HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

dmo tho 
laugh.gif

jones looking like our pf for years 
pimp.gif

tbh, lots of the calls were going our way 
laugh.gif

should've been a goaltend on dmo on that shot by zbo 
laugh.gif

oh well, its not like we don't get bad calls when we're on the road 

Dwight has to be better about not picking up cheap fouls. Props to dmo for coming off the bench and playing well

tbh, lots of the calls were going our way :lol:  
should've been a goaltend on dmo on that shot by zbo :lol:
oh well, its not like we don't get bad calls when we're on the road 

True, but usually we even get screwed at home, that's why I was pretty surprised :lol:

tumblr_mygurePvEA1s3gys4o1_400.gif

tumblr_myh5ximxap1r2br17o1_500.jpg

tumblr_myg4wraP8B1shsixxo2_400.gif

tumblr_myeemnmqwH1rw4t5qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myg7a2rebY1rw4t5qo5_500.jpg

tumblr_myg48827Wl1rw4t5qo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myccfjVJLR1s635lgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mygqngL4qu1ru2hx7o1_400.gif

tumblr_mygpocEds01ru2hx7o1_400.gif

tumblr_myg92d1b2m1rktm1go1_500.png

I had seen these about two weeks ago, but in black and silver. Didn't even know Howard had his own shoe. I'm not a big shoe dude, only by stuff based on color. May get them, iono
tumblr_myec2bYPhT1s66weyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myg95x7YVC1rktm1go1_500.png

I'd love for these to be part of the current attire. Not 5X of course
tumblr_myakvkNBR11r684qbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myec56GHoH1rtwcimo2_500.jpg

Good game (eventually) from everybody. I caught from right before the half until the end. Howard basically anchored everything, socit was great for Lin and Harden to finally get it going in the 4th. Parsons and TJones were more than solid, and Parsons was excellent on both sides of the floor, especially in the last 4 minutes.

Let's make up for that embarrassing loss by getting a home victory heading into 2014 please

From Yahoo Sports. Some things obvious, but stuff that needs to be taken care of:

Three New Year’s Resolutions for the Houston Rockets

COMMENTARY | As the page turns on 2013, the Houston Rockets enter the New Year in great position to earn a top 4 seed in the west come playoff time. Currently a half game behind the Los Angeles Clippers for the 4th seed, the Rockets will have to change three things going into the first half of 2014 to become legitimate western conference contenders.

1) Solidify The Bench
While the Rockets are one of the deepest teams in the NBA, they have not received consistent contributions from the bench so far. Houston's bench ranks 26th in minutes per game, 21st in points per game(28.1), and 29th in rebounds per game(11).

Much of that has to do with searching for a capable backup center behind Dwight Howard. Omer Asik has been at the forefront of trade rumors for the past month, but is still on the roster after not being dealt by the Dec. 19 deadline that the Rockets gave themselves. Still, Asik has been battling swelling in his knees and has not been able to get on the court.

The other options are Greg Smith, who had been out since mid-November, and 2nd year player Donatas Motiejunas, who is a power forward by trade. If Asik is unable to return by February, or is traded, look for the Rockets to go after a big man at the trade deadline.

I also wouldn't be surprised if general manager Daryl Morey adds another wing player who can spot up and knock down 3-pointers. Francisco Garcia has been a steady contributor for the most part, but his field goal percentage(39 percent) and 3-point percentage(35 percent) are all down from last season when he came to the Rockets at the trade deadline. Ronnie Brewer was also signed in the offseason in hopes of being a shutdown perimeter defender, but he has been unable to crack the rotation.

2) Find A Leader
While Dwight Howard and James Harden are the two leaders in terms of production for the Rockets, they have not established themselves as leaders in the locker room. In fact, the team chose Chandler Parsons as their player rep for the season, with Patrick Beverley serving as the alternate.

Parsons has established himself as a team leader since last season, and is taking the duties of becoming team captain with full responsibility.

"It's a role I look at as mine on the team," Parsons said after being elected. "I am a captain, I talk to the refs before the game, so I figured it would only be right to be a player rep, and I feel like I have a good understanding of what is going on in the league. I am really interested in stuff like that, so I would like to be as involved as possible. I think I am a good source to relay everything I find out."
But Parsons is just in his 3rd season, and there would be a tremendous lack of veteran leadership when playoff time approaches. Yet, for the time being, I'm eager to see how Parsons grows into his role.

3) Search For Defense
This is an area that has improved over the past month, but the Rockets still enter 2014 23rd in points allowed per game at 102.3. Elite individual offensive players have also been able to dominate when playing the Rockets lately: LaMarcus Aldridge went for 31 points and 25 rebounds in a 111-104 Blazers' win on Dec. 12, Paul George finished with 24 points and 9 rebounds while leading the Pacers to a 114-81 win on Dec. 20, Dirk Nowitzki closed out a 111-104 Dallas Mavericks win by scoring 10 of his 31 points in the 4th quarter on Dec. 23, and Kevin Durant exploded for 33 points and 13 rebounds in a 117-86 Thunder win on Dec. 29.

The Rockets lack a good perimeter defender, and if that remains the case when the playoffs arrive, it will be their shortcoming. Take last year for example, when Durant averaged 34 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists, without Russell Westbrook, in their first round loss to the Thunder.

Maybe Harden or Parsons make significant strides in their individual defense, but I would anticipate Morey to add a piece at the deadline to fill this void.

we suck. plus, these guys are playing way too many minutes. Mchale has to figure it out.

I don't know how the Kings have treated us like we treat the Knicks and Warriors

Last edited:
Knicks just came off a nice win against the Spurs, and we're two days removed from another bad Kings loss. Let's go ahead and use this game to regroup. This game will be different just cause Chandler didn't play last game, but we've beaten the Knicks with him, without him, with Melo, without Melo, and through all sorts of other lineups. Let's make tonight's game no different.

In other news, Lin moves from Nike to Adidas. I hope it doesn't affect his play :smh:

http://fansided.com/2014/01/03/report-houston-rockets-guard-jeremy-lin-will-switch-nike-adidas/

Fellas, we need a long winning streak and not these win 2 games lose 1 type ishh.. cmon rockets :smokin

It bothers me how much we isolate with such little off ball movement. Dwight needs more looks, and our bench still barely has a pulse.

^Will there ever be a time where Brooks, Casspi, Garcia, and maybe DMo can all be consistent at the same time?? It's like when the bench stinks, McHale is like "see, this is why I beat out starters to death".

A much needed win, and so glad these guys will get a 4 day rest heading to play LA on the 8th. Time to get that Steve Blake game back.

Last edited:
It bothers me how much we isolate with such little off ball movement. Dwight needs more looks, and our bench still barely has a pulse.
It was a s***** win to say the least. McHale can't be serious with all these isolations 
mean.gif

And what bench? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom