Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial

Abstract
Background
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been found to be efficient on SARS-CoV-2, and reported to be efficient in Chinese COV-19 patients. We evaluate the role of hydroxychloroquine on respiratory viral loads.
Patients and methods
French Confirmed COVID-19 patients were included in a single arm protocol from early March to March 16th, to receive 600mg of hydroxychloroquine daily and their viral load in nasopharyngeal swabs was tested daily in a hospital setting. Depending on their clinical presentation, azithromycin was added to the treatment. Untreated patients from another center and cases refusing the protocol were included as negative controls. Presence and absence of virus at Day6-post inclusion was considered the end point.
Results
Six patients were asymptomatic, 22 had upper respiratory tract infection symptoms and eight had lower respiratory tract infection symptoms.
Twenty cases were treated in this study and showed a significant reduction of the viral carriage at D6-post inclusion compared to controls, and much lower average carrying duration than reported of untreated patients in the literature. Azithromycin added to hydroxychloroquine was significantly more efficient for virus elimination.
Conclusion
Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin.
I’m really curious about the effect azithromycin is having on this virus because it’s an antibiotic. I’ve always had incredible results using it when I’ve had lingering respiratory issues, even though doctors seem very hesitant to prescribe it as a first line treatment. Might be worth trying to stock a couple z-paks if I can find a way to source them...

Last edited:
Old people huh?

Screenshot_20200320-222810_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200320-222825_Chrome.jpg

Why wouldn’t they mention the super low death rate for the NY area? Coincidence?

0.5% death rate. It’s almost better it’s hitting the younger folks harder, they can withstand it at a better %.

I’ll have to see how my condition develops overnight but taking into account my current symptoms and past experiences with all kinds of respiratory illnesses, I suspect I have to pneumonia. I can’t really come up with anything else that I can link back to previous experiences. It’s certainly not bronchitis.

Some aspects are practically identical to what I felt in all two of my previous pneumonia cases. One of my current symptoms (the dull internal ache that radiates to my mid-upper back and kind of feels like there's something inbetween your ribs/lung that isn't supposed to be there) also immediately reminded me of how I felt during my previous 2 pneumonia cases. Both cases had that exact same distinct dull pain I'm feeling now.
The one major difference is that in the past 2 cases, my temperature dropped to the low 35 degree Celsius range, whereas now I’m hovering at a fever temperature of around 37.5 (fluctuated between 37.3 and 37.7 today)

I’m going to bed in a few minutes, hopefully off to a better morning than today.

Last edited:
I’ll have to see how my condition develops overnight but taking into account my current symptoms and past experiences with all kinds of respiratory illnesses, I suspect I have to pneumonia. I can’t really come up with anything else that I can link back to previous experiences. It’s certainly not bronchitis.

Some aspects are practically identical to what I felt in all two of my previous pneumonia cases. It also immediately reminded me of how I felt during my previous 2 pneumonia cases.
The one major difference is that in the past 2 cases, my temperature dropped to the low 35 degree Celsius range, whereas now I’m hovering at around 37.5

I’m going to bed in a few minutes, hopefully off to a better morning than today.
I hope you feel better soon man.

Not the greatest time to come down with anything ...

Why wouldn’t they mention the super low death rate for the NY area? Coincidence?

0.5% death rate. It’s almost better it’s hitting the younger folks harder, they can withstand it at a better %.

young people don't think they can't get it, they think they can't die from it lol

#s help their case.

Been doing deliveries, its booming out here. Folks just staying in ordering food and getting fat.

They tip better in deliveries too compared to regular rides.

Damn near all of em just msg me to leave the food by the door. Super efficient esp with no traffic and parking enforcement and gas being 73cents a litre.

They tried spinning into it being the narrative that reports were young people were less susceptible to the virus which is 100% false. Early reports never said younger population is less likely to be infected. They've always said the risk is equal for all age groups, but the symptoms and casualty risk were much higher when you got to older age groups. So the concept of "oh young people didn't think they could catch this huh?" Is misleading because that was never the argument

Some aspects are practically identical to what I felt in all two of my previous pneumonia cases. It also immediately reminded me of how I felt during my previous 2 pneumonia cases.
The one major difference is that in the past 2 cases, my temperature dropped to the low 35 degree Celsius range, whereas now I’m hovering at around 37.5

Do you have access to a teledoc or webdoc who can remotely prescribe azithromycin?

Everyone is ramping up production.

Amneal Accelerates Distribution and Production of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate to Meet Potential Needs of COVID-19 Patients Nationwide

BRIDGEWATER, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMRX) (“Amneal” or the “Company”), one of the largest U.S.-based generics manufacturers, today announced that it is responding to the national COVID-19 health emergency by building on its existing supply of hydroxychloroquine sulfate.

Amneal is ramping up production of hydroxychloroquine sulfate at several of its manufacturing sites and expects to produce approximately 20 million tablets between now and mid-April. Those tablets will be made available nationwide through Amneal’s existing retail and wholesale customers, as well as through direct sales to larger institutions in need.

“This is a critical time in the fight against COVID-19,” said Chirag and Chintu Patel, Co-Chief Executive Officers. “With our existing supply of hydroxychloroquine sulfate, and the ability to fast-track production, Amneal is well-positioned to help meet the potential demand for patients in need. We are grateful to our employees for working to accelerate production and will continue to do everything we can to support the healthcare needs of our communities.”

Hydroxychloroquine sulfate was first synthesized in 1946 and is in a class of medications historically used to treat and prevent malaria. Today, Amneal’s hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat malaria, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, childhood arthritis and other autoimmune diseases. Hydroxychloroquine is not approved for the treatment of COVID-19; however, it has been identified as a possible treatment for COVID-19,1 and the U.S. government has requested its immediate availability.

Here’s what’s happening. Healthcare workers are on the frontline without being tested. Majority will be asymptomatic and unknowingly and unintentionally passing it along to the same patients they are treating. You’re going to the hospital to be evaluated and tested by relatively young nurses, PAs, docs only to catch it at the hospital. Numbers will continue to rise, it’s inevitable.

A combination of treatment and taper of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin (Zpak) shows lots of promise. Cleared the virus close to 100% in most patients. Only problem is it’s best to avoid in the elderly as it can increase risks of vision problems and QT prolongation (a severe heart rate/rhythm condition).

My professional advice to anyone that knows a prescriber. Get yourself one that'll send these scripts to your pharmacy. Get a quantity of 30 of hydroxychloroquine 200mg just in case.

The dosing is 2 tablets twice a day on day 1 then 1 tablet twice daily for 4 days.

Last edited:
Do you have access to a teledoc or webdoc who can remotely prescribe azithromycin?
I'm not familiar with that medication but I can always just call my doctor (I think the US refers to it as 'general physician' or 'family doctor') and ask for a prescription to be sent to my local pharmacy. Then the pharmacy can deliver the prescribed medication to my door. Azithromycin is antibiotics I presume?

Hopefully soon, one of these will work against C19.

Humanigen Planning Phase III Study of Coronavirus Treatment

Study to tackle leading cause of death in COVID-19 patients

• Lenzilumab is a monoclonal antibody that neutralizes GM-CSF, a cytokine up-regulated in COVID-19 patients that can cause a harmful immune response
  • Clinical evidence suggests that this response contributes to cytokine storm caused by SARS-CoV-2 in COVID-19 patients with, or at risk of, developing acute respiratory distress syndrome
  • Lenzilumab has published evidence in the prevention of cytokine storm and is in a clinical study to prevent cytokine storm in the context of CAR-T cancer therapy with Kite Pharma (“Kite”), a Gilead company

Burlingame, CA, March 20, 2020 – Humanigen, Inc., (HGEN) (“Humanigen”), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on preventing and treating cytokine storm with lenzilumab, the company’s proprietary Humaneered® anti-human- granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor(GM-CSF) monoclonal antibody, announced that the company is seeking to conduct a Phase III, randomized, controlled, clinical trial to rapidly advance the clinical development of lenzilumab for the prevention and treatment of cytokine storm which can lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection in COVID-19.

I mean the figures to scare young people is a valiant effort but the numbers simply dont justify it.

the issue becomes the hospitalization rate. many young people iknow suffer from asthma/bronchitis. So if they catch it and need hospitalization (most likely survive), the efforts of doctors and resources could have gone elsewhere to a more deserving patient.

its a slippery slope to not change how we move. We have to listen this time.

Here’s what’s happening. Healthcare workers are on the frontline without being tested. Majority will be asymptomatic and unknowingly and unintentionally pass it along to the same patients they are treating. You’re going to the hospital to be evaluated and tested by relatively young nurses, PAs, docs only to catch it at the hospital. Numbers will continue to rise, it’s inevitable.

A combination treatment and taper of hydroxychloroquine and a ZPak (azithromycin) shows lots of promise. Cleared the virus close to 100% in most patients. Only problem is it’s best to avoid in the elderly as it can increase risks of vision problems and QT prolongation (A severe heart rate/rhythm condition).

My professional advice to anyone that knows a prescriber. Get yourself one thatll send these scripts to your pharmacy. Get a quantity of 30 of hydroxychloroquine 200mg just in case. The dosing is 2 tablets twice a day on day 1 then 1 tablet twice daily for 4 days.
Sends me a prescription!!!!

PM me ....

On another note, I think that's why hospitals are going to an appointment routine and they are setting up drive thru test sites ...

All these are measures to reduce the spread which it will help immensely.

I’m really curious about the effect azithromycin is having on this virus because it’s an antibiotic. I’ve always had incredible results using it when I’ve had lingering respiratory issues, even though doctors seem very hesitant to prescribe it as a first line treatment. Might be worth trying to stock a couple z-paks if I can find a way to source them...
Trump blowing up the name on national tv could have been a move to create a rapid shortage of the drug. They want to make money off the new covid 19 specific drugs.
Even overseas they have tightened on HC because they don’t want it getting shipped out of the country

Some aspects are practically identical to what I felt in all two of my previous pneumonia cases. One of my current symptoms (the dull internal ache that radiates to my mid-upper back and kind of feels like there's something inbetween your ribs/lung that isn't supposed to be there) also immediately reminded me of how I felt during my previous 2 pneumonia cases. Both cases had that exact same distinct dull pain I'm feeling now.
The one major difference is that in the past 2 cases, my temperature dropped to the low 35 degree Celsius range, whereas now I’m hovering at a fever temperature of around 37.5 (fluctuated between 37.3 and 37.7 today)

Were you hospitalized previous times for pneumonia? What did they prescribe? Maybe you can self medicate from what they gave you last time.
Hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow.

Z-Pack always used to be my go to when I'd get bronchitis. Body eventually started resisting it and I broke out in hives. Can't take it anymore. :smh:

How does it feel to have bronchitis and pneumonia? I’ve had a sore throat with minimal plygm that won’t go away but it’s def improving vastly.

Back
Top Bottom