HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

We'll see what Daryl is made of. He's got 72 hours give or take to trade 4 players, sign bosh, then match.

We all realize that the Rockets could do Parsons/Bosh and just wait till 2016 for the cap to automatically catch up and take them out of tax right?

I don't see any situation where we don't match Parsons. The fact it's only a 3 year deal bodes well us. If he continues to develops as a player, we'll be able to move him if need be.

Exactly. The cap will go up, and we won't be handcuffed. Parsons and Howard probably opt out in 2 years anyways for more money.

I did some thinking last night, and I think we're fine with or without bosh.

If we sign bosh, we match Parsons, and we keep a core of harden Parsons bosh Howard for the next couple seasons.

If we don't sign bosh, we have until Sunday to spend 17 million give or take, our MLE and whatever trade exceptions we have on a better bench, then resign Parsons. It would essentially be keeping the same starting 5, but vastly upgrading our bench. No more omri casspi , Francisco Garcia.

wonder what's taking LBJ so long to announce that he's going to Cleveland 
nerd.gif

Bosh is waiting….

I don't think we're getting bosh, unless lbj announces this afternoon. Not enough time to clear all the room, and sign bosh before the clock on Parsons runs out

I don't think we're getting bosh, unless lbj announces this afternoon. Not enough time to clear all the room, and sign bosh before the clock on Parsons runs out
LBJ will announce sometime after the World Cup finals on Sunday. He said he is going to it, so I guess we won't see what happens until next week.

LBJ will announce sometime after the World Cup finals on Sunday. He said he is going to it, so I guess we won't see what happens until next week.

your source?

it's in our best interest to pass on bosh, sign what we can before sunday, then match parsons.

Bosh and Lebron waiting on Lebron makes then look like such goofs :lol: they're probably stressing out and Lebron is probably all "doo doo do doooo Summer League hmm hmm hmmmmm World Cup"

pass on bosh.

trade lin. resign daniels. sign either pau/jordan hill, anthony morrow, maybe even vince carter. can probably get all of those guys. we keep our starting 5 (move jones to the bench for pau), and upgrade a 54 win team

Howard is opting out in 2 years anyways. Just bolster
:x at the thought of me having to type #PopIt4Pau

the worst part would be his defense, but he can't be much worse against big 4s than jones who just doesn't have size. pau at 15 ft opens the floor for everyone. he's just a smart basketball player

Personally, I wouldn't match Parsons 
ohwell.gif

I mean 15 mil? 
mean.gif

If we don't get Bosh and we lose Parsons, it would definitely be tough but I trust that Morey will find us better replacement

Personally, I wouldn't match Parsons :\
I mean 15 mil? :smh:
If we don't get Bosh and we lose Parsons, it would definitely be tough but I trust that Morey will find us better replacement

if we don't get bosh and lose parsons, we have 17 million in cap space. guys like ariza, deng, pierce are all gonna want 10 million at least. that 10 million towards the cap is worse than parsons 15 that doesn't go against the cap.

if we don't get bosh, we have 17 million in cap space to spend on FAs, and can sign parsons with no harm done to the cap.

i've also heard just sign both, and wait for the cap to go up in 2-3 years. by that time, dwight will opt out (more money) and we'll have 50+ million committed to bosh parsons and harden.

imo, it's in our best interest now and going forward to pass on bosh, hurry and sign some FAs before the 72 hours is up, then match parsons offer. keep the same starting 5 (unless we upgrade the PF and put tjones on the bench) that just won 54 games in a stacked west.

to get bosh and parsons, we literally have to decimate the roster, and can't sign any bench guys worth a damn.

beverly
harden
parsons
tjones
howard

nick johnson
troy daniels
dmo

with all that we have 16-17 in cap space and MLE i think.

potential guys to add include

pau
jordan hill
anthony morrow
vince carter
shawn marion

3 of those guys, maybe 4 sounds better to me than 1 bosh and no bench. and much better than lin/casspi/garcia, asik i'm still undecided on. he was good but had marginal value to us considering he only played 40 something games at 20 minutes per night.

Time 4 Wizard Maori 2 unveil his masterstroke of genius. 

Game on and cheers to you Maaark Cuban!
devil.gif

A LeBron Decision b4 i3rasil gives us plenty of time to get creative.

Hopefully everything comes together last minute.
glasses.gif

nerd.gif
Ray Felton?  Dayum!  Starting to look like Mike Sweetney bruh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom