HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Feels all types of bad fam. Good thing I didn't schedule patients tomorrow morning.

That 6th foul on Dwight was terrible, shoulda sent him to the line to tie/give us the lead but instead extended their lead. It hurts but can't go back. Win game 2 on Wednesday and do work in Portland.

Edit. Beverley was helped off the court at the end of the game. I really really hope he's okay. And J. Lin carried us in OT (not saying he didn't have a bad game before that cause those turnovers/layups/over the backboard shot were tuuuuurrrrrible). No way James goes 8-28 again though right?

Early update is a sprained knee, same knee with the meniscus issue. MRI possibly tomorrow.

Hoping for the best by Wednesday at 8:30. We have to get game 2.

@HoustonRockets: .@patbev21 has a sprained right knee, the same knee he injured earlier this season. He is scheduled for an MRI on Monday.

Beat me by a couple seconds, anyways, where do we go from here with LMA? Zone? More D-Mo? And McHale needs to coach instead of drawing up the same damn Harden ISO. Hell give Lin the board to draw up the play, it's worked before.

@clutchfans: Dwight Howard says they feel bad for Beverley, wants to win it for him. Didn't sound like a guy who expects Pat back soon.

can someone PLEASE post gifs of beverley's last foul. specifically the replay they showed from the baseline where you can see NO contact (i think) and then the "foul" on dwight where he fouled out as well.

quoting this before i sleep so hopefully someone can find and post it for me. many thanks in advance either way.

Just saw the clutch tweet of CF. Hope it's wrong just like the meniscus issue. But man, I need to sleep instead of sulking and reading updates.

It ain't over, hoping Beverley will be there, but next man up if needed. Was basically the same issue last year when Beverley was the unknown and Lin got hurt and Beverley stepped up (and yes I know how some people feel about Lin). All I'm saying is it's the playoffs, nothing else we can do.

But I'm hoping Beverley is okay. Night fellas. This one hurt.

mean.gif

Im still hoping for the best but I really doubt it

Prolly tore an acl or sum **** I had a feeling he was gonna come back too early

@HoustonRockets: .@patbev21 has a sprained right knee, the same knee he injured earlier this season. He is scheduled for an MRI on Monday.

Beat me by a couple seconds, anyways, where do we go from here with LMA? Zone? More D-Mo? And McHale needs to coach instead of drawing up the same damn Harden ISO. Hell give Lin the board to draw up the play, it's worked before.

put dwight or asik on him, and force him left.

in the philippines for a vacay bro 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

been here since april 17th…. internet conniption here is mad slow 
sick.gif

But Im gonna be tuning in today, it's morning here and a WIN would be a great start to my day 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i mean where exactly in the Phil? I might be the only Houston fan who actually lives here permanently.

put dwight or asik on him, and force him left.

And not let Wes Matthews and Mo Williams sneak in shots they shouldn't be taking

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan the Rockets should've one this. I had a bad feeling about overtime. Officiating was awful on both sides, but the Rockets just gave up certain baskets at the wrong time. There was a lot of times where the defense was really good, but Portland just made those shuts. Would could have guessed that Howard would be playing good D on LMA throughout the entire shotclock, and LMA has to throw up a pray that actually goes in?? There was also times where the Rockets simply didn't use enough clock. Harden and Lin both took immediate 3's when they could have used more time. Gotta get a game on the road, maybe even both. Let's get to work for Wednesday.

LL

omer only getting 12 minutes? for why?

i'd really like to know what happened with hamilton. i know he didn't exactly play great all year, but how much better is garcia than hamilton?

omer only getting 12 minutes? for why?

i'd really like to know what happened with hamilton. i know he didn't exactly play great all year, but how much better is garcia than hamilton?

5 fouls will do that to you. But man, we better see some adjustments by McHale. In other news.

Adrian Wojnarowski [emoji]10004[/emoji] @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Houston's Patrick Beverley will likely play in Game 2 on Wednesday, league source tells Yahoo. Met with team doctor this morning.
11:15 AM - 21 Apr 2014
98 RETWEETS 25 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

Glad they saying he should play next game 
pimp.gif

Dude is tough dab I know hes feeling pain

Asik definitely needs more playing time but he did get in foul trouble early

Garcia usually only plays good against the Thunder 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 so save him for them if we get that far

They needa throw in Daniels

We only made 8-35 3 pointers and Mchale just sits there leting them keep chunckin em 
mean.gif

Might as well throw em in he woulda hit 3-4 himself

I saw one of the postgame intervies and Mchale was saying how the final play was supposed to be Harden driving and getting to the rim. But he caught Lindelightis and picked up the ball on his drive 
mean.gif

O well tho hes gon make some mistakes he cant alway be clutch lol

He'll come back next game for sure tho 
pimp.gif

Gotta give some credit to LMA and Lilard tho 

them boys made clutch buckets and some that were tough dab 
sick.gif
mean.gif

I was sitting with a  
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
 face when LMA made that turnaround 3 -____-

**** was pure luck he cant make them **** every game
laugh.gif
 we should try and end this series as fast as possible

Even through all this mess, LMA nearly had to score 50 to beat the Rockets by 2, Asik was in immediate foul trouble and couldn't make a huge impact, and Dwight was basically stymied the entire first half. Still very important to get this next game. I think Canaan and Daniels would've got minutes had they not played 40+ minutes in the D-League playoffs earlier that day :lol:

They needed about 80 from lma and dame to win by by 2 points, with harden having arguably the worst game on his career

I don't understand why they're playing in the D league playoffs right now when we could potentially use them for our playoffs.

I don't understand why they're playing in the D league playoffs right now when we could potentially use them for our playoffs.

and then Bev is playing hurt. Let Canaan get some time. Lin was cooking too despite some of those atrocious decisions :x

Someone make a gif of Lopez face during this 
laugh.gif

I was rollin when I saw him on the floor with that face lookin like he just took someone life 

roll.gif

: Officials missed foul call in Blazers-Rockets game
Official release
Posted Apr 21, 2014 4:40 PM
NEW YORK -- Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations, issued the following statement Monday regarding a play late in the fourth quarter of the Portland Trail Blazers' 122-120 win over the Houston Rockets on April 20, at Toyota Center:

"After video review by the league office, we have determined that the officials were incorrect in assessing a foul to the Rockets' Dwight Howard with 10.8 seconds remaining in overtime. The foul should have been called on the Blazers' Joel Freeland and Howard should have been awarded two free throws."

Can't do **** about it now.

I'd say so long as we win 2 of these next 3 games we can finish them off by game 6. They'll be gassed by then at the rate they're going.

Harden needs to realize they're not gonna whistle as easily as they did during the reg. Season. He keeps practically praying for a bail out on half his drives.

We have a legit dilemma where both our centers are prime targets for hacking late game...and they're both essential to this series.I don't know how we'll solve that, but something needs to change.

Back
Top Bottom