HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Refs were trash 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Mchale was trash yet again 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Lin played like he was scared or sumn 
mean.gif

Rockets are winning off of straight up talent this year...

Imagine what we could do with a coach that was actually able to coach 
laugh.gif
With Adelman coaching this team (and having a JVG as an assistant coach), this team would wreak havoc 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Adelman's offensive schemes with JVG's defensive strategies = 
pimp.gif

Everybody else already mentioned the stagnant offense in certain situations, so I'll just mention 2 complete BS charges, and overall terrible officiating. Also, man I wish Harden took that initial 3 instead of hesitating, and wish Parsons would've just shot over O'Neal instead of going for the dunk. **** man, there's always either an out of nowhere guy (rookie, etc), or a flat out bum who manages to impact games vs the Rockets. At his peak he was nice and productive, but there's no way this loser should have been a benefit for GSW.

I think tonight would have been a good opportunity to go

Bev
Beard
Chap
Asik
Dwight

Instead of

Bev
Lin
Beard
Chap
Dwight

Although harden ended up doing fairly well again David Lee late, it still would have worked better anyway I think.

The guards need to get through the screens instead of switching off. Lee ended up being guarded by Lin and Beverly deep in the post so many times late..makes zero sense

Last edited:
^ kinda like when Anderson burned us and Philly won smh 
mean.gif
frown.gif

Officiating was terrible…Its like the league wanted our winning streak snapped for some reason… Bev and Howard played excellent defense but got called for stupid fouls.. *sigh*

I think tonight would have been a good opportunity to go

Bev
Beard
Chap
Asik
Dwight

Instead of

Bev
Lin
Beard
Chap
Dwight

Although harden ended up doing fairly well again David Lee late, it still would have worked better anyway I think.

The guards need to get through the screens instead of switching off. Lee ended up being guarded by Lin and Beverly deep in the post so many times late..makes zero sense
I was thinking the same thing man.. After what it seemed like 30 offensive rebounds, Mchale should've played big

^Wow, that really would've been a good idea. Oh well, on to the next game. Still 3rd, but I think we have to get to 40 wins before 20 losses

Once again, bench production...
LL

Last edited:
honestly felt like everyone had their worst game of the season except harden and we still almost won. that's why he's still my favorite player on this team no matter how frustrating he can be at times.

Casspi needs to be benched :smh: boys been playing terrible
Dmo shoulda been in the game instead of Casspi last night. Don't know why Mchale left him in tho smh..

I'd like to see Covington get a chance to take Casspi minutes.
Also hope Mchale throws Hamilton out there I wanna see what he got.
Morey said he brought him in for the 3ball and rebounding hopefully he can contribute.

Also any update on Harden and his injury?

I hope he doesn't miss significant playing time.. He looked like he was hurting pretty bad tho smh

If he does misss time tho lookout for Lin to start going ham :lol:
He always eats when Harden out :lol:

Hyperextended elbow. Supposed to get an MRI today.

Lets hope that is what happens if Harden is out :lol:

Damn I hope he doesn't miss too much time..

On another note we cut Ronnie Brewer and signed Troy Daniels from the RGV..
All I know bout him is that he's a shooter.. Remember watching him play in our camps

Vcu alumn :smokin

Don't know if he'll see much action, but I know he can shoot and we need that off the bench.

I wish Daniels and Covington could get put into the rotation somehow. With Casspi and Garcia struggling, you have to inject some life in the bench, and desperate guys can do wonders for a bench

^Our bench is atrocious 
sick.gif

I hope we can get some good production from either Covington/Daniels too, no knock on Lin (and Hongcouver
laugh.gif
 but we need a legit consistent 6th man off the bench 

Last edited:
Ahh that sucks, I think Granger and Davis could've been nice additions

Back from elbow injury, James Harden feels ‘great’

Showing no signs of the hyper-extended elbow he suffered on Thursday other than the sleeve he wore on his right arm, Rockets guard James Harden went through all of Saturday’s practice and declared, “I’m great.’

“It’s not broken so I’m good,” Harden said. “I thought I broke it as soon as the impact hit. Yesterday, there was a lot of treatment. This morning there was treatment and icing and stuff. Hopefully, it’s day-to-day. The pain went down a lot. When it first happened, it was hard to extend and move my elbow. Now I can move it. It’s not full strength, but it’s a lot better than yesterday and that’s a good thing.”

Rockets coach Kevin McHale said he would be “shocked” if Harden did not play Saturday against the Suns.

“James looked good,” McHale said. “The elbow looked good. He practiced, went through everything.”

Forgot tonight's game is on ESPN :pimp:

Last edited:
Lin needs to stop playing like a *****.

Glad we pulled it out. Hopefully these close game experiences help out come playoff time, but we should have broken the game open in the second quarter.

Lin and Harden indecisiveness get on my ******* nerves 
mad.gif

Lin is always getting in the paint and picking his dribble up then he has nothing to do so he just trys to use his pivot to spin around and either throws up a brick or its a TO. The other few times he just passes out.

Harden needs to be a lot more decisive off the PnR. Good things ALWAYS happen when he knows what hes gonna do and goes with it. Hes always picking his dribble up and just gets stuck.

Theres times when he has the center on em and can easily take it to the basket or take the midrange but just picks up his dribble 
mean.gif

On that Beverley 3 to give us the lead he was decisive and made his move towards the basket  then kicked it out to Bev who made a great shot 
pimp.gif
 Boys was feelin himself towards the end 
laugh.gif

He hit that 3, a jumper and a floater at the rim.

These are the gowing pains tho hes still young. Hes just gon keep gettin better

One thing I can't stand is when harden gets to one side and just tries to get possession from 15 ft to isolate. Would be so much more effective and could probably get better position coming off a down screen. Same goes for Dwight post ups

We won by 3. Bev hit a clutch 3. Casspi hit his only 3 and hardly any points in general in the game. My god, Casspi has stunk it up for a while now :lol: :x

LL

The bench STINKS. McHale HAS to get all these guys available sometime. Good lord.

And yea, I detest when Lin drives into the paint, gets stuck, and slowly turns around. **** is annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom