Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wait, I thought it was confirmed that the virus cannot be transfered via food. Only way would be indirectly like on the utensils, bag, container.
You would be correct. It’s taking the food from the person, virus living on the bag, ect that’s the concern.

honestly, I'm doing more now than i did pre-covid. But before? Shoot, i've gone years without any kind of exercise. 3000 steps per day was a busy day. A trip to Disneyland was like a marathon for me. But i had to get with it. Last physical was good overall but i was in that step before pre-diabetes stage, so i had to get going. First step was to cut Coke out completely. Went from drinking 5-6 cans per day Mon-Thur (2 liters per day Fri/Sat/Sun) to nothing. Now i get drunker way faster because i cant have coke in my jack!! I do feel better overall. Never believed I would but just that helped out big time

holy ****. You used to drink that much coke? And I thought I was bad. Im usually a can a day but sometimes a 20oz bottle with a lot of water in between. When this whole thing started to blow up I stopped drinking for two weeks straight. Longest I’ve gone in years without coke but started to drink occasionally and hoping to keep it at every other day.

From the NBA thread.... uhhh

NBA star DeMarcus Cousins first hired Noordin Said to be his personal security guard in 2015 during All-Star weekend in New York. From there, the two hit it off, and Said worked the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and the 2017 All-Star weekend in New Orleans at Cousins’ side.

Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green hired Said to be his personal security guard during the 2018 playoffs, and Said worked this season with Los Angeles Lakers guard Rajon Rondo at most home games.

He also worked with Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Drake, Cardi B, T.I., Young Jeezy, Fabolous, Migos and Jim Jones.
Said had been experiencing body aches, fatigue and extreme, continuous hiccups for the past three weeks. He died at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn.

Man, the body aches part scares me!! I’ve been feeling this big time sore/aching feeling it’s deep can’t tell if it’s muscle or bones. Been going on for a few day’s now I have no other symptoms but it’s gotten progressively worse, with more areas bothering me. I wanna say it’s from not being active much lately compared to hitting the gym at least 4x a week before all the lockdowns started. I hope it’s that!

Me and my girl got the flu bad in Jan. Both were confirmed Flu B but sometimes we wonder if it was COVID. I've had the flu before, but never like that. Was legit feeling like I couldn't walk

Me and my girl got the flu bad in Jan. Both were confirmed Flu B but sometimes we wonder if it was COVID. I've had the flu before, but never like that. Was legit feeling like I couldn't walk

Yup me, my girl and kids all got flu b in December. **** was WILD bad

It was def the flu though (not covid), test came back positive for my son.

While there is some overlap with symptoms, Covid19's most severe issue is the lack of oxygen/struggle to breathe. The flu b strain was a WICKED cough/extreme flu symptoms (chills/aches/fever/feeling like you were ran over by a truck/etc)

I know a lot of people in here that have talked about getting sick late last year and I'm guessing a good majority was people that got this flu b strain.

pulled up a simple stat via google to just show how ridiculously ignorant comparing covid deaths to deaths from driving was:

More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. trafficfatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.

So the fatality rate is about .0000124? I think you're smart enough to know that's better than the average deaths from covid, right?

I'll take a .0000124% chance of death vs 3.5% chance of death every day of the week. Granted, we're unsure who has it since the documented cases are just that, documented.

Statistics are simply puzzle pieces - everyone may have a different picture and using them differently.

I personally don’t agree at all with the statistics you are using. And i also agree that the statistics I use are not right for you. It’s only normal for us to internally feel a certain way and find statistics that support that feeling. Human nature.

I’m scared of what is out there. I deal with it by telling myself it’s not that bad and trying to find statistics that support that. I don’t like feeling helpless against something like this. And I do feel that fear is more dangerous than this virus. I’m very afraid of us as humans losing our connection with the natural order of life. Death is normal and to be expected. We’ve gone so far to try and inoculate ourselves against it that we’ve paralyzed ourselves with fear. And this is not just corona related but it’s became a way of life for societies in general. Embracing uncertainty has seemed to become lost from our spirit.

Back from my tangent. The statistics I find (and others can disagree) most compelling are the ones based on cruise ship data. It’s very interesting because they get tested multiple times, they can’t leave, and they were all exposed to it heavily.

Diamond Princess
3,711 passengers and crew
700 infected (got corona)
126 asymptomatic of the 700 (means they had it but didn’t show symptoms)
3,000+ tests performed
7 died

In a cruise ship environment all 3,711 can assume to have been exposed to it. From my reading of the data that means .189% (much less than 1%) of people die (7/3,711).

Additionally, given that cruise ship populations tend to err more toward the older side I would infer that among the regular population the percentage that are asymptomatic is 25%+ and that the death rate is lower.

As such, my hypothesis (and that’s all it is) is (based on 1,000 people)

1. If exposed to it of the 1,000 about 175 people would become carriers of the virus

2. Of those 175 people
25 would show no symptoms
150 would show symptoms

3. Of the 175 people that have it:
1-2 would die

If we extrapolate that to the entire US population of 330 million people my hypothesis is that if everyone were exposed then 500,000 to 1,00,000 people would die if absolutely zero social distancing was done or precautions taken.

The harder question is the moral one - what is the right number to restart the country and world. At what point do people dying of hunger, debt, stress, suicide, mental health, falling into severe poverty or homelessness etc outweigh a life saved? Everyone deep down will have their own answer. And individually that answer is and probably should be different than what a country does objectively.

Here is a link to the article:

Statistics are simply puzzle pieces - everyone may have a different picture and using them differently.

I personally don’t agree at all with the statistics you are using. And i also agree that the statistics I use are not right for you. It’s only normal for us to internally feel a certain way and find statistics that support that feeling. Human nature.

I’m scared of what is out there. I deal with it by telling myself it’s not that bad and trying to find statistics that support that. I don’t like feeling helpless against something like this. And I do feel that fear is more dangerous than this virus. I’m very afraid of us as humans losing our connection with the natural order of life. Death is normal and to be expected. We’ve gone so far to try and inoculate ourselves against it that we’ve paralyzed ourselves with fear. And this is not just corona related but it’s became a way of life for societies in general. Embracing uncertainty has seemed to become lost from our spirit.

Back from my tangent. The statistics I find (and others can disagree) most compelling are the ones based on cruise ship data. It’s very interesting because they get tested multiple times, they can’t leave, and they were all exposed to it heavily.

Diamond Princess
3,711 passengers and crew
700 infected (got corona)
126 asymptomatic of the 700 (means they had it but didn’t show symptoms)
3,000+ tests performed
7 died

In a cruise ship environment all 3,711 can assume to have been exposed to it. From my reading of the data that means .189% (much less than 1%) of people die (7/3,711).

Additionally, given that cruise ship populations tend to err more toward the older side I would infer that among the regular population the percentage that are asymptomatic is 25%+ and that the death rate is lower.

As such, my hypothesis (and that’s all it is) is (based on 1,000 people)

1. If exposed to it of the 1,000 about 175 people would become carriers of the virus

2. Of those 175 people
25 would show no symptoms
150 would show symptoms

3. Of the 175 people that have it:
1-2 would die

If we extrapolate that to the entire US population of 330 million people my hypothesis is that if everyone were exposed then 500,000 to 1,00,000 people would die if absolutely zero social distancing was done or precautions taken.

The harder question is the moral one - what is the right number to restart the country and world. At what point do people dying of hunger, debt, stress, suicide, mental health, falling into severe poverty or homelessness etc outweigh a life saved? Everyone deep down will have their own answer. And individually that answer is and probably should be different than what a country does objectively.

Here is a link to the article:

Your data doesn't make sense. If you assume everyone on that ship was infected, you have to adjust the number of deaths for that assumption. Likelihood of all 3,711 passengers being infected is low. IF that was the case there would likely be more deaths.

The problem with comparing a highly infectious virus to car accidents is:

- You don't cough dangerous driving to other people
- Car accidents don't mutate, viruses can. Assuming your .2% is the real fatality rate, a mutation in the virus that raises the mortality rate to anything close to 10% would be unimaginable. Avian flu had a 60% fatality rate but was not highly infectious. Now imagine COVID morphed into something like that
- Yes, death will occur. But if there's still a path to stamping out the virus similar to how SARS and Swine Flu were stomped out, why not try? There is simply no method to stomping out deaths by car accidents because that is one of the only transportation methods that exists right now. If there comes a day there is definitive evidence COVID is not going away, then fine. That day has not come.

From a personal point of view, I am much more concerned about the economy because losing my job comes with many different implications for me. And I agree, the economic circumstances can be much more detrimental to people than the virus. But at this point there is still some hope of beating this virus and short term devastating consequences may be necessary for long term gains.

My company just laid off ~ 100 employees. It sucks. This whole period of time sucks. There really is no right answer here

I'm just not into comparing car accidents to covid cuz ppl been driving for a century now and I've never seen motor vehicle accidents overwhelm the Healthcare system like covid has.

Also not everybody drives or gets in a car. If you don't want to be a mva statistic you can simply refuse to get into a car and it'll drastically cut down your chance of dying from a car accident.

There's no realistic way of avoiding covid that easily.

Last edited:
I'm just not into comparing car accidents to covid cuz ppl been driving for a century now and I've never seen motor vehicle accidents overwhelm the Healthcare system like covid has.

Also not everybody drives or gets in a car. If you don't want to be a mva statistic you can simply refuse to get into a car and it'll drastically cut down your chance of dying from a car accident.

There's no realistic way of avoiding covid that easily.

But that’s the thing.

Stats seem to show (based on controlled environment like cruise ship) that about 80% of people don’t get the virus when exposed to it in normal close knit circumstances (e.g., a cruise ship environment)

And of the 20% that do get it at 15-20% of those people have no symptoms.

