has spent a lot of money on me. I'm not cheap with my money but with other peoples money for some reason I'm ridiculous
ohwell.gif

I live in New York though so there are tons of places to get 2 delicious meals and a few beers for $30. I'll pay a couple of times and then if/when I decide I'm not feeling him he's in the hole less than 100 bucks
laugh.gif

Wanna go on a date?
nerd.gif

I'm Italian BTW...
pimp.gif

We are literally talking pennies here, 10$...20$...30$ at most, you want a girl to PROVE she's worth 10-20$ bro?...what are YOU gonna prove to her??...is just a date.The whole proving each other worthy over 10-20$ is what I find rather high school-*%%.

We are literally talking pennies here, 10$...20$...30$ at most, you want a girl to PROVE she's worth 10-20$ bro?...what are YOU gonna prove to her??...is just a date.The whole proving each other worthy over 10-20$ is what I find rather high school-*%%.

I could interpret it as childish simply because that's how I felt about spending on females when I was a child. When I was in my teens, I thought it was soooo cool to not spend on girls. Even among my more relationship-immature friends my age, they are all surprised when I bring a girl out and she pays for something. Today, I enjoy taking girls out--good ones at least. I mean, I'm not "spending a car note on a first date" but if I've already decided that she's worth taking out to dinner, she must not suck and is worth the small expenditure if it means I'm going to have a good time. People in this post are acting like we walk up to random women and just wine-and-dine them and blow paychecks on strangers.

I could interpret it as childish simply because that's how I felt about spending on females when I was a child. When I was in my teens, I thought it was soooo cool to not spend on girls. Even among my more relationship-immature friends my age, they are all surprised when I bring a girl out and she pays for something. Today, I enjoy taking girls out--good ones at least. I mean, I'm not "spending a car note on a first date" but if I've already decided that she's worth taking out to dinner, she must not suck and is worth the small expenditure if it means I'm going to have a good time. People in this post are acting like we walk up to random women and just wine-and-dine them and blow paychecks on strangers.

Exactly my point, I've never invited someone out that I haven't already engaged in some sort of conversation prior...I think DC goes on a lot of blind dates
laugh.gif

Exactly my point, I've never invited someone out that I haven't already engaged in some sort of conversation prior...I think DC goes on a lot of blind dates
laugh.gif

How can you get that I go on blind dates from anything I have said? Not understanding that but ok.

But I just prefer not to spend my money on people that I could very well never see again. Nothing wrong with precaution in my eyes. But that is childish to some, oh well.

Back
Top Bottom