HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

We were a rebound in game 1. Lin holding on the ball in game 4. And a missed 3 away in game 6. Just needed to make those plays and we didn't. That were better defensive players, better coaching/basketball IQ, and execution comes in. That we will have to fix over the summer.

According to ESPN, McHale is coming back another season 
frown.gif
mean.gif

gotta imagine he'll have a very short leash. with all his shortcomings, we still had a very good chance to advance. wanna see what we do this offseason

great shot by Lillard
tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Congrats blazers, the better team won the series
frown.gif
frown.gif

What a great season guys, I know we all enjoyed every bit of it.... Next year, hopefully changes are made (coach, bench)
tired.gif

*sigh* .........

Next year, hopefully the rockets come back stronger than ever.... #REDNATION for life

Congrats blazers, the better team won the series
frown.gif
frown.gif
Not being biased or anything but don't agree with this at all

Rockets are clearly the better team and that's the sad part 
mean.gif
I meant, the blazers played better than us in this series...*sigh*

To think, we were all hoping for that 4th seed and praying that Portland would get that 5th so we can handle business and advance to the next round
tired.gif

I don't think any one if us saw LMA having 2 historical games on our home floor, nor Harden slumping for the better part of the series

While I didn't think he'd put up Wilt Chamberlain type thru those first 2 games I did think Aldridge would wreck our frontline cause he had did it all season long. Ditto with Lillard post Bev knee injury.

Looking back the 2 position we were deficient at is what got us beat, just gotta tip your cap to that team.

Hoping for a spurs sweep.

McHale back no surprises there. We need a serious defensive coordinator if he's still at the helm.

Still can't believe Lin and asik are getting 15 mil next season. Who's twisted enough to pick that up from us?

i'm anti rondo over here. the fact that we're keeping mchale means we aren't running any sort of offensive sets, negative rondo's strength.

lets just hope lebron walks and comes to houston.

problem solved.

i'm anti rondo over here. the fact that we're keeping mchale means we aren't running any sort of offensive sets, negative rondo's strength.

lets just hope lebron walks and comes to houston.

problem solved.
I thought we were getting Durant... so you mean to tell me we could have Bron and Durant? 
laugh.gif

Who was the ESPN guy that said Durant was going to come here? 
roll.gif

Jalen Rose

I don't get why folks get so caught up in Lin & Asik making 15 mil next year when they only coat 8.3 against the total salary cap. Why even care what they're actually getting those deals can be moved. Plus I have to believe Asik has gained a lot of his trade value back plus he's playing for another deal and he's not old.

:lol: @ people saying Lin and Asik are immovable, especially the way money has been thrown around heading into this season. As long as there's goofy GMs/owners, anyone could get moved, and in this case, Asik is easier to move than Lin. I do have this eerie feeling that they'll be involved in a trade with the Knicks, cause the Knicks have been getting screwed over by the Rockets for years :lol:. I just hope if Asik does get moved, they immediately address the backup center hole, instead of doing what the Texans have been doing with their nose tackle situation all these years.

I'm aware Rondo can't shoot, but what he does do well greatly outweighs the negatives.

For....

Rondo :lol:

I can't stand Rondo.... but he would fit so well with Harden and Howard.

I'd be all in on making that trade.

i'd like to think he would, but given the fact that we really don't run plays, and rely on free lance offense and perimeter shooting i don't think rondo fits.

our biggest concern right now is finding a team desperate for a solid rim protector. atlanta, dallas, new orleans, miami, phoenix, sacramento. we'd most likely have to do a 3 team deal as well

houston may have to consider moving parsons and lin+asik if they want to attract a big name that is already locked into a long deal (ie. love, rondo)
are they willing to pay parsons $$$ to be that third guy. some team will offer him a fairly lucrative deal.

Back
Top Bottom