Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, the fatality rates should be low over here since our facilities are relatively good compared to alot of other countries.
Yes, our healthcare system is good, but nowhere near prepared to handle as many patients as will require isolated ICU. As I’ve said before, the facilities, beds, respirators, medical devices, etc. to properly treat the 15% of those who acquire c19 simply do not exist. Worse yet, the medicine, devices, and protective gear we will need are MADE IN CHINA and they are already facing their own shortages.

CDC folks testified to the Senate a couple days ago that there is a shortage of equipment, specifically respirators. When the Acting DHS Secretary was questioned by the Senate about the shortage, he contradicted the CDC's earlier testimony but then had to concede he didn't know what he was talking about.

In other news:

Still going to Japan in March. From Narita to Kyoto. Then Hiroshima for a day trip, Osaka for a couple nights. One night in a Ryokan in Hakone, then last 5 days in Tokyo.

Definitely bringing N95s for the public transportation, but still excited

Currently in Abu Dhabi and was in Saudi. I am taking cautionary measures. however, the airlines are so unprepared and untrained on how to handle this. A couple things I noticed in the airport. Males with full beards wearing the N95's and some people wearing them improperly. Thanks to the links posted I know how to properly fit one.

Secondly, the airlines do not ask people if they have been to change recently until prior to landing to the destination. In my opinion this is too late. If someone was infected the whole plane would have been infected during the plane ride. Luckily, I have not seen many/any people visibly sick. But I will not lie, hearing the slightest cough coming from someone gets my spider sense tingling. Let a dog with you grab their leash as if you are about to go for a walk :lol:

Anyway, where is shibadekobe

:nerd:

Currently in Abu Dhabi and was in Saudi. I am taking cautionary measures. however, the airlines are so unprepared and untrained on how to handle this. A couple things I noticed in the airport. Males with full beards wearing the N95's and some people wearing them improperly. Thanks to the links posted I know how to properly fit one.

Secondly, the airlines do not ask people if they have been to change recently until prior to landing to the destination. In my opinion this is too late. If someone was infected the whole plane would have been infected during the plane ride. Luckily, I have not seen many/any people visibly sick. But I will not lie, hearing the slightest cough coming from someone gets my spider sense tingling. Let a dog with you grab their leash as if you are about to go for a walk :lol:

Haven’t seen any can you repost those links?

CDC issues beard and mustache guide for coronavirus pandemic

66a881e417b177264775ec70b8019956

As face masks fly off the shelves amid rising fears over the COVID-19 illness, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institute for Occupation Safety and Health have just issued a helpful guide about which types of beards and mustaches will make those masks less effective, and which will be OK.

Bottom line: Most beards, and a few mustaches, prevent the mask from making a complete seal against the skin.

here it is

CDC folks testified to the Senate a couple days ago that there is a shortage of equipment, specifically respirators. When the Acting DHS Secretary was questioned by the Senate about the shortage, he contradicted the CDC's earlier testimony but then had to concede he didn't know what he was talking about.

In other news:

I have no trust at all in this current administration to handle an emergency.
Trump has had a fairly easy presidency so far without any major events occurring but this one will expose them

Leaving for DR exactly one week from today. Praying nothing drastic happens so I can still vacay. If I lose out on my vacay I’m sprayin up the block, I don’t care who I hit.

Last edited:

i thought i read somewhere about it being more transmittable during its incubation period :emoji_thinking: i could be wrong though

Still going to Japan in March. From Narita to Kyoto. Then Hiroshima for a day trip, Osaka for a couple nights. One night in a Ryokan in Hakone, then last 5 days in Tokyo.

Definitely bringing N95s for the public transportation, but still excited
Schools are shut down in tokyo, not sure about japan as a whole

only real cases out there are because of the diamond princess

safe travels
inshallah

Leaving for DR exactly one week from today. Praying nothing drastic happens so I can still vacay. If I lose out on my vacay I’m sprayin up the block, I don’t care who I hit.
DR just told a ship they couldn't doc because they suspected they had 8 people with corona symptoms. Told em to go back where they came from.

Back
Top Bottom