Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
A Deluged System Leaves Some Elderly to Die, Rocking Spain’s Self-Image

In Italy (Spain as well), authorities have conceded that their coronavirus death toll did not include those who had died at home or in nursing homes. Similarly in France, officials have said that only those who died in hospitals had been recorded as pandemic-related — a practice they said would change in the coming days.

Work strikes at Amazon, Instacart and Whole Foods show essential workers' safety concerns

Workers at an Amazon warehouse on Staten Island, New York, walked out during lunch Monday, over concerns about safety at the job site. "How many cases we got? Ten!" went a call-and-response chant outside the fulfillment center that afternoon, in reference to workers who had tested positive there with COVID-19.

Co-workers there feared for their own health because workers weren't always physically distanced and the site was not closed to be sanitized. "We are working long, crowded shifts in the epicenter of a global pandemic, and Amazon has failed to provide us with the most basic safeguards to protect us, our families, and the public's health,” said Rina Cummings, a worker at the center, in a statement released by Athena, a coalition of groups that represent Amazon workers and others concerned about the company's influence.

“We are walking out to protest the impossible choice of coming to work at a toxic workplace and possibly spreading the virus or going unpaid during an economic crisis," she said.

Fears of contamination and risk also led to as many as 150,000 workers for grocery delivery service Instacart to execute a nationwide strike on Monday. Their action got wide support on Twitter from notables such as Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and concerned consumers such as Ifeanyi Ezeh, a computing engineer living near Columbia, Maryland.

"I support all workers who are risking their health to help save lives during this crisis," he tweeted with the hashtags #InstacartStrike and #AmazonStrike. "Thanks to these brave people, many families like mine are able to stay home safe with our families."

Amazon faces another potential workplace disruption Tuesday as some employees have planned a "sick out" over demands for better conditions including double pay because of the hazards of working during the pandemic.
Workers who would not give their names for fear of possibly being fired said they worried not only about getting the virus themselves from customers or co-workers as some staffers at stores had tested positive.

We’re really ******. Just read a bunch of comments under Candace Owen’s tweets and there are fools saying Covid is fake and not serious smh.

We’re really ****ed. Just read a bunch of comments under Candace Owen’s tweets and there are fools saying Covid is fake and not serious smh.

Yea, some of those comments made me cringe. Hopefully the 250 that died in n.y state in 24 hours will wake some ppl up. But to honest, some ppl are easily brain washed, and even when they know they're wrong, they will still fight to convince themselves they were right.

There's a new comedy show on HBO called Anenue 5. In one scene, everyone on a spaceship cruiseline is stuck in space for 3 years. After a while the guests get weary and start to think the spaceship really isn't in space, so the guests overtake the ship and start walking themselves out of the airlock lol. They start dying one by one. And even then as the guests watch other guests freeze and die when the airlock opens, they explain it away by saying it's just special effects and continue to walk out one by one 😂

Point being, when rationality isn't on the menu, you can choose from a million dumb explanations to keep an idiotic narrative going.

Last edited:
Yea, some of those comments made me cringe. Hopefully the 250 that died in n.y state in 24 hours will wake some ppl up. But to honest, some ppl are easily brain washed, and even when they know they're wrong, they will still fight to convince themselves they were right.

There's a new comedy show on HBO called Anenue 5. In one scene, everyone on a spaceship cruiseline is stuck in space for 3 years. After a while the guests get weary and start to think the spaceship really isn't in space, so the guests overtake the ship and start walking themselves out of the airlock lol. They start dying one by one. And even then as the guests watch other guests freeze and die when the airlock opens, they explain it away by saying it's just special effects and continue to walk out one by one 😂

Point being, when rationality isn't on the menu, you can choose from a million dumb explanations to keep an idiotic narrative going.
Facts. People call Kanye a genius and the fool Ye said Candace was a genius. Crazy how we often give dummies platforms who influence sheeple. I need to watch the show you mentioned,

Its fair to be skeptical of numbers; to think about the politics of numbers and how numbers can be used towards various ends.

But what’s your investment in the skepticism? And to what ends? If the numbers are being used to mobilize people towards greater concern for others then isn’t that a good thing? If the exponential increase in cases since March is being used to get more people to practice social distancing then isn’t that a good thing?

Sure, there are a ton of assumptions at work. But death is not an abstraction. The loss of life is not an abstraction. Isn’t that all that needs to be said?
I have zero investment in skepticism. But I do put a great deal of investment into data and accuracy. Putting numbers out there without context (or providing context where people don’t read, like myself at times) causes panic. And it also can give a false sense that things are getting better when they are not.

Believe me, I’d rather err on the side of ‘panic’ as it add peace of mind to me that my parents and elder family members are more likely to stay as home (as well as the population more likely to stay at home)

No investment here bruv. But people spreading numbers without providing context can be irresponsible and damaging

Damn just got some bad news one of my friends died yesterday due to corona. Kid was in his 20s SMH. I’m not sure if he had any underlying conditions but damn this one hurt

Please take this serious, make sure you guys are taking ALL PRECAUTIONS.
Hey man I’m sorry for your loss.

NT fam it’s getting more and more real. Not like it hasn’t been already though.

Damn just got some bad news one of my friends died yesterday due to corona. Kid was in his 20s SMH. I’m not sure if he had any underlying conditions but damn this one hurt

Please take this serious, make sure you guys are taking ALL PRECAUTIONS.
I'm sorry for your loss my friend.

Kiniksa Announces Early Evidence of Treatment Response with Mavrilimumab in 6 Patients with Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia and Hyperinflammation

Applied BioSciences Begins Offering Coronavirus Test Kit to the General Public to Combat Spread of COVID-19

VIVUS Accelerates the Launch of Telemedicine and Remote Monitoring Modules to Facilitate Effective Patient Care During “Social Distancing”

5x0igm2j7zp41.png

Back
Top Bottom