HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Pau + Morrow + Daniels then match Parsons. Basically the same roster, Pau starts over Jones, Jones Morrow Daniels Johnson are our bench.

Is Greg Monroe a FA, or has he re-signed with Detroit already? Him > Pau. Hell, would rather even have Kris Humphries for cheap

Is Greg Monroe a FA, or has he re-signed with Detroit already? Him > Pau. Hell, would rather even have Kris Humphries for cheap

Monroe is a RFA. Slim chance there.

No thanks to Pau..Besides, didn't Howard say he doesn't like playing with Pau? 

Only saying pau because he's loyally the only viable option at PF. unless Jones has been taking HGH all offseason

man this sucks so bad…Bosh trolled us twice 
tired.gif
tired.gif

and I understand what you're saying @do work son  about Pau, and quite honestly, we might not have any other options at that 4 spot...
tired.gif
tired.gif

Beverly/Johnson
Harden/Morrow/Daniels
Parsons/Covington
Pau/Jones
Howard/Capela?/Dmo

Obviously not all are possible, but maybe sub in Vince Carter or Shawn Marion somewhere

Man, as much as I want to say F Bosh and his trolling ***... Hard to leave at least 35plus million on the table. 118 > Low 80's.

regardless I feel sick.

Also the more I see that pic of Chandler and Cuban the more I want #25 to stay is *** up i45.

On a side note, with Lin leaving, I'm going to miss his telegraphed right handed penetrating drive into no man's land and leaves his feet without making a decision and turns the ball over routine - says no Rockets fan ever.

If we signed parsons would it count against our books for next year?

Could we offer love a max next year? :nerd:

"@BimaThug: Can match Parsons than operate OVER the cap. Will have full MLE ($5.3M), BAE ($2.1M), $8.4M TPE (Lin) & plenty of NG'teed deals to trade."

We're in a much better spot then I initially thought we were. I'll do a little more research tonight and let y'all know what our options are going forward.

Last edited:
On a side note, with Lin leaving, I'm going to miss his telegraphed right handed penetrating drive into no man's land and leaves his feet without making a decision and turns the ball over routine - says no Rockets fan ever.

Personally, I was gonna miss his ill advised 1 on 3 fastbreaks that became turnovers or horribly forced shots. Good riddance.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand another one bites the dust. vince carter to the grizzlies. 3 years 12 million.

anyways, here's the new scenarios i've been thinking about.

we still have 16 million in cap space, which we can use any way we please before we match parsons. we need a big man, but the ones left on the market aren't that great, considering we aren't getting pau. guys like ed davis, kris humphries, dejuan blair, andray blatche.

or we match parsons first, then we have those exceptions i mentioned earlier. 5.3 might be enough to get morrow and daniels. 2 million for ed davis or birdman? then with the trade exception, we might have an outside play at rondo. very outside, and we'd have to give up the pelicans pick next year, but still possible.

daryl still has option. the parsons timeline just screws everything up.

i also hope we take marion from them, just because. hopefully we hold out long enough before matching and they get no one

At this point we're looking at just trying to fill out the roster, none of the names out there are really going to do anything for us as fans.

We'll see how my dude Morey salvages this one but it's just a really bad situation to be in. I had such high hopes :smh:

Really can't believe Riley went over the top and threw Bosh the max. All of us amped once Lebron chose Cleveland. Then the Lin trade. itshappening.gif. Then bam. We'll find out if Morey can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

so i'm reading clutch fans. people are saying we can match parsons. use the MLE (5.3 million) on marion or whoever. sign troy daniels with the BAE (2.1 million)..

here's the nutty part. someone said with the trade exception we have, could be worth up to 8 million. they proposed dmo + pelicans pick for...josh smith :x

now i'm thinking, josh smith can't shoot worth a damn. i want no parts, even if he is an elite defender. but then i'm thinking. it's possible to trade for a player worth up to 13.5 million, considering that's what smith makes. rondo is in that range :nerd:

i don't have a definitive answer yet, but not all is lost.

Just reading about Josh Smith and the rockets makes me mad.

I'm convinced Morey is trying to get either rondo or love. Both longshots obviously because there are better offers out there, but if Minny isn't getting wiggins then why would it want to trade Love to Cleveland?

I don't know what Boston can offer for love. And we know GSW isn't budging on Klay.

Again man, at this you're just trying to fill out the roster and then match Parsons.

KD to Houston in 2016 I suppose...

Still kinda holding out hope Melo jumps aboard. Would love, Love, but I just don't see what the Rockets really got to offer.

Eric Bledsoe really intriques me but PHX will match any offer he gets I believe. Plus I don't think we can offer him anything without renouncing our rights to parsons.

Our options are really slim right now.

Eric Bledsoe really intriques me but PHX will match any offer he gets I believe. Plus I don't think we can offer him anything without renouncing our rights to parsons.

Our options are really slim right now.
PHX just did a sign and trade for Isiah thomas so Bledsoe might be available, we need somebody to start at point or back up Beverly

Back
Top Bottom