Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Define safe. You probably won't die...
If you feel the need to ask a bunch of strangers, you probably already know the answer and are just hoping we'll confirm that it's too risky.
Unfortunately, this. But I will ask - are you just just attending a church ceremony? Or is there a reception afterwards with dinner, dancing, etc?

If it’s the former then I would hope that they set up or at least encourage social distance within the church. If it’s the latter, that’s a lot riskier because you’re certain to be in close contact with strangers.

There’s a lot of risk involved but my opinion is that I think it’s doable if you’re mindful and proceed cautiously.

There’s a lot of risk involved but my opinion is that I think it’s doable if you’re mindful and proceed cautiously.

You make some good points. I attended a funeral in late Spring early Summer for my uncle and instead of sitting up front shoulder to shoulder unmasked with the rest of my extended family I sat in the back corner with my mask on. I'm sure they thought I was being ridiculous, but I wasn't there to impress anyone.

Unfortunately, this. But I will ask - are you just just attending a church ceremony? Or is there a reception afterwards with dinner, dancing, etc?

If it’s the former then I would hope that they set up or at least encourage social distance within the church. If it’s the latter, that’s a lot riskier because you’re certain to be in close contact with strangers.

if I do go, it will only be to church ceremony; will definitely skip reception. Church probably won’t encourage social distancing or mandate masks. I have N95 masks on deck so I agree it’s doable, but not sure if worth the risk.

You make some good points. I attended a funeral in late Spring early Summer for my uncle and instead of sitting up front shoulder to shoulder unmasked with the rest of my extended family I sat in the back corner with my mask on. I'm sure they thought I was being ridiculous, but I wasn't there to impress anyone.

Bingo. You were moving cautiously. I’ve had to travel for work during the pandemic from the start via mostly airplane and train. I’ve managed to avoid getting it but I could see why some folks wouldn’t have done the same. You really have to keep your head on the swivel and sometimes go out of your way to avoid folks in order to achieve the maximum possible peace of mind.

If you are vaccinated with Johnson and Johnson or with moderna is it safe to get the pzifer ? I heard in other countries some are doing it

if I do go, it will only be to church ceremony; will definitely skip reception. Church probably won’t encourage social distancing or mandate masks. I have N95 masks on deck so I agree it’s doable, but not sure if worth the risk.

What is your relationship to the couple getting married? I think it may come down to that as well as what is most important to you. I’ve not attended weddings for less tbh and that was Pre-COVID when you could go to a reception with dinner, open bar, dancing and a good time. I have no qualms sending a card with an apology, comments on the pics and a check. COVID is just a built in excuse now :lol:

If you are vaccinated with Johnson and Johnson or with moderna is it safe to get the pzifer ? I heard in other countries some are doing it

Yes, absolutely. If I had Moderna or Pfizer I would try to get the same for dose #2, but if I had J&J I wouldn't hesitate to get Moderna or Pfizer as a second dose. There has been very good success using mRNA vaccines as a second dose after adenovirus vector vaccines (mostly Oxford/Astrazeneca, but close enough).

Honestly, i’m vaccinated and would not be scared to go to a close friend’s wedding or any other event. Got a housewarming party on Saturday.

Even if fully vaccinated, is it safe to attend a 200 person attendance wedding inside a church where there will be no mask enforcement?
You KNOW the answer to that question.

The fact that they thought you were ridiculous is VERY ridiculous. :lol:

You KNOW the answer to that question.

I don't KNOW, buddy. Still, trying to figure this ordeal out. I don't know how many of these 200 people are vaccinated. For those who are vaccinated, don't know when they received their doses or the remaining efficacy of their vaccinations. I also don't know how the delta variant may come into play. People seem to participate in various social activities and its still not clear where the risk lies.

I don't KNOW, buddy. Still, trying to figure this ordeal out. I don't know how many of these 200 people are vaccinated. For those who are vaccinated, don't know when they received their doses or the remaining efficacy of their vaccinations. I also don't know how the delta variant may come into play. People seem to participate in various social activities and its still not clear where the risk lies.

Not trying to be a jerk but you asking the question indirectly tells us that you know the answer to the question.

But I would say to avoid that event at all costs.

Unmasked
You have NO clue who is/isn't vaxxed.

CLear as day.

What is your relationship to the couple getting married? I think it may come down to that as well as what is most important to you. I’ve not attended weddings for less tbh and that was Pre-COVID when you could go to a reception with dinner, open bar, dancing and a good time. I have no qualms sending a card with an apology, comments on the pics and a check. COVID is just a built in excuse now :lol:

Brother-in-law.; solid dude who always shows love. I attended a funeral last year which required me to travel to a high transmission country. Vaccines weren't available at the time. so I was unvaccinated. Was on a packed plane for 4 hrs (each way), and was around 150 ppl who were crying w runny noses and all that. Got tested for covid before leaving US and when I came back; results were negative both times. Infection seems like a crapshoot given all the varying factors that come into play.

Brother-in-law.; solid dude who always shows love. I attended a funeral last year which required me to travel to a high transmission country. Vaccines weren't available at the time. so I was unvaccinated. Was on a packed plane for 4 hrs (each way), and was around 150 ppl who were crying w runny noses and all that. Got tested for covid before leaving US and when I came back; results were negative both times. Infection seems like a crapshoot given all the varying factors that come into play.

So yea, don't test your luck.

You made it out of THAT situation clear, don't pull an OJ and go steal your own merch.

Back
Top Bottom