HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Marion would be decent…we could play him as a 4 some nights..Bev/Harden/ariza/marion/Howard…small ball baby 
pimp.gif

I hope Morey is looking into a backup center 
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

i'm the opposite :lol:

i'm TIRED of small ball. i'd rather a harden/ariza/marion/???/howard lineup. length at every position.

Yea I detest small ball. Pretty sure we ran a Lin/Bev/Canaan lineup at least once or twice last year. I think Brooks was included earlier in the year

View media item 1077820I have no doubt Love will be in Cleveland sooner or later, but what exactly do we have to have a shot at Rondo?? Lin, Asik, and Parsons are already gone.

the lottery pick we got from new orleans is the same type of pick that got us harden. we have a lot of non guaranteed contracts too. if there's an avenue, daryl will look for it.

realistically, if we were to offer beverly, the pelicans pick, non guaranteed contracts, dmo for rondo, would yall be opposed? i doubt it :lol:

Yea I detest small ball. Pretty sure we ran a Lin/Bev/Canaan lineup at least once or twice last year. I think Brooks was included earlier in the year
I remember that lineup 
sick.gif

Im saying, some nights, small ball will be really effective.. But we really do need a pf that can guard the likes of Zbo, LMA, etc… I pray to god that Stompa is working on his defense 
tired.gif

basically any player that makes an annual salary around 8 million is a target for the rockets.

rockets resigned troy daniels!

I'm eager to see what Troy can do next year as part of the rotation.

Bucks are shopping Ersan Ilyasova, I know he's been discussed here already, but what do you guys think? I like the skill set he brings offensively. Although I'm not sure Morey is down to trade for him because of his contract. 8 mil the next two seasons I believe

I'm eager to see what Troy can do next year as part of the rotation.

Bucks are shopping Ersan Ilyasova, I know he's been discussed here already, but what do you guys think? I like the skill set he brings offensively. Although I'm not sure Morey is down to trade for him because of his contract. 8 mil the next two seasons I believe

we have an 8 million dollar trade exception. i'm sure the bucks would take that to get ilyasova off their books. he's got 3 more years, including this upcoming season. i wonder how "tradeable" that contract would be

i like troy considering he'll take and make a lot of 3s. i think nick johnson is gonna be in the d league :frown:

and you have to change your avy now :frown: :frown: :frown:

Last edited:
If Morey is thinking flexibility to acquire that elusive third star then I'm not sure he makes that move, I just know he can really stretch the floor for us at the 4.

we could get dragic. i wouldn't mind him starting and beverly off the bench. dragic is a solid defender too, and just flat out better than bev. probably trade canaan somewhere. he's been good in the d league, i just don't know if he's good enough to stick in the nba.

Definitely want to see what Troy can do in an increased role, and by the looks of it, we may even need Nick Johnson and Capela to do something :lol:.

So ummm...how bout that backup center situation...Smith and Anjessica available or nah? Camby? Thabeet :rolleyes

that article is pure comedy.

"Honestly, I was offended by the whole process," Parsons told Yahoo Sports on Monday in a phone interview. "They publicly said that they were going out looking for a third star when I thought they had one right in front of them. I guess that's just how they viewed me as a player. I don't think I've scratched the surface of where I can be as a player and I think I'm ready for that role.

"You can't knock them for always trying to get better. [Houston general manager] Daryl Morey is very aggressive, is a genius, a great GM and I have nothing but respect for those guys. And they are looking to make their team better. That's what they were doing. I just thought I could be that guy that could do that."

does he not realize that we were trying to get another star first because that was the only way under the cap rules we could do it? we couldn't sign him first, or we easily would've then got the other star.

on the mavericks:

"They really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

does he not realize the mavs did go for bosh and melo, just got denied faster than everyone?

seriously. i really lost respect for him. his arrogance is on another level.

offended that we tried to add multiple time all stars and all nba team members first, so then we could match him and form the best team in the nba?

Really like the Ariza pickup.

Hate to lose Chandler Bang, but Trevor's the superior defender and pairs better w/ Harden.

Hopefully we make him feel welcome. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom