Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hate to ask but I am curious how many children have been infected. Most kids go to daycare and those places are cesspools of germs...

I hate to ask but I am curious how many children have been infected. Most kids go to daycare and those places are cesspools of germs...

I have not seen any official numbers regarding age but early reports were that children seemed to be less seriously affected than the elderly and immune compromised. I was just at my childrens’ school for Ash wednesday service and not gonna lie every cough made me feel anxious.

What I am reading the n95 masks that are generally used for construction are the best protection against the Coronavirus since it’s airborne

As far as something that's (somewhat currently) readily available and reasonably effective, yes. It might not be the BEST solution, but it's better than one of those basic surgical masks that are really only good for droplet size particles. Don't forget about sealed eyewear, if it comes to that. I've got a couple pairs of clear swimming goggles like: https://amzn.to/2uBDGWU

Don’t more people die of the flu?

is this gonna be like when we all were gonna get Ebola two years ago?

Don’t more people die of the flu?

is this gonna be like when we all were gonna get Ebola two years ago?

More people HAVE died of the flu, but this coronavirus has already not only been proven significantly more contagious than the flu, but also at least 10-20% (.1% vs 2% at current estimate) more deadly than the flu. The good news is that ~80% of people seem to make a full recovery within 14 days. The bad news is that ~15% end up needing intensive care and 1-2% die. If those 15% are unable to receive intensive care because it is not available (no access to medical facility, lack of beds, respirators, etc) they are more likely to die. Have you ever been to a hospital during flu season? They are usually stretched to the max in terms of staff, resources, etc. We are in peak flu season now, so there is quite honestly no way a significant increase in ICU need will be met. Not only that, but you can't just put a covid-19 patient in ICU next to someone who was in a car accident, etc. They need to be put in isolation, which is extremely rare real estate in hospitals as-is.

For those who care enough to educate yourself, please subscribe to Dr. John Campbell (UK based) on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9IOB2TExg3QIBupFtBDxg
He talks in language we can all understand and is doing his best to describe the current outbreak without sensationalism you will find elsewhere.

As far as something that's (somewhat currently) readily available and reasonably effective, yes. It might not be the BEST solution, but it's better than one of those basic surgical masks that are really only good for droplet size particles. Don't forget about sealed eyewear, if it comes to that. I've got a couple pairs of clear swimming goggles like: https://amzn.to/2uBDGWU

ASK THE EXPERT: N95 RESPIRATOR REUSE

A: Because disposable N95 respirators are designed for one-time use, neither the manufacturers nor NIOSH, which certifies respirators, guarantees protection for extended or multiple use.

http://blogs.hcpro.com/osha/2009/05/ask-the-expert-n95-respirator-reuse/

Its my assumption thats why they are substantially more expensive than the surgical masks. I would use N95s sparingly. Surgical masks at this point are to prevent one from touching their face.
Im no doctor or physician but it may be a good time to load up on certain vitamins or immune boosters. At the rate of infection, we are more than likely going to encounter someone with the flu/ corona some type of virus the best we can do is build up our immune system to prevent illness along with other cautionary advice.

Last edited:
I really hope it does not get any worse,
i had a dream last night that the world was in full on apocalypse because of the virus :frown:

Unfortunately it will get worse before it gets better. How much worse, nobody knows, but we are still in the infancy stage of this outbreak.

ASK THE EXPERT: N95 RESPIRATOR REUSE

A: Because disposable N95 respirators are designed for one-time use, neither the manufacturers nor NIOSH, which certifies respirators, guarantees protection for extended or multiple use.

http://blogs.hcpro.com/osha/2009/05/ask-the-expert-n95-respirator-reuse/

You are 100% correct. I've read that many are rated for 8 hour use. But realistically, how many should the average person stockpile? I wish I had the answer, but I currently "only" have 44 n95 single use respirators. I hope I never have to wear one, but I hope I have enough, yet I don't think I would be a good citizen if I stockpiled them and others are left with none.

Was scrolling through Facebook, and a friend from high school posted this link. Said her husband helped develop it. Fingers crossed it works and America doesn't charge out the *** for it if it does.

You are 100% correct. I've read that many are rated for 8 hour use. But realistically, how many should the average person stockpile? I wish I had the answer, but I currently "only" have 44 n95 single use respirators. I hope I never have to wear one, but I hope I have enough, yet I don't think I would be a good citizen if I stockpiled them and others are left with none.

44 is a lot, that's about 352 hours of protection! You would most likely use them if there was a cluster outbreak in your immediate vicinity, travelling anywhere near Asia and other countries with cluster infections. I would assume you're good and hopefully, you'll never have to use them!

44 is a lot, that's about 352 hours of protection! You would most likely use them if there was a cluster outbreak in your immediate vicinity, travelling anywhere near Asia and other countries with cluster infections. I would assume you're good and hopefully, you'll never have to use them!

I'm thinking more in the instance that there's an outbreak in my area, but I can't just sit at home and wait it out. Going to work, store, etc. I would imagine schools will be closed if there's a known outbreak, but at what point do we need to consider sending our kids to school with masks on and will these one size fits all masks even properly protect a child? I even struggle with how much I even want my kids to know because I don't want them to worry, but at the same time want them to be aware and diligent.

Last edited:
I'm thinking more in the instance that there's an outbreak in my area, but I can't just sit at home and wait it out. Going to work, store, etc. I would imagine schools will be closed if there's a known outbreak, but at what point do we need to consider sending our kids to school with masks on and will these one size fits all masks even properly protect a child? I even struggle with how much I even want my kids to know because I don't want them to worry, but at the same time want them to be aware and diligent.
I’d say that’s a good number to have for one person. They are sold out everywhere so you got lucky unless you had them from before.

everyone should feel free to post links in here for masks and other necessities to help each other out

so can you get re-infected if you already had it and recovered?

I have heard reports of reinfection, but it has not been medically confirmed to my knowledge. Was this actual reinfection or just a false negative test while the person was still technically infected and then had a relapse? If antibodies do not provide lasting immunity, then a vaccine would be pointless.

Alcohol cures the corona virus they saying

Attachments

• D6C58F47-EC18-417F-8B03-D9387E7B92E7.jpeg
    D6C58F47-EC18-417F-8B03-D9387E7B92E7.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom