Historically underrated NBA players.

Originally Posted by amel223

I don't think he can take contact all that well. Has he ever had a good playoff series against a physical team?

You do know there were other series besides the GSW series. Who did he play soft against that was a physical team? Name serious and provide proof if you can.

I don't think he can take contact all that well. Has he ever had a good playoff series against a physical team?

You do know there were other series besides the GSW series. Who did he play soft against that was a physical team? Name serious and provide proof if you can.

1997-02-10+Terrell+Brandon.jpg

Thomas Terrell Brandon.  Two-Time All-Star, one of the best mid range shooters ever.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

It's gotten to the point where if you're a skilled/finesse/below-the-rim player, you're automatically "soft".

Someone needs to explain what they think being soft means, cause I'm pretty sure it means nothing.

Speaking on this point in particular, I've always perceived "soft" to be a player who seemingly tends to shy away from physical contact.

For me personally, there's also another aspect to it, having no heart, with which I would associate "soft", but that's harder for me to actually describe. A player's overall lack of effort on the court, among other things, is an indicator to me.....

(I hope I managed to have that all make sense.)

*Edit*

Good call out on Terrell Brandon, thought about him right after I submitted my post.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

It's gotten to the point where if you're a skilled/finesse/below-the-rim player, you're automatically "soft".

Someone needs to explain what they think being soft means, cause I'm pretty sure it means nothing.

Speaking on this point in particular, I've always perceived "soft" to be a player who seemingly tends to shy away from physical contact.

For me personally, there's also another aspect to it, having no heart, with which I would associate "soft", but that's harder for me to actually describe. A player's overall lack of effort on the court, among other things, is an indicator to me.....

(I hope I managed to have that all make sense.)

*Edit*

Good call out on Terrell Brandon, thought about him right after I submitted my post.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

GSW is not a physical team he just gave it up that series. 

As for your question, I'll look that up some other time too lazy tonight. 

Which is tougher: shooting a jumpshot or fighting for a rebound?

AH-AH-AH... I didn't ask which was more difficult, so save the answers about practice and footwork and moving without the ball and all that jazz.

TOUGHER

Which is TOUGHER?

How about helping lock the paint down? Tougher than a jumpshot?

Yes, you could be a 6'8"+ dude who avoids the 'soft' label... so long as you also get down and do work under the rim, grab some boards (not the ones that just bounced your way, but those 'Go get the damn ball' rebounds), be a big presence to potential slashers.

But most finesse players are reluctant to bang bodies underneath.

Because they're soft.

Which is tougher: shooting a jumpshot or fighting for a rebound?

AH-AH-AH... I didn't ask which was more difficult, so save the answers about practice and footwork and moving without the ball and all that jazz.

TOUGHER

Which is TOUGHER?

How about helping lock the paint down? Tougher than a jumpshot?

Yes, you could be a 6'8"+ dude who avoids the 'soft' label... so long as you also get down and do work under the rim, grab some boards (not the ones that just bounced your way, but those 'Go get the damn ball' rebounds), be a big presence to potential slashers.

But most finesse players are reluctant to bang bodies underneath.

Because they're soft.

The person that defended him most of the time Stephen Jackson was VERY physical. Their defenders were very physical when they were inspired. Air France and Baron especially.

But I don't expect you to provide any solid evidence so just forget this thread exists.

The person that defended him most of the time Stephen Jackson was VERY physical. Their defenders were very physical when they were inspired. Air France and Baron especially.

But I don't expect you to provide any solid evidence so just forget this thread exists.

Man, MJ's reign overshadowed a lot of GOOD NBA players. One guy who doesn't get enough mention is Dale Ellis.

Dale-ellis.jpg

http://www.basketball-ref...players/e/ellisda01.html

He always kept the fresh boxcut, was one of the best shooters of all time and averaged 15.7 ppg (19,004 total)  over his career, 40% 3pt , 1 All-Star appearance.

Averaged 34.5 ppg and 10 rpg his senior year at Tennessee 
eek.gif

EDIT: I see me and PMatic are on the same page.
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, Ellis averaged those college numbers in only 21 games and before the three point line was introduced in college.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom