Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
5696 cases in the USA now. It's doubling every 3 days. Which also means the # of new cases is doubling every 3 days. 1k new cases per day right now. That'll mean in a week we'll be adding 5k new cases per day.

Hopefully our half-assed lockdown and delayed response will start to kick in on the numbers in 7-10 days and the # of new cases will start to trend downwards. Things will be bad these next 2 weeks but it could look a lot better in a month.

We can do this....

I work for one of the big 4 television networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) - without naming.

So far, they have shown concern for the current events. We've been working on this for over a month. A just in case scenario.

I'm a bigger fan of the company today then i was a month ago. Always enjoyed working here but their generosity has cemented it for me.

what up cousin, glad to see your employer taking the protection of its employees (and wider society) seriously.

I get it about not wanting to reveal your workplace for privacy reasons, there are a lot of weirdos online.

still, I feel it is important to know which corporations stood for and against the public in this crisis.

if not now, cool, but at some point in the future it would be helpful to know which network led the way.

again, if you still rather not say I feel you, but making a public record of this kind of thing has merit.

stay safe man.

Whoever tweeted 40-50% of the population will contract the virus at one point months ago seemed to be right.

WIll be interesting to see the numbers in 10 days to see how well the quarantine is working.

Not going to do the research for you but this reason should be enough:

- mass testing leads to detecting many people who do not have symptoms or have very mild symptoms, those people can self-isolate leading to reduction of potential transmissions

Would everything still be closed or how it is now? Would everyone flock to their closest hospitals trying to all get tested, and maybe possibly spread it to others there? Hospitals and clinics would be hot beds.

How does one quarantine if they live with family?

Lets say there were testing kits for everyone, how would you say this affect whats going on now, would it have prevented certain things, etc etc.Not even just talking about people having it, but the other effects its had on our daily lives.
Right now my friend works at a psych clinic. At this psych clinic because they have a finite amount of patients, they can test everyone for cov19 to screen them before they come for their appointment.

At urgent care clinics and ERs they can't test everyone who wants a test and will even turn ppl away who present with fevers. They have to do this because they have to prioritize who gets tested and who doesn't based on their clinical assessments, due to a cap on test availability.

The problem is clinical assessments aren't a hundred percent accurate. Clinicians can misdiagnosed and even if they were spot on with their knowledge of cov19 systems they can end up turning away potential patients who actually have cov19.

You know what can reduce the margin of error? More test availability.

I'm increasingly thinking that when you post, that you don't think things through.

Last edited:
For anyone with a kid in downstate ny, remote learning is starting next Monday with google classrooms. They’ll be giving out 300k iPads for those without computers as well. In the mean time, the free Khan academy app is pretty good for daily review. It’s free and mostly works without supervision.

giphy.gif

He cool, but lookup this guy, ya drone...:smile:
Somewhere there's Underrated written, with his mug on the side. Milkbox style.
And genuinely good dude irl.
bokeem-woodbine-413x480.jpg

Sorry for straying some, guys.

Right now my friend works at a psych clinic. At this psych clinic because they have a finite amount of patients, they can test everyone for cov19 to screen them before they come for their appointment.

At urgent care clinics and ERs they can't test everyone who wants a test and will even turn ppl away present with fevers. They have to do this because they have to prioritize who gets tested and who doesn't based on their clinical assessments.

The problem is clinical assessments aren't a hundred percent accurate. Clinicians can misdiagnosed and even if they were spot on with their knowledge of cov19 systems they can end up turning away potential patients who actually have cov19.

You know what can reduce the margin of error? More test availability.

I'm increasingly thinking that when you post, that you don't think things through.

If you cant see what im trying to get at then whos the one not thinking?

But nevermind that. Point taken.

5696 cases in the USA now. It's doubling every 3 days. Which also means the # of new cases is doubling every 3 days. 1k new cases per day right now. That'll mean in a week we'll be adding 5k new cases per day.

Hopefully our half-assed lockdown and delayed response will start to kick in on the numbers in 7-10 days and the # of new cases will start to trend downwards. Things will be bad these next 2 weeks but it could look a lot better in a month.

We can do this....

Image result for umm yeah gif

more testing = more cases

If you cant see what im trying to get at then whos the one not thinking?

But nevermind that. Point taken.
Are you dumb?

if you see the situation in South Korea

more testing = better isolation

Lower death rate

overall resulting in less stress to the health care system

less ambiguity in who has it and who doesn’t. People who know they have it won’t be hanging out with 10+ friends on a beach.

people who are cleared will be able to return to work etc

I wonder if this is in response to not letting the CGTN in the White House when they had elevated temperature.

No. CCP expelled our Journalists 4-6(?) weeks ago in China for reporting "fake COVID19" news. Then US expelled theirs here. Then SCMP tested 100.3 deg and got booted only from press room....and now This.

Are you dumb?

if you see the situation in South Korea

more testing = better isolation

Lower death rate

less ambiguity in who has it and who doesn’t. People who know they have it won’t be hanging out with 10+ friends on a beach.

people who are cleared will be able to return to work etc

Ya’ll quick to call it dumb and im trying to have a real convo. Theres a lot you can learn from someone asking a “are you serious?!” type of question.

Ya’ll quick to call it dumb and im trying to have a real convo. Theres a lot you can learn from someone asking a “are you serious?!” type of question.
So what is your response to my other points.

it seems common sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom