Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anybody looking for tp or paper towels, keep your eyes glued to Amazon. They post listings randomly throughout the day, just gotta be patient. We’ve gotten lucky this past week so we should be ok for a little while. Wasn’t about to be fighting with people in the store over tissue smh

NT Supreme trained us well.....

Just put page monitor on AMZN and COSTCO for TP and Wipes :rofl:

QUEST DIAGNOSTICS SAYS CURRENTLY DOING OVER 30K VIRUS TESTS/DAY

Quest Diagnostics further expands COVID-19 testing capacity

Current capacity is 25,000 COVID-19 tests a day, expected to rise to 30,000 a day by end of the week

Posted March 24, 2020 5:30 PM EST

Quest Diagnostics has expanded its COVID-19 testing capacity to 25,000 tests per day, significantly higher than initially forecast. In addition, Quest now expects to further expand capacity to 30,000 COVID-19 tests per day by the end of this week.

Last edited:
We talking nationwide or location specific?

It was for the Company, Quest Diag....so I assume nationwide.

Quest Diagnostics further expands COVID-19 testing capacity

Current capacity is 25,000 COVID-19 tests a day, expected to rise to 30,000 a day by end of the week

Posted March 24, 2020 5:30 PM EST

Quest Diagnostics has expanded its COVID-19 testing capacity to 25,000 tests per day, significantly higher than initially forecast. In addition, Quest now expects to further expand capacity to 30,000 COVID-19 tests per day by the end of this week.

To that dude who's highlighting Fauci's comments about "we're seeing lower cases than predicted".

The whole point of building a model is to try and beat that model by putting in measures (i.e. social distancing). The model shows what could happen if things were to stay the same, it acts as a guide for when and how drastic actions taken need to be. If you're touting "lower than expected" as some sort of evidence that the virus is just a product of over-panic then you have no idea how numbers and models work. Zero patience for people who are crying "omg it's just panic!".
Just ask yourself why anyone in their right mind would WANT to panic?

kff9stbbt0q41.jpg

Interesting

I don't really give these kinds of perspective articles much credence, but it's an interesting read nonetheless. I hope he's right and we get off easy for various reasons, but have my doubts. My local area is rising exponentially (+194.4% since last week), even though there are still "only" 53 confirmed cases in the county. I think there were only 4 confirmed cases 2.5 weeks ago when they closed all the schools and around 10 when they gave the shelter in place order. There's still way too many cars on the road for my comfort.

I don't really give these kinds of perspective articles much credence, but it's an interesting read nonetheless. I hope he's right and we get off easy for various reasons, but have my doubts. My local area is rising exponentially (+194.4% since last week), even though there are still "only" 53 confirmed cases in the county. I think there were only 4 confirmed cases 2.5 weeks ago when they closed all the schools and around 10 when they gave the shelter in place order. There's still way too many cars on the road for my comfort.
I just think that if it had really hit cali early like that, it would've hit ny earlier than a few weeks ago.

Disagree, rich people get the healthcare they need.

how did they test whole NBA teams off rip? It wasn’t because they got lucky...

That's a bad example, IMHO. There are rich people dying next to poor ones in hospitals right now. All the money in the world might be able to get you tested quicker, but it won't buy a cure for this disease...

No, but if you take a broke boi and put him next to a rich dude and they both get da rona who’s gonna get the best treatment?

either can still live or die but the treatment of the rich person is gonna be better.

No, but if you take a broke boi and put him next to a rich dude and they both get da rona who’s gonna get the best treatment?

either can still live or die but the treatment of the rich person is gonna be better.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I have to believe that in the current medical crisis that's unfolding those same 2 individuals would likely be side by side in the same overcrowded ICU ward receiving the same "best we can do in a crisis" treatment by the same exact doctors and nurses. Perhaps some of our resident NT medical professionals can weigh in...

Back
Top Bottom