HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

McHale has his faults but you guys sure like to pile on after losses.
this is true.. but can you blame us? Mchale has got zero offensive sets 
laugh.gif

i wouldn't say zero offensive sets.

what bothers me is that we're 50+ games in, and people still look lost on the court. still don't move with any quickness off the ball on offense, and way too many times our "play" breaks down and we go iso or pick and roll

I think he knows we're defunct at certain positions and adjusts accordingly. I like to think we're winning with more than just off talent, again not the best coah but not some hack who doesn't know what he's doing.

Na Mchale has to go :lol:
I said this a while back also about Mchale and us winning off of Talent.. He was brought in before we got Harden and Howard.. He was brought in because we were gonna most likely be a "rebuilding" team so he was gonna be that coach that doesn't have the Xs and Os but is a positive players coach that everyone loves.
He just doesn't fit this team at all, we need an X and O type of coaching that has a system.

I remember Adelman was fired because he wanted too much say in how the team was gonna be run and things that were gonna be above him.. Like players being traded and stuff. I remember a few interviews when a guy was traded he was sooo hot :lol: didnt like that too much. He used to keep guys in the dog house also :lol: I wanted Twill to get significant playing time soo bad for a min

We will not win a championship with Mchale imo its just not possible with how other teams turn up on defense when they have to

I can't wait for the playoffs :pimp: :pimp: but at the same time I have visions of the horrible team defense and indivudual D, the Turnovers, and that stagnant one on one defense :x :smh:

I miss the days off EASY baskets off that back door cut to the basket for a layup :pimp: :pimp:
Chuckwagon and Yao used to throw them dimes :pimp: :pimp:

I was wanting T-Will to get some playing time as well then, but he really never did himself any favors, he dug his own hole most of the time :lol: you're right about Adelmen putting guys in the doghouse though, he'd bury them in the rotation so much you'd forget they were even on the team :lol:

Houston Rockets vs. Detroit Pistons game preview

The last time these teams met, the Rockets were coming off a 30-point drubbing at the hands of the Indiana Pacers. The Rockets were on a back-to-back and would be without James Harden and Jeremy Lin. To make matters worse, Patrick Beverley broke him hand in the first half and would be out for a few weeks.

The ingredients were there for a loss. If we're being honest, the ingredients were there for a blowout loss.

Which makes what happened even more impressive.

Dwight Howard wouldn't let Houston lose. Every time Detroit made a run, Howard would just get the ball in the post and work over Andre Drummond on his way to 35 points and 19 rebounds. Chandler Parsons shot 60% from the field and scored 20. Francisco Garcia extricated himself from the cryogenic time-freezer and knocked down four triples.

What catches the eye from that boxscore today is how balanced it was. Every player who saw real court had at least 2 assists. In fact, Aaron Brooks and Omri Casspi each led the team with 7 while coming off the bench. Garcia's line of 16/5/4 looks impossible. Parsons grabbed 7 boards. Howard had 5 assists and 3 blocks. In the 15 minutes before he got injured, Beverley had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal.

That night, the Rockets didn't have a full 48 minutes from Beverley (in terms of availability, not that he should have played 48), didn't have Jeremy Lin, and didn't have James Harden.

The three perimeter players that handle the ball for the Rockets were out for either the whole game or the second half, yet the Rockets strolled into the Palace of Auburn Hills and handed the young Pistons a 114-97 beatdown.

The LOFs took the night off, but the rest of us had to think about the result. Could the Rockets be a better team running solely through Dwight? Should the Rockets take the ball out of Harden's hands more often? Would the role players step up if forced into heavy minutes throughout the season like they did that night?

Or was it a product of playing the Pistons, a team ill-equipped to punish the Rockets for their lack of guards?

Anyway, the Pistons head into Houston tonight just as rested as Houston. The Rockets need a win to bounce back from a disappointing loss, but will the "return" of James Harden and Jeremy Lin be subtraction by addition? Or will the rout be on?

Tip-off is 7pm CST.

Watching the Sloan Analytic conference, it seems that not running a lot of set plays, but reading and reacting based off concepts is an edict from the front office on down. They belive it makes them more difficult to guard.

So keep that in mind next time you want to blame Mchale for stuff.

Back
Top Bottom