Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFAIK, the size of viral particles has not changed, just that the virus binds to cell receptors more easily. Quality masks will still provide high levels of protection and basic masks will still provide some, but not nearly as much as most people imagine. Now is as good a time as any to buy the best masks you can afford and strongly consider wearing eye protection and even ear plugs, earbuds, etc just in case.

Great advice man!

I really have no sympathy anymore for those anti-masker/vax who end up getting the virus and die. I really don't. If they want to protest, as long as they do it outside the building, I could care less. Not some dumbass grown up who lies on the floor like a little kid. I guess they don't even understand the simple concept: if you don't like the rule, just don't go. They are blaming government for business shutdown whereas they're the one who cause the business to close down. I guess I can go to their house and do whatever I want because it's my freedom?

ELTORO84 ELTORO84 Yeah you could have been exposed before you got the vaccine. Until you get the 2nd dose and wait for 3 weeks or so until the vaccine becomes effective, you are still vulnerable. Hope for speedy recovery.

Why did my dumbass think it stopped at level 4?
I'm in Denmark and because we use the metric system, we have five levels.

giphy.gif

Just wondering, watching TV, it looks like TV shows haven't missed a beat. How are some of these operating with a crowd and such? Did California ever truly shut down Hollywood? Are they doing strict tests? My state never shut down construction. So many half measures out there.

Just wondering, watching TV, it looks like TV shows haven't missed a beat. How are some of these operating with a crowd and such? Did California ever truly shut down Hollywood? Are they doing strict tests? My state never shut down construction. So many half measures out there.

funny you bring this up now, local news just ran a story on this yesterday:

basically they shut down in March, restarted production in the summer with heavy protocol but now with LA county in deep doodoo the union wants to shut down again.

funny you bring this up now, local news just ran a story on this yesterday:

basically they shut down in March, restarted production in the summer with heavy protocol but now with LA county in deep doodoo the union wants to shut down again.
Thanks. So they did shutout at least for awhile. I wonder how it is elsewhere. What kind of protocols? Mass testing I suppose? But some game type shows with crowds all have folks who had been tested? So many folks from out of town on these shows too.

They tell us to shelter in place without a job, but they'll let these big union places run free? Makes you wonder.

They told us to shelter in place, as construction crews are working on redoing sidewalks. Their message to all doesn't match what they are actually doing.

Last edited:
For those that received the vaccine already, any side effects after the 1st or 2nd dose outside of arm pain?

Curious. I've been hearing a variety of experiences.

I had injection site pain for about 2 days, kinda like a tetanus shot. It was mildly uncomfortable to lay on that arm for that time. Otherwise, feeling just fine. I hope the logistics around vaccine administration get sorted out soon so that the masses can be vaccinated.

Just got the official message that my second dose is delayed - with the explanation that one dose is 90% effective so they'd rather do that more and delay the second one which apparently extends how long it is effective for.

Got my moderna shot around 5pm after work yesterday. No symptoms just slight injection site pain. But I was already sore from the gym from monday night so it’s whatever lol

New research suggests the strain is about 56% more contagious than the original virus that emerged in China. The variant has overtaken all other versions of the virus in the UK since late November. By mid-December, six out of every 10 new coronavirus cases in the UK were the new variant.

Given that spread, and how frequently people travel between the US and UK, "the arrival of this variant in the US was expected," according to the CDC. (There are 16 flights per day from London-Heathrow airport to New York's JFK airport alone.)

Back
Top Bottom