Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My job finally shot down all of the nurses trying to cite blatantly false religious exemptions to not get vaccinated. Now the only exemption you can cite is a legitimate medical one.

They're all talking about what they're gonna do next month when they're no longer allowed to work, but I honestly believe 95% of them are all talk. They have families, mortgages, and bills to pay. I think they're gonna sober up in the next 3 weeks, realize this isn't the hill they wanna die on, and begrudgingly get the first dose in the 11th hour.

Either way, I'm here for it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Brother-in-law.; solid dude who always shows love. I attended a funeral last year which required me to travel to a high transmission country. Vaccines weren't available at the time. so I was unvaccinated. Was on a packed plane for 4 hrs (each way), and was around 150 ppl who were crying w runny noses and all that. Got tested for covid before leaving US and when I came back; results were negative both times. Infection seems like a crapshoot given all the varying factors that come into play.
So yea, don't test your luck.

You made it out of THAT situation clear, don't pull an OJ and go steal your own merch.

The situation is black and white, IMO. While it may SEEM obvious that there is risk with associated with traveling, attending crowded events, etc, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re destined to catch COVID if you participate in those activities. I think they should be evaluated more on a case-by-case basis because each situation is going to be unique. For example, a wedding in MD (65% fully vaxxed rate) is going to be less of a risk than a wedding in Mississippi (38%).

I think “safe” really comes down to the individual and how much risk they’re willing to assume.

they should be evaluated more on a case-by-case basis because each situation is going to be unique.
yup. even with delta circulating, being vaccinated has shifted everything from a "be as safe as you can" approach to a "weigh the risks" approach.

it's reasonable to go travel or meet friends or go to a wedding IF it is important to you and them and also depending on the details (how many people? is it outdoors? are they vaccinated?). there's also nothing wrong with not going. understand the risks and use your best judgment.

I'd also add that you want to feel comfortable if you're going to something like a wedding. otherwise you won't enjoy it.

Yeah, seems like most of you will always advise us to play it safe and not go any event or any place crowded. Totally understand, some of you got families and it's necessary. I only have to worry about myself. Will go to a party or restaurant if I feel like it. This virus is never going away so I can't stay away from people forever. It was weird riding a crowded train again.

yup. even with delta circulating, being vaccinated has shifted everything from a "be as safe as you can" approach to a "weigh the risks" approach.

I'd also add that you want to feel comfortable if you're going to something like a wedding. otherwise you won't enjoy it.
Yeah, seems like most of you will always advise us to play it safe and not go any event or any place crowded. Totally understand, some of you got families and it's necessary. I only have to worry about myself. Will go to a party or restaurant if I feel like it. This virus is never going away so I can't stay away from people forever. It was weird riding a crowded train again.

These. As soon as things shut down and we began quarantine, I knew that there was going to be a new “normal” once things eventually re-opened that I would have to adjust. So I’m not walking around all willy nilly like I was pre-COVID but I still do certain activities outside of my home. I am just extremely cautious which is all you can ask for anyone in public in 2021 and beyond.

my boy, "we should have all let them drink bleach and wipe themselves down with bleach wipes when they wanted to do it last year. the pandemic would be in the rearview and traffic wouldn't be so bad heading to work in the morning."

i went from :sick::sick::sick: to the mj shrug

I don't KNOW, buddy. Still, trying to figure this ordeal out. I don't know how many of these 200 people are vaccinated. For those who are vaccinated, don't know when they received their doses or the remaining efficacy of their vaccinations. I also don't know how the delta variant may come into play. People seem to participate in various social activities and its still not clear where the risk lies.
I don't envy you.

You know, as a good family member you're expected to attend and you also know, that from a virus avoidance perspective, the situation is less than ideal.

I went to my nephews confirmation two weeks ago, I skipped the church ceremony, both because there were limited seats due to COVID and because I usually skip church ceremonies out of boredom. I attended the reception, where COVID passports and negative tests were required and checked by staff and then I left early. The venue was a spacious room with several open doors out the the gardens and between courses, lots of people would leave the table to socialize outside. We were 40 people.

I'd talk to your family about your worries and then you have to figure out what kind of risk, you're willing to assume. This is an important day for your family, but the risk is also real. I don't think, it's unreasonable to ask, what kind of accommodations, they've made regarding COVID.

Agreed.

We were just talking about this at work.
The problem is these health care workers, who are a small percentage, somehow believe in all the fundamentals but this vaccine.

From what I remember about all the nursing majors when I was in school, I can't say I'm surprised.

Rebecca from apple cinnamon pie been a radical conservative, with her stickered Yeti cup, simply southern tee and patagonia wearing boyfriend.

(Ain nothing wrong with Patagonia baggies though, right wingers got good taste with those)

Back
Top Bottom