Not saying those are good odds but you’re still much more likely not to get it than to get it based on percentages if you just went about your day. And adding some basic social distancing to that and it drops even more dramatically.

Edit: Not trying to minimize the total numbers here. When looking at totals if we do nothing it’ll certainly overwhelm our healthcare system and even with social distancing it’s damn near doing that. I’m all for social distancing. Just trying to say that our fear should have some rationality to it if possible.

Stanford Researchers Say Californians May Have Herd Immunity to COVID-19

As heartbreaking images of a mass grave on New York City’s Hart Island garner national attention, some wonder why California, the West Coast epicenter of the pandemic, isn’t being hit harder. Stanford University researchers believe the COVID-19 virus came to California last fall and was misidentified as a bad outbreak of the flu. Now, it’s possible millions of Californians were exposed to the virus and have developed herd immunity. Plus, Dr. Oz gives tips on how to properly wear a mask.

But that’s the thing.

Stats seem to show (based on controlled environment like cruise ship) that about 80% of people don’t get the virus when exposed to it in normal close knit circumstances (e.g., a cruise ship environment)

And of the 20% that do get it at 15-20% of those people have no symptoms.

Not saying those are good odds but you’re still much more likely not to get it than to get it based on percentages if you just went about your day. And adding some basic social distancing to that and it drops even more dramatically.

Edit: Not trying to minimize the total numbers here. When looking at totals if we do nothing it’ll certainly overwhelm our healthcare system and even with social distancing it’s damn near doing that. I’m all for social distancing. Just trying to say that our fear should have some rationality to it if possible.
I'm not sure the fact that the cruise ship is a controlled environment helps your argument. Yes it's tight headquarters, but I'd imagine it's easier to get the passengers to obey protocol than citizens of a whole city.

Given that, I don't think it's fair to take the ship numbers and extrapolate it to a whole country where variables are harder to control.

It is probably better to take statistics of a city and extrapolate that to a whole country, although that would also be hard because American cities are all different from each other.

Last edited:
So I had to make a road trip this week... qlmost 15 hour trip each way, just got back today. Got pulled over doing 88 in a 65. Made sure to cough into my arm before handing the officer my license... he wouldn't even though it, told me to slow it down. If there is a silver lining to all this, that has to be it for me.

On a less bright note, I jad some spicy pho that upset my stomach, as it usually does, and naturally my legs kinda hurt from sitting in that position for 15 hours, but as a precaution I told my girl I was gonna sleep in the guest bedroom just to be on the safe side (though honestlythe incubation period is at LEAST 2 days), and no she's all pissed talking about I shouldn't have went. She wouldn't be saying that **** if the rent wasn't paid tho.

One of the most pointless call outs by Traditional Media for an nonissue seen. Respect to the Surgeon General taking the time to deliver a targeted message, calling for all minority communities to take the Virus as a serious matter. Life or Death.

Actually read the entire article and understand why some people distrust the press. May not like the answer or the person delivering the answer, but sometimes the questions are too much. Everybody wants a commentary show instead of just delivering the actual news.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pbs-y...ral-after-his-remarks-offended-online-critics

🤦‍♂️
Stop it. The Surgeon General is a biscuit boy

Stanford Researchers Say Californians May Have Herd Immunity to COVID-19

As heartbreaking images of a mass grave on New York City’s Hart Island garner national attention, some wonder why California, the West Coast epicenter of the pandemic, isn’t being hit harder. Stanford University researchers believe the COVID-19 virus came to California last fall and was misidentified as a bad outbreak of the flu. Now, it’s possible millions of Californians were exposed to the virus and have developed herd immunity. Plus, Dr. Oz gives tips on how to properly wear a mask.

As a californian I would like to believe this but the numbers dont jive.
I work with a norcal hospital system and our patient numbers were down all fall and winter compared to other flu years. If it had made the rounds it would have at least made a blip on out charts given the severe symptoms

As a californian I would like to believe this but the numbers dont jive.
I work with a norcal hospital system and our patient numbers were down all fall and winter compared to other flu years. If it had made the rounds it would have at least made a blip on out charts given the severe symptoms
I remember reading about a weird pneumonia killing people in California a while back I wonder if that what they are talking about.

Make sure y'all wearing y'all masks bro.

Mask on.

92850578_643142216418735_6656092920929583104_n.jpg

I was thinking, the people that guaranteed have had mass exposure to this virus on a consistent level, daily since it broke here in the states, have been frontline healthcare, specifically ICU RNs and RTs...if they want to test plasma for antibodies and run tests on how that may help those infected, I would say start there, test frontliners that have been exposed and been asymptomatic for over a month, those that test negative, might have some type of immunity, have had it and beat it and don’t even know it or are just lucky, because speaking from my personal experience, our use of whatever PPE our hospitals have provided is laughable, we’ve been using the same N95s masks for weeks, reuse gowns, the list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom