Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m pretty sure the vaccine would be detrimental to those with auto immune diseases like lupus. I wonder what other alternative they have going forward
Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I haven’t seen any evidence that it would be harmful for people with auto immune diseases.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I haven’t seen any evidence that it would be harmful for people with auto immune diseases.

People with autoimmune diseases are at a greater risk for developing autoantibodies to other things/another autoimmune disease.

Also if they're taking immunosuppressants for their condition they'd have to stop them for the vaccine to be fully effective.

So I’ve been symptom free for going on 2 weeks now, back at work and taking on the world. Only thing is my smell is back but I can’t smell bad smells. Like food, air freshener anything that smells good I can smell it but I can’t smell anything bad. When I drop a deuce I smell nothing, pass gas? Nothing. Breath in the morning? Nothing. Taste is back but not as good as it was. My favorite foods don’t taste the same. My grandmother says the same, her favorite coffee is nasty to her now. Anybody else deal with this.

damn life ain’t the same if you can’t even smell your own farts

People with autoimmune diseases are at a greater risk for developing autoantibodies to other things/another autoimmune disease.

Also if they're taking immunosuppressants for their condition they'd have to stop them for the vaccine to be fully effective.

Thank you for the information. My secretary was recently diagnosed with Lupus, so that info is much appreciated.

EDIT: just read the following contradictory information on Lupus.org regarding the 2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccines

It is unlikely that many people with lupus were included in the clinical trials for the vaccines.

There is no evidence that people with lupus should not receive the vaccine. According to the CDC, there is no reason to think that taking the vaccine will result in an inflammatory response (flare) for a person with lupus or other autoimmune disease.

There is strong evidence from the clinical trials, however, that taking the vaccine greatly reduces the chance that a person will get COVID-19, which can be a serious or even fatal illness.

Unless there is another reason not to take the vaccine, such as a history of severe allergic reactions to vaccines, it is generally recommended that people with lupus receive the vaccine.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. My secretary was recently diagnosed with Lupus, so that info is much appreciated.

EDIT: just read the following contradictory information on Lupus.org regarding the 2 mRNA COVID-19 vaccines

It is unlikely that many people with lupus were included in the clinical trials for the vaccines.

There is no evidence that people with lupus should not receive the vaccine. According to the CDC, there is no reason to think that taking the vaccine will result in an inflammatory response (flare) for a person with lupus or other autoimmune disease.

There is strong evidence from the clinical trials, however, that taking the vaccine greatly reduces the chance that a person will get COVID-19, which can be a serious or even fatal illness.

Unless there is another reason not to take the vaccine, such as a history of severe allergic reactions to vaccines, it is generally recommended that people with lupus receive the vaccine.

thanks for the update. Not at all surprised given the severity of covid that they want everyone (who can without getting ultra sick or dying lol) to get the vaccine.

Reward outweighs the risk, this is a common theme with drugs and Med ethics. The riskiest drugs are only given in literal life and death situations.

also as a PSA: this is why herd immunity is important. Herd immunity is not “everyone get sick so we’ll have antibodies” it’s “everyone get vaccinated so that people who can’t get vaccines because they would die don’t get sick with polio and then die a painful death.”

9ggjmxuqkx661.jpg

Back
Top Bottom