Highest Paid Musicians of 2015

Abel isn't hip-hop.

I can't see Future (or 2 Chainz) being relevant music-wise in the next 5 years. I see them turning into something more kin to Wiz Khalifa. still relevant in pop culture and dropping projects with good songs, but no one will really be checking for their music.

2Chainz been fading for like the last year and some change. On the other hand Future has gotten better and more popular with time.

Last edited:
Who's Abel? Is that one of those artists you barely hear about but then you go on YouTube and their vids somehow have like 3 million views?

On the cool, "The Weeknd" is one of the greatest stage names in a while.

Everybody like the weekend..

Abel isn't hip-hop.

I can't see Future (or 2 Chainz) being relevant music-wise in the next 5 years. I see them turning into something more kin to Wiz Khalifa. still relevant in pop culture and dropping projects with good songs, but no one will really be checking for their music.

2Chainz been fading for like the last year and some change. On the other hand Future has gotten better and more popular with time.

Thats true, but once the popular sound in hip-hop (trap) moves to the next thing, Future will no longer be relevant unless he's been switching his sound up beforehand. That's a difference between his and Drake's approach to music. Future is considered a trap rapper. Drake and Kanye can rap over trap beats. They can move on to whatever flavor is next.

Majority of him and Nicki big hits are pop records. Hotline bling and were going home ain't rap songs.

I dont consider Hotline Bling a pop song necessarily.

And are we gonna sit here and name all of Drakes pop songs vs his raps songs? :lol: Just because did sings frequently doesnt mean its pop.

Drake and kanye gonna leach on and ride whatever hot. When **** start to change, the bring in writers that flourish with that sound. Drake had the weekend early penning hits for him so now that his sound is hot gonna make it look like take care is timeless.

Trap music not going anywhere no time soon, **** has been popping since 04 get used to it. Its just evolving into something bigger.

Thats true, but once the popular sound in hip-hop (trap) moves to the next thing, Future will no longer be relevant unless he's been switching his sound up beforehand. That's a difference between his and Drake's approach to music. Future is considered a trap rapper. Drake and Kanye can rap over trap beats. They can move on to whatever flavor is next.

Agreed. Future is cool but its the same thing generally over and over. I mean, dude used that horn sound effect from Commas in like 4 songs on DS2. :lol:

No but were talking about hits^ his biggest songs are the pop songs facts. As with Nicki. If its not pop what is it? Its not hip hop per say. I don'tlike son music but im not mad, pop is where the money is.

Agreed. Future is cool but its the same thing generally over and over. I mean, dude used that horn sound effect from Commas in like 4 songs on DS2. :lol:

Thats TM88(the producer) not Future.

And he been stopped doing it....dudes just biting now.

Last edited:
Don't care if Future would become irrelevant in 5 years. He has already cemented himself as my favorite artist of all time.

Horn sound is more of tag from the producer. Future uses about 4 or 5 of the same producers. It's an easy criticism on the surface level. The *** is cohesive. Not saying DS2 is a classic or comparable to the albums I'm about to mention...but The Chronic and Illmatic all had a distinct production sound on the albums.

On another note, "Hold on we're going home" is my favorite Drake song. That sht is groovy. 80s feeling :pimp:

No but were talking about hits^ his biggest songs are the pop songs facts. As with Nicki. If its not pop what is it? Its not hip hop per say. I don'tlike son music but im not mad, pop is where the money is.

It still has that R&B/hip hop aura around his "pop songs". Not "true R&B" but if you wanna classify it was pop then youre right ie Hold On Were Going Home or even Best I Ever Had but its not POP like Starships by Nikki. :lol:

Whats Hey Ma by Dipset? Pop?

Thats TM88(the producer) not Future.

And he been stopped doing it....dudes just biting now.

Well yeah its the producer but its still Futures track, he coudda been like hell nah this the same beat? :lol:

I aint gon lie, Commas and Trap Hittas get constant play from me. :smokin

BuggatinBiebs got the game on lock with that Purpose album though.

Last edited:
little wayne isn't on the list :nerd:

Why would he? Birdman and Birdman's brother are the ones actually making all the Cash Money

Majority of him and Nicki big hits are pop records. Hotline bling and were going home ain't rap songs.

I dont consider Hotline Bling a pop song necessarily.

How :lol:? It's definitely not rap. That song is basically along the same lines of Hold On We're Going Home.

Last edited:

IRONY, you just judged me.

There's a reason why people use "discover" when it comes to music. I wasn't necessarily "exposed" to every music genre I listen to. You have to step out of your comfort zone and actively learn about music history.

I think the lack of knowledge about a diversity of music is a reflection on how well read someone is to be honest. People out there living like ninjahood, and don't know anything that isn't from the local dude at the barbershop passing out CDs

I bet you there's kids in African villages who know who the eagles are.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

honestly, future nor drake ever dropped anything as great as this one song by the eagles, the lyrics, the beat, the guitar riff, all incredible.

honestly, future nor drake ever dropped anything as great as this one song by the eagles, the lyrics, the beat, the guitar riff, all incredible.

Cool song. But Codeine Crazy & March Maddness >>>>> this. At least for me. The pain in this song man :smh: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom