HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Definitely can't blame it all on McHale, as Harden and Parsons didn't do much (though Parsons cane on late), and Lin didn't do anything with the bench. As far as McHale though, you brought up Daniels and Canaan, why aren't they playing? Why isn't Hamiliton playing, as he can actually defend? Why wasn't D-Mo used at all?? Now that's the stuff that gets you fired.

These 2 games have been soooooo frustrating to watch 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I predicted that Mcfail was gonna cost us bigtime but I didnt think it would be as early as the 1st round smh. I saw 2nd/3rd roound exit

Now we are facing being kicked out in the 1st ****** round 
mean.gif

And all the blame isnt really on him.. Harden has been garbage straight ****

Not giving up on em cuz hes still a very good player and hes young dab he'll figure it out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Howard was eating BUT it seemed to get the whole team out of sort

Boys werent moving and the offense was ugly

Most of this is Mcfail fault tho. he doesnt put his players in the best position to succeed 

All that said i have honestly lost hope and believe were gonna get kicked out in the 1st.

I really hope they can prove me wrong but I just dont see that hunger outta boys

One good thing that can come out of a 1st round exit is mcfail getting fired.

Really hope they dont act like the Texans and give em another shot to waste our window to get deep in the playoffs 

I still feel we can win this series if we can slow LMA down. It hasn't happened all season though so I don't know if they can figure it out now. Clearly, nothing we've tried so far has worked out so maybe he should try someone new like DMO?

There's also been a LOT of lack of hustle. We finally get a stop when we need it, but then everyone just stands around while they grab an offensive rebound. So frustrating.

Offensive movement was also lackadaisical. Harden seemed like he was thinking too much. I could tell when he missed that first shot when he had a wide open jumper from the ft line. He just needs to relax and play his game. At the end of the day, we're either going to live or die by him and right now we're dying.

Good points. I don't understand why DMo and the rest of the guys are not being used. LMA is out here scorching and McHale is over here on the sideline with the blank stare

The boys are hungry. Maybe this is just a wake up call and they thought running through the Blazers was going to be a cakewalk.

It's the playoffs...rotations always get shortened although Portland seems to be one of the few teams not following that trend

I get shortening the bench, but when you have a player burning you constantly. You need to look for some kind of adjustment. If we aren't hitting shot, like we haven't been, you need to figure something out to score. Dwight scored 7 second half points, we kept missing shots, but nothing changed. Maybe D-Mo's length is better at contesting LMA shot. Will we know? No cause we are just letting LMA run wild. Also the defense is just bad. More adjustments not being made. Only good thing if we get bounced is McHale could go, which would help.

Mo Williams, Wesley Matthews, and Robin Lopez should not at all have the impact on the games that they've been having.

Point blank, we haven't at all stopped Aldridge and harden has yet to play well.

Right now harden is playing like the player people complain about him being. Looking for whistles first and making the basket second. Hasn't shot from the perimeter well either.

True. It's crazy how these games have gone, cause in both games LMA is going off, but in the previous one Lillard went off too, but this one featured somewhat more balanced scoring from the rest of the Blazers. For us, Harden hasn't played well yet, and in this game, the bench didn't come through, and yet, the Blazers won the first by 2 and the second by 7. A normal Harden game has us up 2-0 heading back to Portland. Everybody needs to be on their game, cause its pretty much all or nothing now.

If everything stays as is, and harden actually wakes up, we potentially sweep this series even with how Aldridge has played.

If he wakes up, we can win 4 out of 5. Just hard for me to see that happening now.

exactly. like i said...we're going to live and die by harden. if he can just STOP OVERTHINKING and just play his game, we can win this series. if he doesn't stop, then get ready for a long offseason.

we have to mentally stay in the game. Lin shouldn't have fouled when we were down 3 with 30 seconds left. we should have forced a miss and then used our last timeout to try and set up a play to tie the game. instead, he fouled him and we had to waste our last timeout immediately after that. also, we let matthews go all the way to the other end of the court and make a basically uncontested layup to seal the game. just little plays like that where we play stupid and play with little effort are the difference.

I wish harden didn't suck so bad these playoffs, he's not any good trade bait, I was screaming in my bar trade harden! Can you imagine how terrible he would be playing if Derek fishnet was locking him up again? Bill finch is whiting in the wings with all those young Rio valley dudes. Also we get trib don't play him. We get Jordan Hamilton don't play him. I'm sure Aaron brooks would be dropping a few more points than Lin right now, word to kyle lowery and Goran dragic

I wish harden didn't suck so bad these playoffs, he's not any good trade bait, I was screaming in my bar trade harden! Can you imagine how terrible he would be playing if Derek fishnet was locking him up again? Bill finch is whiting in the wings with all those young Rio valley dudes. Also we get trib don't play him. We get Jordan Hamilton don't play him. I'm sure Aaron brooks would be dropping a few more points than Lin right now, word to kyle lowery and Goran dragic
indifferent.gif

Batangas City fam..Where u at? 
nerd.gif
oh you at the beaches i live in Pasig bruh

I stlil think we have a chance in this series Harden must wake up like what you guys said he missed a couple wide open midrange shots that he usually makes and i know he could easily turn it on in the road once he gets a decent flow and a good start so lets hope for that.

I honestly saw this coming. Aldridge being as big as he is makes him a matchup nightmare.

Harden needs to just work on his offensive options since defense is an alien art to him.

Also how come we always have undersized pfs?

@espn: LaMarcus Aldridge is the 3rd player in the NBA to score 40+ in Games 1 & 2 of a playoff series on the road. The others: Tracy McGrady & MJ.

That "Harden trade bait" part of that post was stupid, but since you were a bar I'll assume you were drinking/drunk.

No need to fill the thread with overdramatic nonsense. We know where we stand. We could easily be 2-0 or 1-1 right now, but we're not. We just have to play better and harder if we want to keep playing this year.

We'll see Friday night how they come out.

Like I said, if harden even bothered showing up, we're up 2-0. It's that simple. Even with Aldridge playing like this, they're barely beating us. We could win 4 of the next 5. The margin of error has just shrink to virtually nothing though.

Last edited:
LL

Dorrell Wright scoring 15 points?? That shouldn't happen in a pro league. Neither should Mo Williams with 13 off the bench and Lin with 5. And I get that rotations shorten during the playoffs, but does it make sense to not play upwards of 5 guys????

Last edited:
Took this from Clutchfans

This dude is supposedly in the "Know" 

most his info is always on point
With meetings with Morey after games McHale has been telling Morey and those around him that Sampson was the one who preached the defense AT practices and also made adjustments DURING games. Lucas has been trying to take the place of Sampson on the sidelines, but it has not been the same.

Morey understands making a change toward the end of the season should cause some confusion, but not like this.

Apparently Sampson kept Harden accountable.

Morey wants McHale to own up and is growing frustrated with the excuses

Back
Top Bottom