Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tell me why this right now carries the same clout as a pair of Travis Scott’s 😂😂 Im almost hesitant to rock it outside of work, stick up boys might try to make a move on me

B5226878-CAEE-456A-BD76-2E665DB6EEC3.jpeg
Are those filters single use? What’s it take to sanitize the mask after a shift?

N95 mask fitting usually requires no facial hair. I don’t know much. But that part used to be strict as hell.

Yup to get a perfect seal you don’t need to be fully shaved, but it should be low....which I usually do keep low, however in times like these, with no barber in sight and working literally every night, I haven’t had time to monitor my beard growth....is not that long either way and I got a proper mask now that creates a seal even with facial hair....hospital dropped the ball the second they told us to reuse a 1 time use N95 to treat patients for a whole week....:lol:

The sealing part is weird. Not calling you out specifically. Knew a dude who had a government lab job who they required a clean face for fitting. But then let them grow out their hair for weeks or months later. So it is what it is.

the fitting is important. But they can go beyond that for all other purposes.
But that was before this virus. They may have gotten lax or too strict at this point.

California is days away from its projected coronavirus peak. Here's how the state prepared to 'bend the curve.'

California is projected to reach its peak for COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, with an estimated 66 deaths, according to the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). New York state, which has become the epicenter of the country's coronavirus outbreak, by comparison, had nearly 800 deaths on Wednesday and, according to the IHME's data, hit its daily death peak on Thursday.

California reported its first coronavirus case on Jan. 26 – New York reported its first case more than a month later on March 1. Newsom enacted California’s stay-at-home order on March 19; New York’s order came three days later.

At the time, Newsom said about 56% of the state’s population of nearly 40 million would contract the virus, according to data analyzed by his office. He added about 19,543 people would have to be hospitalized under that assumption, well beyond the existing surge capacity of California’s system, which includes about 10,000 beds across 416 hospitals.

“We still have a long road ahead of us in the Golden State — and we’re aggressively preparing for a surge — but we can’t turn our back on Americans whose lives depend on having a ventilator now," Newsom said in a press release when the ventilators were sent out.

Tell me why this right now carries the same clout as a pair of Travis Scott’s 😂😂 Im almost hesitant to rock it outside of work, stick up boys might try to make a move on me

B5226878-CAEE-456A-BD76-2E665DB6EEC3.jpeg
I've got one very similar to this but I felt like it would be too dramatic. I didn't even know if it was really effective.

The sealing part is weird. Not calling you out specifically. Knew a dude who had a government lab job who they required a clean face for fitting. But then let them grow out their hair for weeks or months later. So it is what it is.

the fitting is important. But they can go beyond that for all other purposes.
But that was before this virus. They may have gotten lax or too strict at this point.

All that crap is all about corporate compliance bro, hospitals have to keep a tight grip on a bunch of insignificant crap so that they are in compliance with regulations, not because they care if employees have a perfect seal or not, as noted by the current crisis where we find ourselves doing things for which hospitals would be fined millions or even be shut down during average times, perhaps in a Covid-free environment they would have time to regulate us and the length of our facial hair, but now? No way....we’ve been tossed into the deep end with no life vest and hopefully we can swim our way back when is all said and done.

also I’m a night shift therapist, so I never really have had to deal with administration pulling me aside to make sure my beard is perfectly trimmed...benefits of working overnight

damn lol, iracing I assume? I'm still confined to much smaller setup for GTS on my PS4, still trying to get decent before making the switch to a full blown PC rig/setup. Can't even count how many hours I've put into racing already while working from home during the quarantine, it's too convenient.
Yea, iRacing. It's really blown up here with the whole shutdown deal. All the major motorsports series holding races on iRacing with their drivers and some of them are being televised weekly. I've been helping a few guys that compete in the World of Outlaws Sprint Car series on Wednesdays on FS1 and one of them came and used my Sim to run last Wednesdays televised race.

Can we see this thing in action?? I'm legitimately curious and intrigued

Here's someone with a GoPro on his head using a real similar setup to mine, so that should give you a much better idea of it than any video I could provide lol.
Sim rig is definitely not a bad thing to have during these crazy times.

Can Fite Received Approval for COVID-19 Clinical Trial in Israel, Patient Enrollment and Dosing to Commence Immediately
  • Study will treat 40 COVID-19 infected patients hospitalized with moderate-to-severe symptoms
  • Efficacy endpoints include viral shedding and resolution of symptoms

BioCryst Begins Clinical Trial with Galidesivir for Treatment of Patients with COVID-19

Pluristem Expands its Compassionate Use Program: Treated First COVID-19 Patient in U.S. Under FDA Single Patient Expanded Access Program
• Cleared by FDA to proceed with the treatment in U.S. under Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program (CTAP)
• Pluristem’s main focus: multinational clinical trial of PLX cells for treatment of complications associated with COVID-19

CytoSorbents' EBP device wins emergency OK to treat COVID-19 patients
Based on bench performance testing and reported clinical experience, the FDA concludes the CytoSorb device - also referred to as an Extracorporeal Blood Purification device - may be effective at treating certain patients with confirmed Covid-19 by removing various pro-inflammatory cytokines from their blood.
The FDA believes the removal of pro-inflammatory cytokines may ameliorate cytokine storm due to the overabundance of pro-inflammatory cytokines and thus provide clinical benefit.

Biocept to Begin COVID-19 Testing
Biocept has partnered with a national clinician network to accept patient samples and may obtain additional agreements as test capacity is increased. Biocept operates a high-complexity, CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and BSL-2 safety level laboratory in San Diego, with specialized, licensed molecular lab staff that have been trained in performing the COVID-19 testing. The lab will be using the FDA-approved for EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) testing ThermoFisher Scientific's TaqPath™ molecular diagnostic platform and kit for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).

Last edited:
SCWorx Announces First Installment of Purchase Order For 48 Million COVID-19 Rapid Testing Units Over Twenty-Four Weeks

From USA Today: (glad they went off my 2018 income 😂 ) but seriously I hope it's getting to the folks who really need it

Meanwhile, many Americans will be getting stimulus payments this week. The IRS began depositing money into taxpayers' bank accounts Saturday and will prioritize the first waves of payments for low-income Americans and Social Security beneficiaries, according to Lisa Greene-Lewis, a certified public accountant at TurboTax.

I keep having stupid anxiety dreams - just little things that I can't do at the moment that turn into stupid escapades for most of the night - last night was my teeth falling out because I couldn't get to the dentist, the night before was something involving my barber.

Back
Top Bottom