HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

if we match Parsons, Mavs are screwed 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Big middle finger to Cuban  

Beverly/Johnson
Harden/Daniels
Parsons/Ariza
Jones/Dmo
Dwight

This is before we match Parsons, and we still have 8 million we can potentially spend before we match. That could be Carlos boozer + more bench guys then match Parsons.

And then we still have 2 good trade exceptions.

Look up, the sky isn't falling

"@BimaThug: If Rockets can convince WAS, NOP to convert Asik deal into 3-tm deal (Asik to NOP; NG'teed deals+2nd rdr to WAS; Ariza+Pels pick to HOU)Rockets could get Ariza, match Parsons, all while still preserving their MLE, BAE and $8.4M Lin TPE. Ideal scenario for Houston."

Please let that happen. Still have to ask once again, who will be backing up Dwight? Is Drew Gooden a FA? There had to be somebody out there 6'10"+ 240+ who can play 17 minutes a game. I am not a fan of having to rely on small ball as a crutch for not having (or using) a backup center

Please let that happen. Still have to ask once again, who will be backing up Dwight? Is Drew Gooden a FA? There had to be somebody out there 6'10"+ 240+ who can play 17 minutes a game. I am not a fan of having to rely on small ball as a crutch for not having (or using) a backup center

again, you'll probably hate me :lol:

jason smith or alexis ajinca. most have probably never heard of either. ajinca is a 7 footer. jason smith is a "stretch 5". both 7 foot and decent.

For once, I know both of them and either of them would be fine :lol:. If I remember correctly, 1 of them or even both burned to Rockets in a game or two last year

Last edited:
Since Ariza came back, can Bostjan Nachbar also comeback?

Haven't been able to follow all this stuff closely, but I trust Morey will make the right moves for us.

Morey definitely needs to sort out the pf spot, backup center, and maybe a guy off the bench that can create off the dribble (DJ Augustin?) and we'd have a pretty decent rotation come October

stolen from clutchfans.

why we should match parsons:

I think the Rockets absolutely match and here is my reasoning.

Les has always been willing to go up to the Luxury Tax Threshold. He has stated that for the right players he would be willing to go over the threshold. After signing Ariza, the Rockets could match Parsons contract, still give Daniels a nice contract, sign Nick Johnson, Clint Capela with one roster spot still open and a lot of room before reaching the threshold.

Dwight Howard $21,436,271
James Harden $14,728,844
Chan Parsons $14,700,000
Trever Ariza $8,600,000
Terrence Jones $1,618,680
D Motiejunas $1,483,920
Troy Daniels $1,500,000
Josh Powell $1,310,286
Omri Casspi $1,063,384
Clint Capela $991,000
Pat Beverley $915,243
Isaiah Canaan $816,482
R Covington $816,482
Nick Johnson $900,000
Total Salary $70,880,592​
The new Tax Threshold is $76,825,000 per team. The Rockets would still be 6 million dollars away from the tax threshold. As BimaThug suggested earlier, the Rockets could turn their trade with NO for Asik into a 3 way trade in order to get Ariza on a sign and trade which would preserve the MLE, Bi-Annual and JLin Trade Exceptions.

1. $6 million below the Tax Threshold
2. 1 available roster spot
3. Non-Tax Payer Mid Level Exception worth $5,305,000.00
4. Bi-Annual Exception worth $2,732,000.00
5. JLin Trade Exception worth $8,500,000
6. 1st round probable lottery pick 2015
7. 4 non-guaranteed contracts (Powell, Casspi, Beverly & Covington) worth $4,105,395 total

It makes no since to not match Chandlers contract from a basketball standpoint either. Ariza and Daniels would go a long way on reducing the minutes of both Chandler Parsons and James Harden while adding quality 3 point shooting (something the Rockets were sorely missing last season).

The only thing left is what do you do with the 15th roster spot? Ryan Anderson (via TE and Draft Pick)? Omeka Okafor? I would suspect that Daryl Morey would leave that spot open for now just to see if someone becomes available during the season, then he has a roster spot and trade exception or MLE to do his magic.

Last edited:
Since we brought back Ariza might as well try & get Dragic back as well.

my only issue is, how do we resign him after his contract ends? (next year i believe)

i'm ok with it, IF it doesn't hinder us from addressing our PF and back up C spots.

the other part of me wonders, will dragic be the phoenix dragic, or the houston dragic? will harden hinder him, or enhance who he is?

Id take Dragic back in a heartbeat but Harden would hinder him :smh:. I watched a lot of those Phoenix games and it wouldn't work with Harden. Kinda crazy how Lowry, Dragic and Ariza started balling when they left.

Harden worked with Westbrook Dragic worked with Bledsoe. Dragic can also shoot so he could space the floor while being the secondary ball handler and attack a collapsing defense.

Since we brought back Ariza might as well try & get Dragic back as well.

my only issue is, how do we resign him after his contract ends? (next year i believe)

i'm ok with it, IF it doesn't hinder us from addressing our PF and back up C spots.

the other part of me wonders, will dragic be the phoenix dragic, or the houston dragic? will harden hinder him, or enhance who he is?

Well if we match Parsons most likely we're gonna be locked into this particular unit so we will probably have to build going forward around this.

Granted he keeps improving I'm fine with keeping Jones at the 4, he compliments Dwight well.

As much as I want Parsons being a Mavs fan, I'm feeling that Morey is just trolling us and will match the offer come 11 tonight.

Just cannot see him handing over one of his best players to Cuban, his rival. Smh...

Harden worked with Westbrook Dragic worked with Bledsoe. Dragic can also shoot so he could space the floor while being the secondary ball handler and attack a collapsing defense.

This season Dragic was able to cook so much because Bledsoe wasn't there and injured. That why this was his coming out season. idk maybe your right though

Haven't been in here in a min but whats yall take on Parsons

Yall hoping we match or naw?

Yall cool with him getting 15 mil a season?

Well...

There goes that question 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sad to see Chandler go but at 15 mil Mavs can have him imo

He was a big part of success but no way is he worth that much. 

Im Interested to see where Morey goes from here

Houston decided that the contract was too constraining to future roster building to keep Chandler Parsons. He goes to Mavs now.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
July 13, 2014
Rockets were torn over decision, source said, but ultimately decided they would not be a championship team and would have no room to build.

— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen)
July 13, 2014
The decision largely came down to whether the Rockets were good enough with a big three of Harden, Howard and Parsons.

— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen)
July 13, 2014
Washington and Houston have agreed to a sign-and-trade for Trevor Ariza, league source tells Yahoo. Wizards get $8.5M trade exception.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)
July 13, 2014

Back
Top Bottom