HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

tumblr_n0m9ftt9HZ1ru2hx7o1_400.gif

tumblr_n0telgsoet1rw4t5qo1_500.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
tumblr_n0prg9YsvL1qczc1lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0tlj7AY971s3gys4o1_400.gif

tumblr_n0tg14pYyJ1rw4t5qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0tcoyvioG1qd75zjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_n0tnfbqMiK1s635lgo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n0tnfbqMiK1s635lgo1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n0tnfbqMiK1s635lgo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n0tnfbqMiK1s635lgo4_r1_250.gif

Last edited:
Oh **** :lol: :pimp: Hmmmmmm, well well Asik, Dwight's fully backing you and you wanna leave :smh:

also, on a much smaller note. the first game asik came back, when he got subbed out, him and dwight walked right by each other and somewhat bumped shoulders. no handshake. i have no idea what it means, but i think asik needs to stop being a baby,

our chemistry has been great recently. really looks like they're making an effort to get dwight involved as much as possible. playing inside out.

Asik needs to stop being selfish and look at it in a different perspective.. I mean, with him backing up Dwight, we can be a really dangerous team… 48 minutes of rim protection 
pimp.gif

Great screens for Lin/Brooks (whoever comes off the bench)… I still hold my position of saying that he's the x-factor of this team come playoffs 

I wish Asik would accept and be happy with that role as well, but I feel for him as well. He came here to start. He had a great first season with us, but he's still got the rest of his career to consider. If he backs up Dwight and gets lost behind him playing like 10 minutes a night, he's not going to get paid as much next contract as he would have had he been given the opportunity to start somewhere this season and next.

Think of the millions he's potentially losing out on because of this. That being said, I wonder how awkward the whole situation is for all the players knowing he doesn't want to be there, but is.

I wish Asik would accept and be happy with that role as well, but I feel for him as well. He came here to start. He had a great first season with us, but he's still got the rest of his career to consider. If he backs up Dwight and gets lost behind him playing like 10 minutes a night, he's not going to get paid as much next contract as he would have had he been given the opportunity to start somewhere this season and next.

Think of the millions he's potentially losing out on because of this. That being said, I wonder how awkward the whole situation is for all the players knowing he doesn't want to be there, but is.

back up players always get overpaid to go play for other teams. that's how he got his first deal here anyways :lol:

the only thing hurting his future money is his attitude

i dunno...was anyone else willing to pay asik a good amount other than us? i'd heard of asik before last season, but never getting as much praise as he did last year and being mentioned among some of the top big men in the league.

just saying it's not always guaranteed and something to consider from his perspective that he could be thinking about.

he's not currently worth what we're paying him. i think we have to try and move him and make room for chap's salary. we can find a serviceable big man somewhere that can fill in for 10 minutes a game. i may change my mind about that as he finally starts playing more and improving, but all i can think about right now is how he hasn't done anything for us up to this point this year.

Last edited:
For what Asik gave us last year hes actually underpaid. For 3 years his deal was friendly for him & us. At the of the day I think his agent told him to be a professional even though he's not getting his way. I mean he walked out on the team & refused to play at times but he sure as hell wasn't giving his checks back either. And I'm pretty sure his teammates know the deal and still support him regardless of his situation. I think we just look for stuff to think he can actually be a locker room cancer.

Three things to watch in Wednesday night’s game

1. Full of surprises: Washington dropped to 25-26 with Tuesday night’s 92-89 loss at Memphis, but that record can be deceiving. The Wizards have shown they are capable of beating the best. They opened February with a 96-81 victory over Oklahoma City. Last month, they beat Miami 114-97.

2. A balanced attack: The Wizards are averaging 23.1 assists per game and have six players averaging double digits in scoring. The Rockets will have to respond defensively to the all-around effort.

3. Keep your foot on the gas: The Rockets have won a season-high six consecutive games and are looking to make that seven before the All-Star break. Their emphasis this week has been to not let up. Coach Kevin McHale has stressed that teams can get lazy before the break and said he doesn’t want to see the Rockets become one of those teams.

We're beating teams we should be beating, so let's keep this up :lol:

wouldn't it be nice to have a player like ariza again :nerd:

For a box of Ritz Snack Crackers coming off the bench, hell yea.

This team is something man. I always joke around on twitter saying we have to be up by 50 just so we can win by 4. Looks like reality :lol: Great way to head into the All Star break with a win, instead of a loss followed by a lengthy layoff putting a damper on the festivities.

Isn't Omer Asik that guy who is scared to even dunk the ball? I vividly recall him awkwardly laying up shots instead of dunking in last years playoffs. Truth be told he backed up Jokaim. He's backing up Dwight. He's exactly where he should be.  

Isn't Omer Asik that guy who is scared to even dunk the ball? I vividly recall him awkwardly laying up shots instead of dunking in last years playoffs. Truth be told he backed up Jokaim. He's backing up Dwight. He's exactly where he should be.  

He cant or doesn't know how to finish at the rim consistently

Back
Top Bottom