How are you NOT paying for the female companion?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

If you invite a girl out just pay for her
laugh.gif
.  If she invites you somewhere then you can offer, but it's up to you at that point...

Pretty much.
I always get into it with you all over the idea of "inviting out."

What does "inviting out" mean? Does me simply verbalizing that me and her go somewhere mean I am inviting her somewhere?

What if we both want to do something, but I happen to name the spot. Does that still mean I invited her?

I have had a girl a few years back disrespect me by asking me, "When are you going to take me out." I let her know about herself, but if I would have taken her out, did I indirectly agree to pay for it since I was asked when I would take her out?

roll.gif
If she's worth it then I would pay for her, especially if I kept telling her I'd take her somewhere and never did (usually the case).  If I've taken her places, but it's been a minute since we went out and I don't feel like treating her, then I'd probably go dutch  or ask her to drive and I'd pay for her (I guess that's going dutch too)...

As for the "inviting" situation, I think it's easier to explain with examples.

Me inviting her out:
Me: Hey, you wanna go to the movies tonight?
Her: Yeah, what movie do you want to see? When?

I definitely pay in this situation.

Her inviting me out:
Her: Hey, you wanna go out to lunch today?
Me: Sure, where do you wanna go? When?

You're not obligated to pay for her in this situation, but I would offer anyway.  If it's dinner at a restaurant (no fast food) then I'd definitely offer to pay unless she insisted that she was paying for both of us.  I, personally, would avoid going dutch just because it's not too classy especially for a date.

Mutual situation:
Me: I'm bored.
Her: I'm bored too.
Me: We could go to the movies...
Her: Yeah, sounds good.  When?

I would offer to pay, but going dutch is fine too.  It really depends on if it's your gf or just some girl you're talking to because you'll probably have some sort of established sentiment on who pays for what if it's your gf, but for a potential love interest then you should offer to pay just because it's a nice gesture and it shows a bit of class.

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

If you invite a girl out just pay for her
laugh.gif
.  If she invites you somewhere then you can offer, but it's up to you at that point...

Pretty much.
I always get into it with you all over the idea of "inviting out."

What does "inviting out" mean? Does me simply verbalizing that me and her go somewhere mean I am inviting her somewhere?

What if we both want to do something, but I happen to name the spot. Does that still mean I invited her?

I have had a girl a few years back disrespect me by asking me, "When are you going to take me out." I let her know about herself, but if I would have taken her out, did I indirectly agree to pay for it since I was asked when I would take her out?

roll.gif
If she's worth it then I would pay for her, especially if I kept telling her I'd take her somewhere and never did (usually the case).  If I've taken her places, but it's been a minute since we went out and I don't feel like treating her, then I'd probably go dutch  or ask her to drive and I'd pay for her (I guess that's going dutch too)...

As for the "inviting" situation, I think it's easier to explain with examples.

Me inviting her out:
Me: Hey, you wanna go to the movies tonight?
Her: Yeah, what movie do you want to see? When?

I definitely pay in this situation.

Her inviting me out:
Her: Hey, you wanna go out to lunch today?
Me: Sure, where do you wanna go? When?

You're not obligated to pay for her in this situation, but I would offer anyway.  If it's dinner at a restaurant (no fast food) then I'd definitely offer to pay unless she insisted that she was paying for both of us.  I, personally, would avoid going dutch just because it's not too classy especially for a date.

Mutual situation:
Me: I'm bored.
Her: I'm bored too.
Me: We could go to the movies...
Her: Yeah, sounds good.  When?

I would offer to pay, but going dutch is fine too.  It really depends on if it's your gf or just some girl you're talking to because you'll probably have some sort of established sentiment on who pays for what if it's your gf, but for a potential love interest then you should offer to pay just because it's a nice gesture and it shows a bit of class.

I'd rather be the man that pays on the first time together, it would show a sense of value in time. A date is almost a courtship between the two in the making, you don't really know.

I'd rather be the man that pays on the first time together, it would show a sense of value in time. A date is almost a courtship between the two in the making, you don't really know.

I don't know why anyone would ever listen to DC, son stupid. Look how long son been here chatting up like he's a boss with these females, we ain't never seen his pic, he's ghost in pygf/wife threads, never drops getting it cracking volumes, and he idolizes and seeks lessons from some mack dude. If you know so much why you subscribe to educational talk shows? not saying you gotta do any of those, but typing the way he types he should. Dude is just an insecure cornball who prolly doesn't even get buns, if he does they ain't quality.

I don't know why anyone would ever listen to DC, son stupid. Look how long son been here chatting up like he's a boss with these females, we ain't never seen his pic, he's ghost in pygf/wife threads, never drops getting it cracking volumes, and he idolizes and seeks lessons from some mack dude. If you know so much why you subscribe to educational talk shows? not saying you gotta do any of those, but typing the way he types he should. Dude is just an insecure cornball who prolly doesn't even get buns, if he does they ain't quality.

Originally Posted by GQute

lol u guys be over analyzing things. If you ask the girl out your definitely paying because it was your idea. I usually come out the gate and joke around over the phone or while we're in line for the movie. I'd be like, "So your paying for my ticket right?" haha just to see her reaction and if she's got a sense of humor. If she's like yeaa sure haha then she's a trooper. Don't let her pay tho. Also, i pull this line, "so are you going to try and play miss independent or are you gonna let me pay for your ticket haha" or "are you gonna let me take care of my manly duties and get your ticket lol" It's all about feel man. Listen to her response and you'll know if she's a keeper. But whatever her answer is, pay the first time. Just gotta be smooth with it. Swag it up while u say these lines

What you do is hardly smooth though.
laugh.gif
I'd have you paying for my ticket bruh

lol u guys be over analyzing things. If you ask the girl out your definitely paying because it was your idea. I usually come out the gate and joke around over the phone or while we're in line for the movie. I'd be like, "So your paying for my ticket right?" haha just to see her reaction and if she's got a sense of humor. If she's like yeaa sure haha then she's a trooper. Don't let her pay tho. Also, i pull this line, "so are you going to try and play miss independent or are you gonna let me pay for your ticket haha" or "are you gonna let me take care of my manly duties and get your ticket lol" It's all about feel man. Listen to her response and you'll know if she's a keeper. But whatever her answer is, pay the first time. Just gotta be smooth with it. Swag it up while u say these lines

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ayo

laugh.gif

Ayo

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

If you approach them on more of a "i wannt get to know you" tip and not come off thirsty/pressed you usually get out of paying for them.
Not to boast, but I've never spent my money on any female before I smashed.  That's the God honest truth.  So the fact cats really think they HAVE to pay is mind boggling to me
ohwell.gif

if all you're trying to do is smash then of course not but if you're really interested in dating the girl its different
Explain your definition of "dating" tho? its not like I only smashed them, a few I had a real relationships with, some I've been on "dates" with and other were just hos.  Be that as it may, I still didnt spend any money before I hit, and very little after.
Not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand why having a real interest in a female and going out together requires the male to pay.

Originally Posted by cbtcGURU

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

If you approach them on more of a "i wannt get to know you" tip and not come off thirsty/pressed you usually get out of paying for them.
Not to boast, but I've never spent my money on any female before I smashed.  That's the God honest truth.  So the fact cats really think they HAVE to pay is mind boggling to me
ohwell.gif

if all you're trying to do is smash then of course not but if you're really interested in dating the girl its different
Explain your definition of "dating" tho? its not like I only smashed them, a few I had a real relationships with, some I've been on "dates" with and other were just hos.  Be that as it may, I still didnt spend any money before I hit, and very little after.
Not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand why having a real interest in a female and going out together requires the male to pay.

laugh.gif
It's so unsmooth it's smooth lol. I have no problem pulling dimes so I really don't need suggestions from the pick-up-artists known as the NT community 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
It's so unsmooth it's smooth lol. I have no problem pulling dimes so I really don't need suggestions from the pick-up-artists known as the NT community 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by datboi81

i pay whenever i ask a girl out. I feel awkward with girls paying, but from time to time i dont mind. if i dont have the money, i just dont go on dates simple as that lol
real life ....
qft

