Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
One interesting thing about this is that people without a medical background like some of us here were saying and thinking it was going to be a big problem, while there were a lot of medical experts and professionals over here downplaying Covid-19 until it hit their hospitals and then they were like "OMG, I have 20 year old healthy people with no preexisting conditions coming in needing ventilators!"

Even I downplayed it. My earlier posts here compare it to the seasonal flu. I can assure you an overwhelming number of health care professionals did too. We see so many viral and bacterial infections as well as preventative deaths daily that a lower respiratory damn near perfect lab made virus was almost out of the question.

When this is done, I’m very curious to see how close the amount of deaths in the US will be to the seasonal flu. No healthcare professional in January thought as a first world country that we’d lack the necessary equipment to protect ourselves and contain the virus too. Gotta blame the administration here for not having adequate equipment as it without a doubt would've saved countless of lives.

Edit:

For a largely PREVENTABLE and treatable virus estimated flu deaths is ~40k from 2018 with over 700k hospitalizations. Flu season is about 8 months from August to March.

We are currently at 20k deaths in the US from COVID-19 (w/ hospitalizations unknown), where the only preventative measure is social distancing.

Not comparing, as the death rate is obviously higher and especially in the elderly. Just gonna keep my eye on it.

Last edited:
238 employees at the Smithfield meatpacking plant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota have now tested positive for coronavirus. Increase of 48 since yesterday.

SOUTH DAKOTA
Travel outside home: The governor hasn’t issued a stay-at-home order.

Gatherings: Unnecessary gatherings of 10 or more prohibited. (Order)

Businesses: No statewide directive.

Quarantines: No statewide directive.

Bars/restaurants: No statewide directive.

Beaches/parks: No statewide directive.

Yeah, how is this even debatable?

Dudes really out here bending over backwards to argue that China is just ignorant and backwater? :nerd:

Nah.

Yall got free time, watch Chernobyl on HBO. :smokin

Systemic failure and ignorance tracks for the first week...first month, MAYBE even 2. So we talking about NOVEMBER 2019 (check the receipt). By JANUARY 2020, the gov't had more than enough info to tell the world, an epidemic has broken out here, and it's time to isolate and contain it.

But that **** would only affect CHINA. And they knew from running scenarios on SARS in 2003, they'd lose crazy money and their position in the world. Say you're the CCP. And you've been waging an economic Cold War since the 70s! You still out here trading blows in Rounds 8 & 9 with the belt on the line. All of the sudden, your knee tear like looseleaf and you're on the ropes. :smh:

Tell me your *** wouldn't rather headbutt the OPP. Get disqualified. Keep your titles. And plan a rematch after you're all healed up? Be real. :nerd:

What they DIDN'T EXPECT was the OPP to get a brain hemorrhage and all of a sudden, they're a pariah that's stripped of their belts and banned from boxing.

Them dudes ran the numbers and chose to move how they moved and let the world burn up with a fever. Outta pride, ego, greed, malice...does it even ****ing matter?

Wilfully. Knowingly. Deliberately.

Real crabs in a bucket ****. :smh:

Negligent capitalistic genocide.
we can call it the China virus if we also call it the Trump pandemic.

This thread started January 21

So you’re telling me NT had better intelligence than the President?

I'm just saying shutting down an entire country without being prepared at all doesnt happen. There are idiots outside that still give zero ****s. I think we all know by now the way this garbage *** administration operates.

Really the only thing that we couldve done is stop all travel to and from Europe and China back in January.

Can’t speak for fall, but my school told us already that summer courses will be held online

I'm just saying shutting down an entire country without being prepared at all doesnt happen. There are idiots outside that still give zero ****s. I think we all know by now the way this garbage *** administration operates.

Really the only thing that we couldve done is stop all travel to and from Europe and China back in January.

or not call it a joke or brush it off as "JUST A FLU" **** started poppin off when Gobert got tested positive.

NBA > whatever our gov't did

if NBA didn't shut down we'd be in a ****tier place.

Even I downplayed it. My earlier posts here compare it to the seasonal flu. I can assure you an overwhelming number of health care professionals did too. We see so many viral and bacterial infections as well as preventative deaths daily that a lower respiratory damn near perfect lab made virus was almost out of the question.

When this is done, I’m very curious to see how close the amount of deaths in the US will be to the seasonal flu. No healthcare professional in January thought as a first world country that we’d lack the necessary equipment to protect ourselves and contain the virus too. Gotta blame the administration here for not having adequate equipment as it without a doubt would've saved countless of lives.

Edit:

For a largely PREVENTABLE and treatable virus estimated flu deaths is ~40k from 2018 with over 700k hospitalizations. Flu season is about 8 months from August to March.

We are currently at 20k deaths in the US from COVID-19 (w/ hospitalizations unknown), where the only preventative measure is social distancing.

Not comparing, as the death rate is obviously higher and especially in the elderly. Just gonna keep my eye on it.

Absolutely, top doctors were downplaying this even back in February. Me and a doctor were talking about it in late February and the doc told me that it wasn't a big deal, other docs in virology don't think it's a big deal, while I was like this is gonna be a big problem, etc, etc. By the 2nd week of March, that doc was like, yea, your were right about this virus.

With the way trump prioritizes the economy over the health and safety of the American people, that was never going to happen though.

even if he did have the correct information, which he did, he chose to call it a hoax and lib Conspiracy to downplay his accomplishments

*sorry if already posted...

That hospital is only about 10 min away from lots of Asians by that area
Def a lot of hate all Chinese businesses took a hit and Chinese food in New York is official over for a while .

Yea, no joke, I've talked to plenty of nurses and doctors that were unconcerned about covid in february.

'Just make sure you do your standard flu precautions,' I kept hearing lol

Back
Top Bottom