HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

6 out of the last 7. really need jones to come back healthy for the 2 memphis games this weekend. asik too, but who knows.

Glad to see us get a win where we aint just depending on the 3 ball.

I guess players got it or the coaching staff let em know to stop throwing up so many damn 3s 
sick.gif

**** was painful to watch these past few games when they werent falling 
sick.gif
mean.gif

Defense has picked up also 
pimp.gif

Bev with another great game all around 
pimp.gif

I really like watching him play and you can tell the coaches do to lol.

That boy Covington can shoot! 
pimp.gif

I remember watching him play in the summer league he has potential to be a nice player.

Hopefully he keeps developing and can crack the rotation next year. Hes gon be nice at the 3 or stretch 4

Back to back against Memphis coming up. Gasol is back and 6 of their last 7 games have been decided by 5 points or less (that 7th game was decided by 7 points). They obviously keep games close, but hopefully we can open it up early and keep our distance from them.

I hate playing Memphis just cause it makes for some of the most boring games ever. Need to crush them at home, then just try to be scavengers at their place.

Liked what I saw from Covington as well. He'll be a good bit of value if he's able to hit those shots, but get to the basket.

Chiming in just to shout out Terrence Jones' career performance against the Bucks recently. Was a fan at Kentucky. Want to see him continue growing offensively.

tumblr_mzu2rs2eBU1s1qgqoo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzu2rs2eBU1s1qgqoo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzu2rs2eBU1s1qgqoo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzu2rs2eBU1s1qgqoo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzu2rs2eBU1s1qgqoo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzu4cz2gvP1s1qgqoo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mzu6q9qTC01qd75zjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzv91bCYP61toa6n1o1_400.gif

20140122_rocketssacramento-_kaw_003.jpg

20140122_rocketssacramento-_kaw_013.jpg

Kevin McHale see signs that Rockets are getting better

The Rockets have won eight of 10 games, tied for the best mark in the past 10 games in the NBA, and even in the two losses, played well enough for stretches to have double-digit leads. Rockets coach Kevin McHale, however, said this is not a sudden turnaround.

“We went through some tough periods, but I could sense us starting to get better in certain areas,” McHale said. “It wasn’t translating over to wins and losses. I could see the team coming together a little more. I saw a lot of signs of us getting better. Ball’s been moving better. Bodies have been moving better on the offense. We’re rebounding the ball better right now. All year long, we’ve been in the top five or six in defensive field goal percentage so we’ve got teams to miss.

“We sputtered a little bit, but even through that sputtering, I could see we were getting better.”

In the past 10 games, the Rockets have averaged 106.7 points per game, even with the lowest scoring game of the season (with 80 against Atlanta) and the lowest scoring quarters and half (scoring 19 in the second half against Oklahoma City) in franchise history. The Rockets have made 47.2 percent of their shots in that stretch, outscoring opponents by 6.7 points per game, fourth-best in the league.

“We’re coming together nice right now,” forward Chandler Parsons said. “We’re starting to play unselfish. We were talking about in the locker room today how it’s a lot of fun. It’s easier than normal right now. When the offense is like that, it’s a good time. It makes everybody so much better. It’s such a balanced attack when we move the ball like that.”

Last edited:
I saw the list and was surprised he didn't make it. Wonder what went down...he'd definitely be a more solid name than some of the people I saw listed.

I heard that earlier, Parsons was letting off some rounds in that :lol: but I don't blame him, cause he's right. He's considered a glue guy, but his offense damn sure is needed on top of his automatic defense. It's a shame he was left out.

Losing while Parsons breaks an NBA record is such a Houston sports thing to do lol

Don't really have much to say about that last possession, but with the score the way it was, it shouldn't have come down to that. Rockets started sluggish in the first quarter and were missing a lot if shots. They also let Memphis get easy shots, when the Grizz don't have the talent the Rockets have. Need to go in Memphis and come out with a win, forcing their tempo on them instead of getting into a ****** dogfight.

we just got no offensive sets whatsoever… I mean that was the last play Mchale drew up? I would've liked to see a Parsons/Dwight pick n roll, either getting a foul or getting a really high percentage shot 
tired.gif
tired.gif

Think about all the guys we have out for one reason or another...Asik, Brooks, Smith, Garcia, Brewer, and Jones the other night. Good lord, im surprised the starters aren't laying on the ground dead in the middle of games. It's a shame Howard can hardly get any relief since there's currently no healthy backup center. Asik for Varejao sounds great right now, regardless if he's 6 years older than him.

Left my house at halftime last night so I just watched a replay of the second half.

Chap was absolutely on fire. It was great to watch even though I already knew we lost. He was hitting some crazy deep shots, but he really blew it on like our last 3 possessions. A deep contested 3, an airball layup/runner while falling out of bounds, and then picking up the ball with like 4 seconds left and nowhere to go. Had to pass to Beverly who had to throw up a terrible shot at the buzzer.

We've really got to execute half court sets better to get ready for the playoffs. Hopefully we can give it back to them tonight...

Back
Top Bottom