HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

houston may have to consider moving parsons and lin+asik if they want to attract a big name that is already locked into a long deal (ie. love, rondo)
are they willing to pay parsons $$$ to be that third guy. some team will offer him a fairly lucrative deal.

the more i think about it, if push comes to shove they'll do it. i can't imagine morey would let resigning parsons get in the way of getting a 3rd star. i'm really worrying about how we handle his deal.

man. just think if lin and asik were expiring this year. 16 million extra cap space, plus the extra 5 from next year. 21 million could get us 3 solid pieces.

Watching that Lillard replay again, TJones seriously served no purpose on that play :x :lol:. He didn't attempting to distract on the inbound pass, nor did he try to go over to contest Lillard's shot, and he really had a chance to. A double contest was right there in play. Jesus Christ.

I think Rondo would fit great here 
pimp.gif

He would get Howard a ton more easy looks along with Harden and the rest of the team.

The countless number of times that Howard has been open under the rim for either an ally or just a dunk is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

This happened soooo many times throughout the season and even in the playoffs 

and what did Lin or Harden do? just keep dribbling around doin nothing smh

Those are EASY buckets 

Problem I still see is im hoping if a deal does come up we can keep Parsons if not who will replace him

We are still lacking perimeter defenders im trusting Morey can find some good role players

We need blue collar guys that are gonna give it there all every time they step on the court like bev

Im looking at guys like Draymond Green, Dejuan Blair, PJ Tucker.. We need players like that on our team to fill in the bench

I still like Garcia and wouldnt mind him sticking around, Daniels should have a roster spot locked up, I want no part of Casspi on the team, I think Jham is a FA so let em walk, Covington could actually be moved up and have consistent mins if he plays well

We get a few more guys on minimum deals and we are pretty good

Sidenote watching PPat play reminded me of how much we could have really used him this season and in the playoffs 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Hes that stretch four that can also get down in the paint and rebound some not that bad of a defender either.

If we keep TJones he needs to live in that weight room this offseason 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Boys was getting bodied wayyyy to many times smh

I've seen people bring up PPatt/TJones talk multiple times, but really, if PPatt was still here, I don't think there would've been any difference. They're basically the same player with subtle differences. PPatt can shoot FTs better and has somewhat of a better post game, and TJones is more athletic and I feel has way more upside. PPatt will pretty much be what he is now for the rest of his career. TJones could still improve hugely, whether he's in a Rockets uni or not. They even have the same type of attitude as far as being mellow even keel dudes :lol: (besides TJ stompin)

View media item 955054

Trade won't happen though

5 - Dwight

4/3 - Jeff Green
2 - Harden
1 - Rondo

Rumor: Boston Celtics Want to Trade Jeff Green

This is largely because we have no idea what Danny Ainge's rebuilding plans are. Will he try to build around Rajon Rondo? Does he like the young players on the roster, or will he use them to acquire a flashier name? What exactly will he do with all of the team's draft picks?

Jeff Green is one of the bigger question marks. Now that the Celtics aren't competing for a title, they're paying him an awfully large amount of money for the production they're getting. From what we've seen, it's hard to believe that he could be a building block.

According to Sam Smith of NBA.com, league executives believe Boston wants to deal Jeff Green. Smith revives the idea of Green going to the Houston Rockets, where the Celtics would likely put together some sort of package to receive Omer Asik, who is clearly unhappy as Dwight Howard's backup.

I disagree with ya peep about them being pretty much the same

1st off PPat has actual bball IQ while TJones more times than not is just outta there
mean.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

all the little things like boxing out or switching on d or setting solid picks.. TJones is pretty bad at that while PPat at least is in the game

yea ppat can shoot better a the FT line and does have a nice little post up game but he can also shoot the 3 ball consistently..

Thats pretty much the biggest thing between them. Thats why i brought him up because he would of imo helped out tremendously in the playoffs with the ability to shoot consistently from 3. Not to mention I doubt he wouldve got handled as bad as TJones by LMA not saying he woulda shut em down but he wouldve at least made em work some.

Yea this is pretty much PPat ceiling but its not bad at all lol. Hes a blu collar guy that gonna come in and work everytime. A solid bench player

TJones definitely has higher upside he just has to keep working.

Get in that weight room, improve his technique on defense along with boxing out, and add some post moves hell be good 
pimp.gif

If he can consistently start hitting the 3 thats always a plus too

I don't mind Rondo, but again you can't force things to fit. I think team chemistry is really underrated, granted you need great players, chemistry, etc. to win a championship. I just don't know if Harden would be down with not having the ball as much and how upset he would be about it, this isn't 2K. I've always said I want someone who is a knockdown shooter next to harden and who can play decent defense ( fisher in his prime).

- you need to upgrade the bench, find a 3/2 that can play defense
- get an assistant coach who can coach the hell out of defense
- find someone else at the 4/5. Can the Rockets for once get a 4 with some length? I don't think D-Mo is the guy because he just isn't consistent enough

My dream scenario would be to somehow get Kevin Love out here, again you run into the making it all fit problem. Although the defense on this team wouldn't be any better with him at the 4.

I'm still just so dissapointed that they didn't make it out of the first round.

View media item 955054

Trade won't happen though

5 - Dwight

4/3 - Jeff Green
2 - Harden
1 - Rondo

i want no parts of jeff green :lol: dude is just too inconsistent.

if we did get him, he'd be a nice SF that can defend but that price tag is so damn high :x

we still would be far below average at the 4 spot, and have no backup depth at center.

greg monroe and eric bledsoe are FAs this year :frown: imagine adding those 2 and having a starting 5 of

beverly
harden
parsons
monroe
howard

with bledsoe coming off the bench.

/fantasy

Those videos further go along with the notion that the players like McHale. He was probably safe the whole time.

Still sucks the way the season ended but I hope they practice why they preach in terms of buying in terms of everyone being on the same page & being focused going into next season.

I wonder what we do about hiring assistants to surround McHale. The defense got much worse when Sampson left

ill believe Harden when he actually does it. Im talkin bout the part where he saying he needs to get better on d...

Lets not forget that at the beginning of the season he was talking about how he was gonna guard the #1 option of the other team and how he wanted that challenge and ****

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
mad.gif
roll.gif

How did that work out smh 
laugh.gif

I wonder what we do about hiring assistants to surround McHale. The defense got much worse when Sampson left
1 more tidbit I heard

Rockets may bring a special assistant in for training camp...

Name mentioned to me was Bruce Bowen. A defensive minded player/coach to help Harden and some of the other guys (but more specifically James).
Not all Rockets players are thrilled about McHale returning. 

Also - Morey mulling adding an associate coach, just like McMillan is in Indiana.
Dwight=in support of McHale

Parsons as well
From some dude in the know

Everybody is in support of the coach til **** hits the fan early. Better hope this team is like 39-16 at a certain point in the season

This team will win 55+ just off talent, Unless we have a lakers type season, McHale will only lose his job in the playoffs. I just don't want to waste another season by being out coached in the playoffs.

HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander plans to add a significant player to his roster and he expects his team to be greatly improved for the 2014-15 season.

"We're going to have cap room to bring in a terrific free agent and I think next year we'll be a lot better than we were this year," Alexander said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

"I think the nucleus is great. I think we have two of the brightest stars in the league. We have players who are going to be much better next year, young guys. We have a very good nucleus."

Alexander said he saw his team show important growth this season and in the playoffs.

"I think we improved as the season went along," Alexander said. "I think we improved in the playoffs as it went along. I think it took us a year to lose (in the playoffs), and with the young guys knowing what it takes to win, I think we'll be a terrific team next year, better than this year."

The Rockets finished the regular season with a 54-28 record, before losing in six games to Portland in the first round of the playoffs.

"We won 54 games," Alexander said. "It's tough to win 54 games in the NBA and the West is so stacked, it's hard.

"We were the youngest team in the league in the playoffs. Just that alone will get us much better. I thought the team played hard. They did what they could and when you lose the other team was better."

Alexander was at the Moda Center in Portland when the Trail Blazers eliminated the Rockets 99-98 after guard Damian Lillard hit the game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer.

"Unfortunately, they had the right guy taking it, Lillard," Alexander said. "He's a killer and when I saw the ball in his hands I thought it was going to go in.

"You got to hand it to Portland. They were just a little better."
Melo, Dirk, Bosh, Bron 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Gon be an interesting off season 

hopefully we can land a big name

:lol: :lol: at the thought of us possibly going after Dirk. Not saying he woundnt benefit, but come on, he IS the Mavericks, Cuban wouldn't let him go, and he could spend money more wisely somewhere else. I actually forgot about Bosh, but I just don't see him opting out unless he truly wants to be sort of a stand alone guy. Other than that, he really doesn't have a reason to opt out, thought if the Heat lose, that could possibly benefit us. Not sure though.

i think bosh is the one guy that definitely wouldn't opt out, because he might not get another max deal. he did improve toward the end of the season though so i might just be making that up.

can someone summarize those exit interview videos? i honestly just don't have the heart to watch them as much as i want to.

^So far I just watched the Lin and Parsons ones. Pretty much they were just going over the season and talking about what they would have done different and what they expect for next year. They were also asked what they'd be doing right now (whether watching the playoffs, etc.) and random stuff like that. I'll watch Dwight and Harden's tomorrow, and I'll post Daniels, Bev, Jones, and DMo's tomorrow unless somebody beats me to it. Parsons vid gave me the feels just cause he was asked about Lillard's shot.

Back
Top Bottom