Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
130 workers at a meat-packaging plant in Hazelton, Pennsylvania have tested positive for coronavirus

They aren’t exactly socially distant (generic meat packing photo)
20160914_11_1.jpg

I went to Popeyes the other day. I may never go back. 5-7 workers crammed into that small front kitchen space.

It’s about to get crazy if our food supply is truly limited

All these masks on this virus is still hitting hospital workers and the workers above. All of which are 3-5 times cleaner than grocery stores and our own homes
This is what concerns me the most at the moment.
Everything we’ve suspected in this thread has come to pass before being confirmed by our government and institutions.

They keep telling us food is safe but I’m just not buying it at this point. Especially when the essential workers in these industries are sick and working under non ideal conditions while preparing our food.
Packaged food is probably less likely because of shipping times and cooking before consuming but take out from restaurants and fast food I’m not buying one bit.
So much of the packaged supermarket meat here in NY comes from PA. Even the eggs in cartons. This is scary man.

Anyone out in MI? I heard they closed off garden centers, nurseries, floor and tile, paint, and the ability to buy vegetable and plant seedlings. Oh but the lotto can stay.
What else is that wacko governor up to?
I heard the issue is they're not deemed essential, so they must be ordered online ahead of time so people aren't hanging out in the aisles. Just what I gathered off comments on a video.

and Yeah, about your fast food comment. Once all these "essential" employees start getting sick and they have to close restaurants, grocery stores, its a wrap. National guard will have to step in and dole out rations or it's going to be Chaos out in these skreets.

One interesting thing about this is that people without a medical background like some of us here were saying and thinking it was going to be a big problem, while there were a lot of medical experts and professionals over here downplaying Covid-19 until it hit their hospitals and then they were like "OMG, I have 20 year old healthy people with no preexisting conditions coming in needing ventilators!"

I don’t remember anyone that claimed to be in healthcare ever downplaying this, least i never did, then again, my hospital did get hit with one of the first cases, so I saw first hand before most others in here the damage it did to a de rly healthy 50 year old man.

I don’t remember anyone that claimed to be in healthcare ever downplaying this, least i never did, then again, my hospital did get hit with one of the first cases, so I saw first hand before most others in here the damage it did to a de rly healthy 50 year old man.
Nah there were def 1 or 2 RN’s in here claiming “just a flu”. Someone even screenshot a text convo with their nurse friend who was brushing it off.I don’t think they stepped back into this thread after the March wave.
NT is a microcosm if the work at large had people in the medical field arguing with non medical people on this thread. Guess who was right?

It’s the elitist mentality of those of us who do work in healthcare bro, a lot of people at my job going off with this attitude, not me...I’ve been concerned about it from the jump, the NY cases were toooo close to home, last night I spent my night treating a rule out, luckily patient was negative, but we do have another confirmed positive in our hands, luckily I had minimal contact with the patient...I’m sad mostly because I had to cut my dates with my mom and grandma, I’m not even concerned for my own health as I feel my immune system can handle it, my concern is passing it on to someone who cant.

Yeah plenty people outside of here that are in healthcare, specially a lot of Nurses I know downplayed it, I was more referencing to people in here....couldn’t recall an NTer in healthcare brushing this off.

Nah there were def 1 or 2 RN’s in here claiming “just a flu”. Someone even screenshot a text convo with their nurse friend who was brushing it off.I don’t think they stepped back into this thread after the March wave.
NT is a microcosm if the work at large had people in the medical field arguing with non medical people on this thread. Guess who was right?
I think it was Comparison Ford Comparison Ford

Last edited:
Also, you pulling that quote from me about a month ago, has me laughing inside at how naive i was, a rule out patient was terrifying then, now every patient I come in contact with is C+ and as an RT there is no other healthcare worker with more exposure, not even a nurse....so much that honestly I stopped thinking of the possibility of infection becsuse it would drive me nuts....I’m looking down the throat of a C+ patient at least 4-5 times a night during intubation

Yeah plenty people outside of here that are in healthcare, specially a lot of Nurses I know downplayed it, I was more referencing to people in here....couldn’t recall an NTer in healthcare brushing this off.

Yea, I wasn't talking about people on here because in their defense, there were very upper echelon doctors downplaying this virus.

Yea, I wasn't talking about people on here because in their defense, there were very upper echelon doctors downplaying this virus.

Honestly doctors are cool and all, but society gives them wayyyyyyyy too much credit when it comes to how knowledgeable they are....i learned long ago, that the more titles after your name don’t really mean you are the brightest clinician

A lot of doctors are a-holes. Lol I think it's what they go through during residency that makes them that way.

There are some nice doctors out there, but more the exception than rule imo.

I will say this, doctors know their specialty but they're just like any of us outside of it. That's including their opinion of pandemics.

A lot of doctors are a-holes. Lol I think it's what they go through during residency that makes them that way.

There are some nice doctors out there, but more the exception than rule imo.

I will say this, doctors know their specialty but they're just like any of us outside of it. That's including their opinion of pandemics.

Exactly :lol:

honestly I trust a good nurse more than I would trust most doctors, SPECIALLY in a high stress situation....these dudes be losing their **** and start talking to people like straight up peasants.

Welp, starting on Monday, my job will be conducting inquiries to all employees and outside visitors on a daily basis who enter our facility with a series of questions about your health (i.e. been near anyone who may have the virus, etc.). Even as far as scanning your temperature.

Exactly :lol:

honestly I trust a good nurse more than I would trust most doctors, SPECIALLY in a high stress situation....these dudes be losing their **** and start talking to people like straight up peasants.
There ever situations where folks actually step to Doctors?

Welp, starting on Monday, my job will be conducting inquiries to all employees and outside visitors on a daily basis who enter our facility with a series of questions about your health (i.e. been near anyone who may have the virus, etc.). Even as far as scanning your temperature.
Is that legal

Back
Top Bottom