HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

Also, thanks for nothing Washington. Blew a huge lead and lost in double overtime to the spurs. Let's go heat, beat the clippers for us

Okc has pulled away from everyone, but we've pretty much solidified ourselves in the next group with the spurs, blazers, and clippers. We'll probably be battling for position with them the rest of the way.

Hopefully we can make moves up and make sure no one catches us from behind.

i think portland, dallas, OKC (obviously), and the clippers would be very tough potential playoff matchups. lot of sorting to do in the standings, but it's safe to say this has been an awesome season considering the last 3

Actually, after playing against Memphis in that back to back recently, I lost a lot of confidence for how we'll do in the playoffs. I'm just hoping they'll put it together by then.

That being said, I would just prefer to avoid okc and the clippers in the first round. I think we can at least compete against the rest of the teams.

if we lose to the bucks on saturday night....i'm going to be livid. they are by far one of the (if not THE) worst teams in the league. hopefully we can blow them out early and let everybody rest the whole 4th. they've been resting enough the past week or so, but more rest wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Beats Spurs, Suns and Blazers...loses to Bucks sounds right on time :lol:

Oh yea, Asik is back at practice

asik playing saturday :wow:

for as much as i hate this team sometimes, i think we can be a force in the west when at full strength. d-mo, asik, and lin off the bench, plus occasional 3s from casspi or garcia could be a decent enough bench.

asik playing saturday
eek.gif

for as much as i hate this team sometimes, i think we can be a force in the west when at full strength. d-mo, asik, and lin off the bench, plus occasional 3s from casspi or garcia could be a decent enough bench.
well knock me over with a feather... Asik playing? Omer Asik? 

Last edited:
Terrence Jones has become one of my favorite players in the league.

Yessir...tjones been consistent for a minute now... definitely our pf in the future...

i know i'm being critical, but he has so much to room to improve. but i can definitely see him doing so. bulk up a little strength and increase his 3pt % and he'll be a very productive player with how active he already is.

i know i'm being critical, but he has so much to room to improve. but i can definitely see him doing so. bulk up a little strength and increase his 3pt % and he'll be a very productive player with how active he already is.
Loved his defense, length, energy/passion at Kentucky. Raw offensively when I watched him in Lexington. The consistent jumper with range will come with hours and reps in the gym hoisting shots.

Loved his defense, length, energy/passion at Kentucky. Raw offensively when I watched him in Lexington. The consistent jumper with range will come with hours and reps in the gym hoisting shots.
and it can only go up from here, with Mchale/Dawson/Hakeem lecturing the young grasshoppa 

TJones' intensity/activity is what's been impressing me for awhile now. You can tell other guys follow suit when that happens

TJones' intensity/activity is what's been impressing me for awhile now. You can tell other guys follow suit when that happens
Young wolf mentality. Hunger for the game. J-Smoove lite has always been my comparison for T. Jones. He'll be ready to take souls in another year or two.

I emailed Charlie pallilo today, and according to him we would be paying lin and asik 15 million, but their cap hit would stay at 8 million :nerd:

It's tough moving em because Omer isn't playing & Lin just would fetch us as much as we would like. No doubt to dumb either one of em we would have to throw in a valuable asset ala a Parsons, Jones or a 1st.

Even with limited playing time, Omer Asik’s return well timed

With Omer Asik set to make his return after missing 31 games with thigh and knee problems, Rockets coach Kevin McHale said Asik is not on a minutes limit, but that he would be watching him closely tonight against the Bucks to determine how much playing time Asik is ready to handle.

“I’m going to play him some,” McHale said. “I don’t know how much. A lot will depend on his wind and his feel. We’ll just watch him, but get him out some. He’ll have limitations. Is it going to be two minutes, three minutes, four minutes, five minutes? I’ll just go by feel and eyesight.”

Asik has gone through just two practices this week, only one that could be considered a full-contact workout. Playing in the final three games before the All Star break could be as beneficial to get up to speed as additional practice time. But the timing also allows the Rockets to have a true center off the bench against one of the relatively few teams that have a full-sized backup at the position. With Greg Smith also out, the Rockets have played Donatas Motiejunas and Terrence Jones together in the frontcourt when Dwight Howard has been out.

“D-Mo has been great,” McHale said. “D-Mo’s earned his playing time. He and T.J. have done a really good job at that four spot. They’ve had to play some five, both of them. That’s a big task for D-Mo. Thank goodness most of the backup fives aren’t that big like tonight’s. Tonight, against (Zaza) Pachulia, it’s nice to have Omer back.

“To be truthful, we’ve struggled against the big, strong (backups), whether it would be the backup from Oklahoma City, (Steven Adams), or the Memphis two-some, even (Kosta) Koufas coming in. Right now, D-Mo and T.J. are figuring out how to play against those guys. Omer has got it figured out. It will be nice having him back.”

View media item 791053View media item 791054View media item 791055View media item 791056View media item 791057View media item 791058View media item 791059

Back
Top Bottom