Historically underrated NBA players.

Man, MJ's reign overshadowed a lot of GOOD NBA players. One guy who doesn't get enough mention is Dale Ellis.

Dale-ellis.jpg

http://www.basketball-ref...players/e/ellisda01.html

He always kept the fresh boxcut, was one of the best shooters of all time and averaged 15.7 ppg (19,004 total)  over his career, 40% 3pt , 1 All-Star appearance.

Averaged 34.5 ppg and 10 rpg his senior year at Tennessee 
eek.gif

EDIT: I see me and PMatic are on the same page.
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, Ellis averaged those college numbers in only 21 games and before the three point line was introduced in college.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But I don't expect you to provide any solid evidence so just forget this thread exists.

I'm not going to let you go on that 'people hate on Dirk cuz he's white' steez. 

Fine, maybe he isn't soft. 

You don't think maybe people hate on him cuz they think he's soft not because they think of his color? 

Just where did you get that idea? 

Entire reason why I got in this thread to begin with. 

But I don't expect you to provide any solid evidence so just forget this thread exists.

You don't think maybe people hate on him cuz they think he's soft not because they think of his color? 

Originally Posted by amel223

Not because he's white but because he's foreign.  Absolutely he gets hated on for that reason.  Easily one of the top 10 players of the post-jordan era.

Originally Posted by amel223

Not because he's white but because he's foreign.  Absolutely he gets hated on for that reason.  Easily one of the top 10 players of the post-jordan era.

i totally agree with dirk being hated on...

when i say that dirk is a top 5 offensive player, people laugh in my face....

i'm like "dude... how can he not score?"

he gets to the free throw line...

most times dirk misses, i think its only cuz HE missed it, and not because good d...

i totally agree with dirk being hated on...

when i say that dirk is a top 5 offensive player, people laugh in my face....

i'm like "dude... how can he not score?"

he gets to the free throw line...

most times dirk misses, i think its only cuz HE missed it, and not because good d...

Dirk is a terrific shooter and scorer, but it's like he is a SG in a PF body.

He absolutely does not control the point. You're not scared of drive it on him.

You want your PF to give those easy baskets down low not giving you fade away shots

Dirk is a terrific shooter and scorer, but it's like he is a SG in a PF body.

He absolutely does not control the point. You're not scared of drive it on him.

You want your PF to give those easy baskets down low not giving you fade away shots

Back
Top Bottom