Originally Posted by datboi81

i pay whenever i ask a girl out. I feel awkward with girls paying, but from time to time i dont mind. if i dont have the money, i just dont go on dates simple as that lol
real life ....
qft

Degenerate423 pretty much broke down date-and-pay etiquette. Regardless of the situation, offer. If she's not a total leach and it's not some formal-*$$ date, she'll probably jump in and take care of herself and maybe you, too. It's hard to believe, but some girls aren't evil and don't want to run you for your money.

Degenerate423 pretty much broke down date-and-pay etiquette. Regardless of the situation, offer. If she's not a total leach and it's not some formal-*$$ date, she'll probably jump in and take care of herself and maybe you, too. It's hard to believe, but some girls aren't evil and don't want to run you for your money.

I think what's really going on here that's not being mentioned is the cognitive dissonance that happens when guys try to court a lady by asking her out on a date where money will be involved.

The bare basis of this matter is that guys don't want to put out any money if theirs a slight chance that it won't work out in their favor and they get just a stupid date with a girl they really don't care to talk to but instead just !*%# and go to sleep. It's just plain logic as far as guys are concerned....and the same could be said for girls taking a guy out.

Here's the solution...find a girl that you actually enjoy talking too...that is on the same wavelength as you and you can have a great conversation with on a date. That way even if you do pay atleast your going there with someone who will be more than just looks...their will be substance. And most likely if these girls have substance they'll atleast offer to pay...and besides that you'll actually feel much better about paying once you go on a date with a girl that you actually clique with.

If you pick a girl just on looks then your leaving out a critical factor in your courting game.

I think what's really going on here that's not being mentioned is the cognitive dissonance that happens when guys try to court a lady by asking her out on a date where money will be involved.

The bare basis of this matter is that guys don't want to put out any money if theirs a slight chance that it won't work out in their favor and they get just a stupid date with a girl they really don't care to talk to but instead just !*%# and go to sleep. It's just plain logic as far as guys are concerned....and the same could be said for girls taking a guy out.

Here's the solution...find a girl that you actually enjoy talking too...that is on the same wavelength as you and you can have a great conversation with on a date. That way even if you do pay atleast your going there with someone who will be more than just looks...their will be substance. And most likely if these girls have substance they'll atleast offer to pay...and besides that you'll actually feel much better about paying once you go on a date with a girl that you actually clique with.

If you pick a girl just on looks then your leaving out a critical factor in your courting game.

I don't even like guys taking me out to places that cost a lot of money because it just makes me feel worse if I'm not feeling them. Like if after a couple dates I decide that there's no chemistry and I don't want to see him anymore, I'd feel bad if he has spent a lot of money on me. I'm not cheap with my money but with other peoples money for some reason I'm ridiculous
ohwell.gif

I live in New York though so there are tons of places to get 2 delicious meals and a few beers for $30. I'll pay a couple of times and then if/when I decide I'm not feeling him he's in the hole less than 100 bucks
laugh.gif

I don't even like guys taking me out to places that cost a lot of money because it just makes me feel worse if I'm not feeling them. Like if after a couple dates I decide that there's no chemistry and I don't want to see him anymore, I'd feel bad if he has spent a lot of money on me. I'm not cheap with my money but with other peoples money for some reason I'm ridiculous
ohwell.gif

I live in New York though so there are tons of places to get 2 delicious meals and a few beers for $30. I'll pay a couple of times and then if/when I decide I'm not feeling him he's in the hole less than 100 bucks
laugh.gif

got a serious question to all those sayin they dont pay for dates and dont drop any bread...

do yall just like doing nice things?

i mean... i just so happen to like going to nice spots to eat, theme parks, gun ranges, jet ski-ing...

more times than not i look at it as "hey, i like to do XYZ... do you wanna come? if not, then i'll most likely find someone else, or do it regardless."

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom