How are you NOT paying for the female companion?

Yeah DC they are strangers but you asked them out for a reason, if they are good enough for me to ask out I don't see why I would have a problem spending a couple of 20's if it comes down to it....I spend far more money on other stupid things.

Yeah DC they are strangers but you asked them out for a reason, if they are good enough for me to ask out I don't see why I would have a problem spending a couple of 20's if it comes down to it....I spend far more money on other stupid things.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

And WTH are people eating for 70 dollars on a date?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 you're going to laugh at that when you become a doctor

I'ma be honest if a dude has a problem spending money on me for a date we just won't work out.
laugh.gif
There's no way around it. We just see life different. Spending money on someone has never been a big deal in my family. If I'm paying for a dude I'ma off jump gonna wanna go somewhere nice to eat and it may be expensive but it's all for the experience. If I'ma go and I want you with me money shouldn't matter. If he bores me then that's something different but at least I ate good. I would expect him to have the same outlook.

I'ma be honest if a dude has a problem spending money on me for a date we just won't work out.
laugh.gif
There's no way around it. We just see life different. Spending money on someone has never been a big deal in my family. If I'm paying for a dude I'ma off jump gonna wanna go somewhere nice to eat and it may be expensive but it's all for the experience. If I'ma go and I want you with me money shouldn't matter. If he bores me then that's something different but at least I ate good. I would expect him to have the same outlook.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

laugh.gif
Have a problem? How would you know he has a problem unless there is a discussion about it.

If I booked you, and our first 2 dates were free events, you would consider that having a problem?

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

laugh.gif
Have a problem? How would you know he has a problem unless there is a discussion about it.

If I booked you, and our first 2 dates were free events, you would consider that having a problem?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I don't pay at first but I let them know beforehand. If they don't want to go off that cool with me but I don't want to go all in at first paying for chilling with a chick. Once we further along don't mind doing that at all and most girls don't have no problem with it.

How do you even bring that up without sounding like a cheap %+#?I mean we are literally talking chump change here, 50-70$ at most....yet dudes drop 3-4X that amount on a pair of kicks with ease...it's a date, a first impression, which can lead to many great things or at the very least one more body count.

lol $50-$70 on a first date is excessiveedit:
I'ma be honest if a dude has a problem spending money on me for a date we just won't work out. There's no way around it. We just see life different. Spending money on someone has never been a big deal in my family. If I'm paying for a dude I'ma off jump gonna wanna go somewhere nice to eat and it may be expensive but it's all for the experience. If I'ma go and I want you with me money shouldn't matter. If he bores me then that's something different but at least I ate good. I would expect him to have the same outlook.
if whether i pay or not on the first date determines if you feel me then there is a problem

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I don't pay at first but I let them know beforehand. If they don't want to go off that cool with me but I don't want to go all in at first paying for chilling with a chick. Once we further along don't mind doing that at all and most girls don't have no problem with it.

How do you even bring that up without sounding like a cheap %+#?I mean we are literally talking chump change here, 50-70$ at most....yet dudes drop 3-4X that amount on a pair of kicks with ease...it's a date, a first impression, which can lead to many great things or at the very least one more body count.

lol $50-$70 on a first date is excessiveedit:
I'ma be honest if a dude has a problem spending money on me for a date we just won't work out. There's no way around it. We just see life different. Spending money on someone has never been a big deal in my family. If I'm paying for a dude I'ma off jump gonna wanna go somewhere nice to eat and it may be expensive but it's all for the experience. If I'ma go and I want you with me money shouldn't matter. If he bores me then that's something different but at least I ate good. I would expect him to have the same outlook.
if whether i pay or not on the first date determines if you feel me then there is a problem

Yall argue about the most trivial $%#!
laugh.gif

Folks shouldn't EXPECT to be paid for when out on a date, but how hard is it to gauge how the date is going? I swear some of you out there don't have this type of intuition. If the date is going well and there are good vibes, then why not treat? Of course it can be reciprocated, but it's easy to tell if your date is going well or not.

As far as spending $50-$70....that's average if you work in the cost of drinks. I know some of yall are hoping that the person you're out with sticks to the tap, but seriously...
laugh.gif
Figure in plates are around $15 (x2) then 2 drinks. You'll be at $50 before dessert.

Do what feels right to you. There is no right/wrong answer to the dating game....only a lot of trial/error. You're gonna have slip-ups along the way, but that's all apart of the game.

Yall argue about the most trivial $%#!
laugh.gif

Folks shouldn't EXPECT to be paid for when out on a date, but how hard is it to gauge how the date is going? I swear some of you out there don't have this type of intuition. If the date is going well and there are good vibes, then why not treat? Of course it can be reciprocated, but it's easy to tell if your date is going well or not.

As far as spending $50-$70....that's average if you work in the cost of drinks. I know some of yall are hoping that the person you're out with sticks to the tap, but seriously...
laugh.gif
Figure in plates are around $15 (x2) then 2 drinks. You'll be at $50 before dessert.

Do what feels right to you. There is no right/wrong answer to the dating game....only a lot of trial/error. You're gonna have slip-ups along the way, but that's all apart of the game.

If y'all ha e dinner and decide ur not paying once done....

That's a problem....nobody wants a cheapo.

If u actually somehow bring it up prior than kudos to you....otherwise
go the alternative route n chill outdoors and do other free stuff

If y'all ha e dinner and decide ur not paying once done....

That's a problem....nobody wants a cheapo.

If u actually somehow bring it up prior than kudos to you....otherwise
go the alternative route n chill outdoors and do other free stuff

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If the date is going well and there are good vibes, then why not treat? Of course it can be reciprocated, but it's easy to tell if your date is going well or not. 
If the date is going well, meaning BOTH sides agree that the OTHER person is entertaining, why should it be on ONE side to "treat." You don't see how that is subconsciously "thanking" that person for gracing you with their presence?

Don't say it isn't that serious or too much thought is being put into it please. Yall like using that as a cop out answer.
laugh.gif

If the date is going well and there are good vibes, then why not treat? Of course it can be reciprocated, but it's easy to tell if your date is going well or not. 
If the date is going well, meaning BOTH sides agree that the OTHER person is entertaining, why should it be on ONE side to "treat." You don't see how that is subconsciously "thanking" that person for gracing you with their presence?

Don't say it isn't that serious or too much thought is being put into it please. Yall like using that as a cop out answer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

laugh.gif

DC...it's not that serious.  Some of yall over-think things.  Maybe it's just me, but when I was single, I could tell how the date would turn out within the first 10-15 minutes.  As far as paying for dinner, all I was saying is that there shouldn't be a problem if both people OFFER to pay if the date is going well (in my shoes, if there's some sort of spark, I'll happily pay).  I'll 100% go dutch if the date sucks and you pretty much know if you're not going to go out w. that person again.

Again...it all goes down to intuition and doing what feels right TO YOU.  This is nothing that "Tariq" or anyone else can teach you....folks need to quit getting advice from people who have never walked in their shoes and just go with their gut.  How else are you going to learn what works for YOU? 

laugh.gif

DC...it's not that serious.  Some of yall over-think things.  Maybe it's just me, but when I was single, I could tell how the date would turn out within the first 10-15 minutes.  As far as paying for dinner, all I was saying is that there shouldn't be a problem if both people OFFER to pay if the date is going well (in my shoes, if there's some sort of spark, I'll happily pay).  I'll 100% go dutch if the date sucks and you pretty much know if you're not going to go out w. that person again.

Again...it all goes down to intuition and doing what feels right TO YOU.  This is nothing that "Tariq" or anyone else can teach you....folks need to quit getting advice from people who have never walked in their shoes and just go with their gut.  How else are you going to learn what works for YOU? 

Dating..I'm not about that life. If I'm feeling a girl I might take her out to a nice park where there's ton a free stuff to do especially in NYC, with a couple smoothies. If the girl's right I might offer to buy lunch after at a diner or something. I can also invite her out to a museum, whether it be an art or preservative one just to pick her brain and test her intellectual level. This goes very far, and if impressed I'd might then again offer lunch, but this is far as I'll go. From this point on the executive decision is on me on whether to smash or not. Works well in college due to the wide range of selection. Besides that, at this age I'm not looking to exert all my time, money, and energy on a young girl who does not know what she want. I'll choose my Charlie Harper life for now, word to my sig.

Bury me G

Dating..I'm not about that life. If I'm feeling a girl I might take her out to a nice park where there's ton a free stuff to do especially in NYC, with a couple smoothies. If the girl's right I might offer to buy lunch after at a diner or something. I can also invite her out to a museum, whether it be an art or preservative one just to pick her brain and test her intellectual level. This goes very far, and if impressed I'd might then again offer lunch, but this is far as I'll go. From this point on the executive decision is on me on whether to smash or not. Works well in college due to the wide range of selection. Besides that, at this age I'm not looking to exert all my time, money, and energy on a young girl who does not know what she want. I'll choose my Charlie Harper life for now, word to my sig.

Bury me G

What does Tariq have to do with anything? LOL. Use that on one of these HS NT dudes that haven't been in those situations. If I need to think about whether or not I should pay for a female, then I shouldn't be/won't even take her to a place that money is involved. Point blank. Which is why I am personally against spending money on strangers.

What does Tariq have to do with anything? LOL. Use that on one of these HS NT dudes that haven't been in those situations. If I need to think about whether or not I should pay for a female, then I shouldn't be/won't even take her to a place that money is involved. Point blank. Which is why I am personally against spending money on strangers.

This works for you and that's great....however, I do/did things differently.  I never put "rules" in place for dating.  I did what was right to me. 

Back
Top Bottom