HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

phoenix just got lil zeke. they've said they'll match anything though, but that's still a weird signing. i just don't see us targeting any RFAs. we're pretty much keeping our same team, adding nick johnson and clint capela (maybe, not sure on him yet), and then role players to fill out the bench.

don't shoot the messenger guys.

what if we match parsons, resign daniels, and use our TPE to acquire ilyasova and zaza pachulia from the bucks?

zaza is a decent defender/backup center.

ilyasova had a down year last year, but i think it was due to health. he's still relatively young. 2 years ago he shot 45% from 3. did it the year before that too.

just posting ideas i see on twitter/clutchfans

Marion is an intriguing thought…and Ariza… I don't think we're going to match Parsons quite honestly 

Last edited:
Marion is an intriguing thought…and Ariza… I don't think we're going to match Parsons quite honestly 

i'm almost willing to bet my username we match parsons.

almost.

if we don't match, we have 16 million in cap.

or we can spend the 16 million, and then still match.

or we can match, then use our MLE BAE and TPE's to generate 3-4 more players.

Chirs Bosh can go **** himself. I would not be mad with Ersan or even Ryan Anderson, but they way Bosh spurned us at the last minute is really going to put Morey's skills to the test.

Morey will pull through and Jones isn't a bad option as a 4. If he could be a backup 4 and we sign Ersan....look out league. Dude is underrated and when healthy, he puts up numbers. And there will be openings on offensive with people keying in on Howard/Harden.

He did more with less with the Bucks and can't wait to see him play for Houston if he plays here.

don't shoot the messenger guys.

what if we match parsons, resign daniels, and use our TPE to acquire ilyasova and zaza pachulia from the bucks?

zaza is a decent defender/backup center.

ilyasova had a down year last year, but i think it was due to health. he's still relatively young. 2 years ago he shot 45% from 3. did it the year before that too.

just posting ideas i see on twitter/clutchfans

I'm definitely down with this more than anything else, especially the idea if having Josh Smith and his awful contract :x. I still wonder how cheap Kris Humpfries would be, cause even though he's a cornball goof, he's still a rebounding machine. I'm also interested in Birdman to backup Howard, but we'd probably have to give him more money than we should since he is willing to probably play in Cleveland for peanuts. I also say we match Parsons no matter what. You can't miss out on Bosh or Melo AND lose Parsons to Dallas. Unless y'all are expecting Jones and D-Mo to elevate their games to prime KG and Dirk levels overnight, Parsons shouldn't be apart of the Mavs.

I was in full blown panic mode yesterday. I'm much more confident now. Knowing that matching Parsons doesn't really stop us from making other moves makes me feel better

Last edited:
Nick Johnson, one positive sign for us fans 
smokin.gif

Oh, and Jlin (and hongcouver?) is gone 
smokin.gif

That airball against Miami will never be forgotten 

Morey just cant get desperate and do something he will regret forever...like Josh Smith

I like that Ersan idea as a pickup.

Parsons deal should be matched asap.

hey guys. you know that anthony morrow guy i've been talking about for weeks.

OKC signed him for 3 years 10 million.

i'm almost willing to bet my username we match parsons.

almost.

if we don't match, we have 16 million in cap.

or we can spend the 16 million, and then still match.

or we can match, then use our MLE BAE and TPE's to generate 3-4 more players.
I'll take that bet... we will find out tonight.

Looks like y'all will be getting Ariza... and us Mavs gonna get Parsons 
nthat.gif

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 1m
The Houston Rockets have agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with Trevor Ariza, @USATODAYsports has learned.

yup, bye Parsons… good luck to him…Im sure us rockets fans are happy for him, but lets be honest, he's not worth 15 mil/year.. 

welcome back again ariza, hopefully the second time is much sweeter

Unless, we still match Parsons? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
We can keep the same starting 5, subtract Lin and Asik from the bench, add Ariza still have 8 million to spend, then match Parsons.

AND we have trade exceptions still. One worth 8.3 and one worth 5.4

Back
Top Bottom