HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

http://i.mobypicture.com/user/TomMartinKATC/view/16856780

sick.gif
mad.gif
mean.gif

Reminds me of "Coach Lin"

smh cant do nothing but laugh

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

One of the best things about being oversees on vacation was not watching any of the stressful rockets losses.  My heart is with you all, though.

Anyways, time to get rid of Lin, Asik and Parsons. (lin and asik for cap space, parsons for trade value)

Hell everyone other than Harden and Harden can go for all I care.  We need some veteran leadership too.

It would have been nice to have Chuck Hayes or someone similar this season.  

T. Jones needs to hit up the Hakeem The Dream Bootcamp.

Last edited:
I'm not one to point fingers but to see James Harden not move a muscle on that last play makes me mad as ****. Until we learn how to play defense we'll never win a championship. 

We really got jerked around by the refs all series.

We destroyed Portland in points in the paint by about 20-40 except for games 1 and 4. And yet, they shot as many FTs as us throughout the series. They literally defies basketball logic.

Yea, get rid if Parsons :rolleyes :rolleyes

Anyway, Lin, Asik, DMo and possibly TJones are the guys you part with. And I feel they can be replaced with legit upgrades (specifically Lin, Jones, and DMo). There's no reason to think that some Lopez type guy couldn't be found, or Mahimi/Brandon Wright/etc. DMo has been given a fair amount of chances, but seems like he'll be a casualty do to him not fully taking advantage of those chances, and as this playoffs have indicated, by simply not being used. And if you're not gonna use a guy, you may as well get rid of him. TJones has showed exactly that he could be a major player, but is a bad matchup for certain PFs, so unless he can just flat out play better, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in trade scenarios. A Mario Chalmers clone could replace Lin.

This has to be one of the closet series I've ever watched, which sucks cause it ended up 4-2 Blazers, and isn't at all out of the realm of going 4-2 the other way. The series overall point wise is a +2 for the Blazers. Simply 3 more FTs being made, or 1 or 2 missed 3s that could change every game. What a way to close the season.

Last edited:
In a game this series where we outscored Portland 68-30, they shot more free throws than us. McHale should've made noise and took the fine. It worked for Jason Kidd.

In a game this series where we outscored Portland 68-30, they shot more free throws than us. McHale should've made noise and took the fine. It worked for Jason Kidd.

Good thing he didn't. This hurt bad. Real bad.

At the least, McHale is gone. Right!?

Right?!!!

Does it not bother anyone else that Harden was even out there?

If anything, Lin (who didn't allow Lillard to score all 4th quarter should have been out there with a switch on EVERYTHING and to shadow ball side, especially Beverley and Harden, but nope. In addition TJones pressuring on the 2 point side with LA.

The nerve of McHale to say that was good defense and that's what he wanted in that situation.

More ranting. Currently wearing a rockets shirt and someone asked why I'm wearing that and we lost. Fair weather fans man, walked off saying keep it moving brah, still my team no matter what.

Last edited:
^Those fans are the worst, but this is also a city that didn't have an NFL team for 4 years, and either starting cheering for the Titans, Cowboys, Colts, or Patriots, or stopped watching altogether, so it's not surprising.

You could say who was at fault but honestly that shot was more cold blooded. Lillard clapped his hands for it asap like he knew he was gonna make it off that screen. **** happens...

Last edited:
That was an incredible shot once the smoke clears. Dude didn't hesitate and never once showed any fear throughout the playoffs. That pretty much masks any deficiencies on defense that he has.

Does it not bother anyone else that Harden was even out there?

If anything, Lin (who didn't allow Lillard to score all 4th quarter should have been out there with a switch on EVERYTHING and to shadow ball side, especially Beverley and Harden, but nope. In addition TJones pressuring on the 2 point side with LA.

The nerve of McHale to say that was good defense and that's what he wanted in that situation.

More ranting. Currently wearing a rockets shirt and someone asked why I'm wearing that and we lost. Fair weather fans man, walked off saying keep it moving brah, still my team no matter what.

I said the same thing at the end of one of the other games. There's no reason to have Harden out there when you know you're only playing 1 series of defense lol

Dwight being such a polarizing figure will shield McHale and harden from a lot of well deserved scrutiny

It was a great shot but it was pretty much wide open 

If someone is at least in his face and contesting it and he still makes it then I can live with it but when he gets a wide open look nawwwww someone does have to take blame

Lets not forget about the crucial FTs Howard missed down the line. I think he missed 4 straight smh 

He was in a good rhythm the whole night too Just get 1 outta 2 like shaq says and we woulda won

Theres a ton of other little things that we didnt do but last play was the dagger

rockets just couldnt close out the gms in the final mins
teams were so evenly matched

how lamarcus gets touch fouls from outside, while d12 barely gets whistle still baffles me

rockets just couldnt close out the gms in the final mins
teams were so evenly matched

how lamarcus gets touch fouls from outside, while d12 barely gets whistle still baffles me

All. Series. Long.

The discrepancy in points in the paint, yet we shoot similar free throw attempt numbers.

We had chances to close, and we didn't.

Combination of horrible coaching and execution

Back
Top Bottom